Keep re-playing that game in my head | Syracusefan.com

Keep re-playing that game in my head

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
And it's driving me nuts. Not sure why I'm taking a sports game so hard, especially since I've been prepared for this for the last month plus.

The combination of our start to the year, other teams' ability to score (seriously, I watched some incredible offensive games yesterday), the way we went out, and seeing Kansas lose, just bugs the hell out of me and I can't seem to shake it, even though I could see it coming weeks ago.

This loss bugs me much more than the previous tournament losses. I can handle losing a game 85-80 if the other team just had more talent and out-played us, but to lose the game because you just cannot put the ball in the hoop, the entire purpose of the sport, drives me crazy.

You can talk about our flawed team over-achieving, etc, etc, but this was an epic collapse.

It's kinda weird, but the thing that bothered me the most was there were no timeouts left to call when Cuse got the ball with 14 seconds left and down 1 . Not sure how or why that last timeout got called, but it really hurt not having it right there to draw up a game winning play. Of course the players would then have to execute, which was not part of their vocab on Saturday.

Not sure how or why that last timeout got called

I was so ticked about the game I forgot about this. Has this been discussed anywhere?

I recall the announcers expressing similar concern - as if it appeared to them that Boeheim did ask for a timeout but it was called anyway.

How many blocks did we have that were recovered by Dayton eventually leading to a bucket? The entire game was like a bad dream, and we all knew that's how we were going to go out.

Marsh01 said:
I havent slept since we lost.
The bricked in three was the worst. Seems like it followed or was followed closely thereby a wide open rim out from G. Still not sure how we let a three point lead slip away...the bad Ennis shot...ugh

I have to say, I know we are all different, but this one was one I got over really quickly.

And it's weird, cause this was very similar to the 2011 loss to Marquette; same round, same seed, and that one was a real killer.

CF 4/14, Ennis 7/21, the shoe, Shakey 1/6, Grant with 4 pts, the shoe again, 0/10 on 3pts, the uncalled traveling at the end, and we lost by 2 pts, sigh.

And it's driving me nuts. Not sure why I'm taking a sports game so hard, especially since I've been prepared for this for the last month plus.

The combination of our start to the year, other teams' ability to score (seriously, I watched some incredible offensive games yesterday), the way we went out, and seeing Kansas lose, just bugs the hell out of me and I can't seem to shake it, even though I could see it coming weeks ago.

This loss bugs me much more than the previous tournament losses. I can handle losing a game 85-80 if the other team just had more talent and out-played us, but to lose the game because you just cannot put the ball in the hoop, the entire purpose of the sport, drives me crazy.

You can talk about our flawed team over-achieving, etc, etc, but this was an epic collapse.

Me neither. Just too much on my mind.

I got home from Buffalo about 3AM and didnt fall asleep until about 4:15. I slept until 10 and then spent the rest of the day in a post lost haze and never even took a shower.

I got home from Buffalo about 3AM and didnt fall asleep until about 4:15. I slept until 10 and then spent the rest of the day in a post lost haze and never even took a shower.

I was in Buffalo, stayed at a friend's place. Intention was to go out after the game but wasn't in mood. Slept on the floor both Friday and Saturday night, got home yesterday mid-day, and somehow still couldn't sleep after getting less than 10 combined hours of sleep all weekend, that sleep being on a floor.

This game bothers me because it just doesn't make any sense.

CF 4/14, Ennis 7/21, the shoe, Shakey 1/6, Grant with 4 pts, the shoe again, 0/10 on 3pts, the uncalled traveling at the end, and we lost by 2 pts, sigh.

You should add the Dayton Dry-hump that resulted in a Cooney flagrant 1. Honestly, if I were a coach, I'd be tempted to start teaching that defensive trick to my players. Jump on the player, get your genitals all over them, then the offensive player has no room to move, get your head in front of their moving arm. Stretch if you have to make certain the offensive player's arm/elbow at least grazes your head somewhere, then by the rules, it's a flagrant 1. Well done, two shots and the ball.

I am empty inside. I can hardly put a smile on my face today.

I have a tennessee friend who told me on sat morning "ive been trying to hide how good i thought we (tenn) were all season. I told you at beginning of season top 25... but i thought in my head really top 10. I think we could play with you guys (cuse)"

I have a ga tech neighbor who said, "i dont think you guys can win many, if any in the tourney b/c of your shooting"

I cant shake those comment. especially now that we lost the predictable way that we lost and how tenn killed the 1st 2 teams after the iowa game.

i am down in the dumps right now.

You should add the Dayton Dry-hump that resulted in a Cooney flagrant 1. Honestly, if I were a coach, I'd be tempted to start teaching that defensive trick to my players. Jump on the player, get your genitals all over them, then the offensive player has no room to move, get your head in front of their moving arm. Stretch if you have to make certain the offensive player's arm/elbow at least grazes your head somewhere, then by the rules, it's a flagrant 1. Well done, two shots and the ball.

The wichita state coach quite obviously taught the PG. and it was just as 'flagrant' as the cooney elbow.

i still don't think the elbow even touched him

that travel at the end was pretty bad too....the kid pogo sticked on one leg right out of bounds and then is granted a timeout???!?!?!?!

I am empty inside. I can hardly put a smile on my face today.

I have a tennessee friend who told me on sat morning "ive been trying to hide how good i thought we (tenn) were all season. I told you at beginning of season top 25... but i thought in my head really top 10. I think we could play with you guys (cuse)"

I have a ga tech neighbor who said, "i dont think you guys can win many, if any in the tourney b/c of your shooting"

I cant shake those comment. especially now that we lost the predictable way that we lost and how tenn killed the 1st 2 teams after the iowa game.

i am down in the dumps right now.

Sucks. I'm still pissed too. Just hearing all the Tennessee hype on the way to work really brought me back to Saturday. Also we now get to hear that the SEC is better than the ACC in basketball too.. Who would've thought that they'd get 3 teams in the Sweet 16?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom