Keeping Shafer past this year... | Syracusefan.com

Keeping Shafer past this year...

supp

Hall of Fame
If I'm Gross and I plan to keep Shafer past this year, then it's time to double down rather than stand pat and wait for him to fail some more. You make an ultimatum that changes have to be made in the coaching staff and you put your money where your mouth is. You force him to bring on a known commodity (like Fridge) to coordinate the offense and you put up the money and the multi-year contract to do it. The hire will reenergize those fans who are seriously thinking about giving up their tix for next. It's not going to get more people in the stands but it will help stop the bleeding. It's money well spent in my mind. And then, we'll just see what happens. Either things improve or you get to cut bait at the end of next season. And if Shafer refuses to shake up his staff and resigns, you wind up on top there too.

If I'm Gross and I plan to keep Shafer past this year, then it's time to double down rather than stand pat and wait for him to fail some more. You make an ultimatum that changes have to be made in the coaching staff and you put your money where your mouth is. You force him to bring on a known commodity (like Fridge) to coordinate the offense and you put up the money and the multi-year contract to do it. The hire will reenergize those fans who are seriously thinking about giving up their tix for next. It's not going to get more people in the stands but it will help stop the bleeding. It's money well spent in my mind. And then, we'll just see what happens. Either things improve or you get to cut bait at the end of next season. And if Shafer refuses to shake up his staff and resigns, you wind up on top there too.
Exactly

Gross doesn't care because Gross will be gone after this year more than likely

if McDonald is leaving then there is good amount of cash you can pay someone to help Lester work on the offense if Shafer insists on giving Lester the OC job , hire a 2nd OCordinator

Except that Shafer does not have to resign. I would guess that his contract allows him to hire and fire coaches within his budget and, if so, then he can't be fired for subordination for refusing to make changes. Still, if I ere Gross I would demand changes and would pressure Shafer to get them done.

mcd is gone- and hcss will cull the ranks of the unemployed for a assistant with zero experience at the job he wants him for -the oline hire last year was mind boggling and has proven to be a major dud even before the injuries-

i say he finds a guy with 20 years experience as db coach and has him take over as qb coach because db's are taught to look at the qb so it makes perfect sense

mcd is gone- and hcss will cull the ranks of the unemployed for a assistant with zero experience at the job he wants him for -the oline hire last year was mind boggling and has proven to be a major dud even before the injuries-

i say he finds a guy with 20 years experience as db coach and has him take over as qb coach because db's are taught to look at the qb so it makes perfect sense
Except in man coverage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom