Women's Lacrosse - Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Kayla Treanor named new WLAX Head Coach

Now that everything is official-- Apparently we have already picked up Kimber Hower from the transfer portal. Talented UNC back up goalie who I believe has two years of eligibility left. Does she pickup anyone else? Olivia Dirks please come on over. Does she bring anyone over from BC with her? Ill gladly take Charlotte North, Holly Schleicher, and Sydney Scales any day of the week lol. If Charlotte comes, she possibly could win a national championship at two different schools.
Unknown.jpeg

My sources say she is by far the best young women's lacrosse coach in the country.

Tremendous technician. Great motivator. Outstanding at teaching stick skills.

And the best recruiter in the country.

JW got the people I wanted as the new HCs for both lacrosse teams. I am thrilled.

Welcome home Kayla.
Another coup for JW, proving again that he's more than just a media guy. Great hire.

Last edited:

AD John Wildhack is introducing Treanor. He cites her knowledge of lacrosse and her tutelage working on the Boston College Coaching Staff. He also adds that her accomplishments as a player are too long to mention here.

Search committee unanimously recommended K-Train.

Wildhack and Treanor pose for a picture with Treanor’s jersey before SU’s new coach takes the stand.

Treanor calls this “the opportunity of a lifetime” and thanks Wildhack and the selection committee for hiring her.

Treanor now thanks Gary Gait for taking a chance on her as a player and for “supporting me all the way through.”

Treanor discussed her year at Harvard as a coach, citing that her work with several former SU players helped her development.

Treanor thanks Acacia Walker-Weinstein for allowing her to work at BC. She then thanked her friends and family for helping her.

As far as the future of the program goes, Treanor wants the players to “love their experience” and enjoy the best four years of their lives. She says that her next goal is to “bring a national championship back to Syracuse.”

Treanor says that she feels lucky to be able to coach where she played.

Treanor - on being back five years after leaving SU - says that this has always been a destination for her and a lifelong goal. She credits Syracuse as a great spot to learn as a coach.

Treanor says her experience wit BC has been unique, making a National Championship each year with the Eagles. She also says that she’s ready for a new challenge.

Treanor says that SU is in a similar spot as BC. She adds that winning a title takes a “tremendous amount of work” and is never guaranteed. She adds that she believes she knows what’s necessary now to bring home a championship to Syracuse.

Treanor feels like she’s ready because she’s been working on this her whole life. She adds that her confidence comes from being at 7 of the last 8 Final Fours as a player and Coach. Treanor believes that her experience, while short, has been incredibly meaningful.

Treanor says that Syracuse is “all about the family.” She credits the support she’s gotten from Cuse has been astounding, whether that’s come from coaching for BC or the announcement today. She adds that this feels like a homecoming and she’s excited to come back.

Treanor says that she has a unique advantage as a coach in recruiting in that she’s still playing.

Treanor says that one of her philosophies as a coach is “discipline wins” and that’s something ‘Cuse needs.

Treanor says that Coach Gait and her have a “unique” bond. She adds that when he believes in you, there’s no limits to what you can accomplish. She’s excited to work with him again and return to the Syracuse family.

Treanor says that Syracuse reached out to her soon after Gait took the Men’s job, and things moved quickly.

Treanor is finished, now Wildhack is back taking questions. Wildhack adds that Pat Summitt was 23 when she started coaching at Tennessee. He named Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim as younger coaches to take over a team. SU is not concerned about her being young.

Wildhack cites Treanor’s passion for lacrosse and her unique experience as major factors in her being hired.

Last edited:
Class act all around!!! He's part of the family too regardless of the outcome; at least in my mind lol.
tangerine.png
Even if he's coaching against us once in awhile. Hopefully the 'Cuse x Stony Brook series can continue. They sure do always bring their best and make for a great game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom