Karl Malone is an idiot... | Syracusefan.com

Karl Malone is an idiot...

Deano

All American
On the Dan Patrick show he was asked to name his starting all time 5 and says Scottie Pippen would be on it over Michael Jordan...smh.

Also has his boy Stockton as the PG. Sorry but there is another guy that was the greatest PG of all time, who was head and shoulders above him, by the name of Magic Johnson.

Malone needs to have his head examined. I lost a lot of respect for the guy in regards to his comments when Magic was first diagnosed with aids and this just adds to it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9344402/karl-malone-leaves-michael-jordan-all-starting-5

Love to ask Karl if he remembers this game and who got stripped at the end of the game.

I'm okay with him putting Stockton over Magic because 1) he was his teammate, and 2) Stockton is at worst the second or third best PG ever.

The Jordan exclusion is just absurd, of course.

Yeah maybe you could argue you'd rather have Stockton for 20 years than Magic for 12. I wouldn't make that argument, but it's there, I guess.

The other one is ridiculous

His comments would make complete sense if he somehow mistakenly thought he'd be in the game with them. His choices would be more likely to get him the ball.

On the Dan Patrick show he was asked to name his starting all time 5 and says Scottie Pippen would be on it over Michael Jordan...smh.

Also has his boy Stockton as the PG. Sorry but there is another guy that was the greatest PG of all time, who was head and shoulders above him, by the name of Magic Johnson.

Perhaps The Mailman was looking for some type of chemistry fit to his all time starting 5, as opposed to placing the 5 all time best players at their individual positions on the floor together. Pippen is actually #26 all time in assists in the NBA. That's crazy if you think about it.

Another crazy thought on assists. Kidd played basically forever, and he still is 3,000 assists behind Stockton! Stockton and Magic are the only two on the Top 30 that averaged better than 10 a game for their career.

That's amazing. Kidd played 19 seasons and he's still that far behind? Good lord.

Is Stockton still the all time steals leader, or did someone break that record?

That's amazing. Kidd played 19 seasons and he's still that far behind? Good lord.

Is Stockton still the all time steals leader, or did someone break that record?

Yeah, crazy right?

Stockton and Kidd are 1 and 2 in steals all time. Stockton has a 600 steal lead.

Jordan is third, with an absurd 2.35 a game. Even at that he's 750 total or so behind Stockton.

Perhaps The Mailman was looking for some type of chemistry fit to his all time starting 5, as opposed to placing the 5 all time best players at their individual positions on the floor together. Pippen is actually #26 all time in assists in the NBA. That's crazy if you think about it.

Another crazy thought on assists. Kidd played basically forever, and he still is 3,000 assists behind Stockton! Stockton and Magic are the only two on the Top 30 that averaged better than 10 a game for their career.
Just think if Magic's career hadn't been cut short.

I'm okay with him putting Stockton over Magic because 1) he was his teammate, and 2) Stockton is at worst the second or third best PG ever.

The Jordan exclusion is just absurd, of course.

Putting Stockton on that team over Magic is just as crazy.

As great as his overall career was, Im not sure he was ever the best PG in the league. From Magic to Isiah to KJ to Payton to Kidd, there was basically always at least one PG better than him.

Maybe he had a year or two in the mid 90s as the best, after Isiah got old and KJ started getting hurt all the time, and before Payton was all the way there.

Disagree STRONGLY that Payton or Kidd, or even Isiah, were better than Stockton. He wasn't flashy, but he was better than at least Payton and Kidd. I may give you Isiah, but even that, I'd argue.

Disagree STRONGLY that Payton or Kidd, or even Isiah, were better than Stockton. He wasn't flashy, but he was better than at least Payton and Kidd. I may give you Isiah, but even that, I'd argue.

Isiah is not even debatable, IMO.

I'm not necessarily saying Kidd or Payton had better careers than Stockton...I think that one is arguable.

I was just more going by a rough timeline of the best PG's at any given time. Kidd in the early 00's was the best PG, Stockton was winding down by then.

I think Payton passes Stockton around 95-96 or so. I remember him destroying Stockton in the playoffs around then, and once he fully came into his own he was incredible on both ends of the floor.

I'll give Stockton like 1993 and 1994 as the best.

Well, all I know is that I would rather go to battle with John Stockton than Isiah, Payton, or Kidd. I really think he's the best pure point guard of all-time (I don't count Magic as necessarily a "pure point guard" because he was such an atypical guy who could float between positions as needed and his like has never been seen before or since...he was truly unique).

Well, all I know is that I would rather go to battle with John Stockton than Isiah, Payton, or Kidd. I really think he's the best pure point guard of all-time (I don't count Magic as necessarily a "pure point guard" because he was such an atypical guy who could float between positions as needed and his like has never been seen before or since...he was truly unique).

I get preferring your guy. Stockton was great to watch. Isiah was the biggest villain ever to me, I hated him. But he led his team to back to back titles, and really came a questionable foul call away that put Jabbar on the line, from 3 peating(and I say that as a Laker fan). He lead his team over Birds Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, and Magic's Lakers in the playoffs.

And I was curious so I looked it up, but this is what I remembered Payton doing to Stockton once he peaked. Killed him the whole series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199605280SEA.html

I'm taking Isiah over Stockton 100% of the time. watch game 6 of the '88 NBA finals, not too many guys I'd rather go to battle with than that.

I'm taking Isiah over Stockton 100% of the time. watch game 6 of the '88 NBA finals, not too many guys I'd rather go to battle with than that.

Yeah, I can't speak for earlier players, but in the years I've been a fan, only Magic is ahead of Thomas at PG.

As for the Stockton over Magic it really depends. If you are talking best at their position or trying to assemble the best team. Different things imo.

As for the Stockton over Magic it really depends. If you are talking best at their position or trying to assemble the best team. Different things imo.

Either way, Magic blows him out of the water.

Either way, Magic blows him out of the water.

Not that simple. For it to be the best team, players have to gel or think might gel, how one another compliments that person. Just the same having Jordan, Iverson, Wilt, Malone on the same team wouldnt work because all need the ball to be very effective.

Not that simple. For it to be the best team, players have to gel or think might gel, how one another compliments that person. Just the same having Jordan, Iverson, Wilt, Malone on the same team wouldnt work because all need the ball to be very effective.

No, it is that simple.

Who couldn't gel with Magic Johnson? Probably the most gifted at making his teammates better, ever.

No, it is that simple.

Who couldn't gel with Magic Johnson? Probably the most gifted at making his teammates better, ever.

Stockton couldnt make his teammates better? Stockton on a team that needs defense and outside shooting at the pg spot would be the better pick. So no, not that simple.

FWIW, David Robinson was asked the same question by Dan Patrick this morning and The Admiral also picked Stockton as his point guard.

Got to agree with his pick of Oscar Robertson. Hard to keep Robertson off of any all-time NBA team.

Stockton couldnt make his teammates better? Stockton on a team that needs defense and outside shooting at the pg spot would be the better pick. So no, not that simple.

magic is a better pick than stockton on any kind of team anywhere anytime. magic won an ncaa championship, 5 nba championships, and his teams made the finals 9 times in his 12 year career.