Class of 2015 - Karl Towns | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Karl Towns

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
16-Year-Old Towns Could Play for Calipari in Olympics

Karl Towns is a 16-year-old basketball prodigy who could play forJohn Calipari’s Dominican Republic team in this summer’s London Olympics.

A 6-foot-11 rising sophomore at St. Joe’s High School in Metuchen, N.J., Towns, whose mother, Jacqueline Cruz-Towns, is Dominican, trained with the Dominican Senior National Team last year and has been invited to do so again this year.
------------------------------------------------------------

As for Towns, he has a long list of major Division I schools after him. Towns Sr. listed North Carolina, Michigan, Rutgers, Baylor, Syracuse and Villanova as just some of the schools involved.

“As you know, Kentucky’s always the top,” Towns Sr. said.

None of the aforementioned schools –except Kentucky — will host Towns this summer for Olympic training.

And only one school’s coach can potentially coach Towns this summer in London.

“You know,” Towns said, “Kentucky’s a great school. I already took a nice visit down there. I think the school is just amazing. It’s just seeing how the future unfolds for me."

16-Year-Old Towns Could Play for Calipari in Olympics

Karl Towns is a 16-year-old basketball prodigy who could play forJohn Calipari’s Dominican Republic team in this summer’s London Olympics.

A 6-foot-11 rising sophomore at St. Joe’s High School in Metuchen, N.J., Towns, whose mother, Jacqueline Cruz-Towns, is Dominican, trained with the Dominican Senior National Team last year and has been invited to do so again this year.
------------------------------------------------------------

As for Towns, he has a long list of major Division I schools after him. Towns Sr. listed North Carolina, Michigan, Rutgers, Baylor, Syracuse and Villanova as just some of the schools involved.

“As you know, Kentucky’s always the top,” Towns Sr. said.

None of the aforementioned schools –except Kentucky — will host Towns this summer for Olympic training.

And only one school’s coach can potentially coach Towns this summer in London.

“You know,” Towns said, “Kentucky’s a great school. I already took a nice visit down there. I think the school is just amazing. It’s just seeing how the future unfolds for me."

But a coach from Syracuse, can potentially coach against him. And at the very least will have an opportunity to "bump" into him at some point.

So he says location is an important decision since he is close to his family. He is also a huge fan of the Knicks and perhaps one Carmelo Anthony? Sounds like Cuse has as much chance as anyone else.

So he says location is an important decision since he is close to his family. He is also a huge fan of the Knicks and perhaps one Carmelo Anthony? Sounds like Cuse has as much chance as anyone else.
Well to be fair, he didn't say that, his dad did. The interview was with his dad. But if that's true, you're right.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a 15 year old modeling his game after Len Bias, not to mention he is 3" taller then Len right now.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a 15 year old modeling his game after Len Bias, not to mention he is 3" taller then Len right now.
Why? Len's game was crazy good. As long as he's not modeling his off-the-court life after Bias, what's wrong with him modeling his on-court game after Bias' on-court game?

If you are 6'11" as a freshman in high school you should be modeling your inside game after a big, not a wing. At that size you simply have more options for moves then a 6'8" wing does. Plus highlights on youtube are probably not the best portrait of one's game (I can show you a dunk contest that will have you thinking Mike Williams should have been drafted into the NBA), I can't imagine a 15 year old has really seen alot of Len's games in their entirety. And yeah there is the whole cocaine thing too.

Bias was on his way to being one of the best players of all time

Best of all time???? I'm going to have to call you... Biased.
Seriously? Up to that point, Len was heralded as one of the most talented, most athletic players to ever play college basketball.

Karl Towns (@KATis32)
5/22/12 9:58 PM
Made that Dominican Olympic team!! Hyped

CALLLLIPARRRRIIIII!

Karl Towns (@KATis32)
5/22/12 9:58 PM
Made that Dominican Olympic team!! Hyped

CALLLLIPARRRRIIIII!

coach-cal-goggles.jpg

once again, a young talent who was first recruited by boeheim, has experienced the coach cal invasion:

2011 - tony davis
2012 - nerlens noel
2015 - karl towns

boeheim needs to land wiggins, get a bit of pay back by stealing someone from cal. i think we need wiggins to reclassify for SU to have a shot at wig.

once again, a young talent who was first recruited by boeheim, has experienced the coach cal invasion:

2011 - tony davis
2012 - nerlens noel
2015 - karl towns

boeheim needs to land wiggins, get a bit of pay back by stealing someone from cal. i think we need wiggins to reclassify for SU to have a shot at wig.
DeJuan Coleman should ring a bell.

Calipari must have thought he had a chance. He spent alot of time chasing after DC.

there is a rule in the SEC that allows coaches to offer as many scholarships as they want, and cal sure takes advantage. last year alone, cal gave out about 17 offers, DC being one of them. so it might appear cal chases certain players, but he really just picks and chooses based on his team's needs and, let's be honest, on who has the most talent (cal is allowed to take back offers if, let's say a kid ranked higher decides he wants to attend uk. so in theory, if DC picked uk, cal could have said: "sorry dajuan, nerlens is on board, so i'm giving him your spot").

there is a rule in the SEC that allows coaches to offer as many scholarships as they want, and cal sure takes advantage. last year alone, cal gave out about 17 offers, DC being one of them. so it might appear cal chases certain players, but he really just picks and chooses based on his team's needs and, let's be honest, on who has the most talent (cal is allowed to take back offers if, let's say a kid ranked higher decides he wants to attend uk. so in theory, if DC picked uk, cal could have said: "sorry dajuan, nerlens is on board, so i'm giving him your spot").

So we woulda took both but cal wouldn't have?

Also, for example, It was just a coincidence that the day after their second round game Cal was in Glens Falls watching the state tourney game that Coleman was playing in (the only KY offer playing) the same week he was preparing for the sweet 16? I think it was more then a passive offer.

So we woulda took both but cal wouldn't have?

Also, for example, It was just a coincidence that the day after their second round game Cal was in Glens Falls watching the state tourney game that Coleman was playing in (the only KY offer playing) the same week he was preparing for the sweet 16? I think it was more then a passive offer.

maybe, but i heard from JD folks that dajuan made up his mind about coming to SU months before he announced. i'm pretty sure both cal and boeheim knew as well.

to think boeheim pulled a fast one on cal and stole DC is a bit much. dajuan has known boeheim since he was like 12 years old. DC goes to school with jimmy's son. now, if boeheim could manage to get the wigster, that would be impressive.

and if boeheim could land karl towns after cal spends years coaching him on the DR national team, that would be even more impressive.