Keita fouls out in 12 mins last night!? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Keita fouls out in 12 mins last night!?

St Francis was committed to taking it inside and Coleman and Christmas were not asserting themselves on defense. I have no doubt he was told to do just that by JB. Often his hustle and aggressiveness provides a spark for the team. And as others have pointed out, 1 or 2 of the calls looked borderline to me - it wasn't like he was playing completely out of control.

Jack, I actually look forward to the time when JB trusts DC2 and puts him in late. If DC2 continues with this kind of play I think that time may occur ahead of schedule, like this year. I also hope JB is now considering the offense/defense option with DC2. It is becoming clearer and clearer that DC2 can help out this offense more than either of the other 2.

I would also like to see SU make a concerted effort to get him involved on offense early. Force the feeding of the post. DC2 played well yesterday but he was getting most of it through mop up. I think it would help the team if they tried to work it in to him early in the game.
I agree

Dudes a UConn fan... I can smell it.

People who bash Baye are :
1. UConn fans
2. Communists
3. Emo kids

Any way you slice it I want to punch these types of people in their manparts.
Or people with eyes.

Baye looked like an oversized Junior Varsity player on defense last night

Jack, I actually look forward to the time when JB trusts DC2 and puts him in late. If DC2 continues with this kind of play I think that time may occur ahead of schedule, like this year. I also hope JB is now considering the offense/defense option with DC2. It is becoming clearer and clearer that DC2 can help out this offense more than either of the other 2.

I would also like to see SU make a concerted effort to get him involved on offense early. Force the feeding of the post. DC2 played well yesterday but he was getting most of it through mop up. I think it would help the team if they tried to work it in to him early in the game.
And I hear you on mop up. But I don't care if it's mop up. Would it be great to run low post for dajuan? Sure! But last night he was leading scorer without us running plays for him. He used his size strength width to seal guys and get easy put backs and bunnies. I'll take em any way I can get em right now!

BMK is the best defensive center. But there is a reason he is 3rd on the team in minutes among the 3 centers. My only issue is that last night defense was not the problem, scoring was. BMK deserves 15 or so minutes per game. He'd have gotten more than 12 last night if he hadn't fouled out. I had to laugh last night when he picked up his 4th and the announcer said "they're going to have to take Keita out of the game he just picked up his 4th foul." There were 4+ minutes left! Keita is not a player you take out because of foul trouble with 4 minutes to play. He gets 5 fouls so he stays in until he picks up #5. I do look forward to the time DC2 gets 25+ minutes. I think we're going to need his offense even if its just garbage points.

He was a second late trying to draw charges every time. Feet weren't set either. Obvious, imo.

Agreed. None of the centers were good and Boeheim said so in the presser. 29 freaking points in the paint.

mooseman is the guy JB trusts come money time. perhaps overlooked and undiscussed is the fact that st. francis managed to foul out one of our bigs. we have 15 fouls in the post. superior talent. nobody on st franks was disqualified. hmmmmm.

JB also said 6'6" guys are harder to guard underneath. probably why so many of the top programs recruit dwarf centers.

JB also said 6'6" guys are harder to guard underneath. probably why so many of the top programs recruit dwarf centers.

This is pretty well known. Look at what the guy on Cleveland state did to us a few years ago. They are much quicker.

This is pretty well known. Look at what the guy on Cleveland state did to us a few years ago. They are much quicker.

yes they are quicker. and we should also dunk on them EVERY trip down the floor. six-six should've foul out.

Last edited:
Jack, who are you? And where have you come from? Welcome!
"I am Jack's medulla oblongata, without me Jack could not regulate his heart rate, blood pressure or breathing"
BradPittFace10.JPG

"I am Jack's medulla oblongata, without me Jack could not regulate his heart rate, blood pressure or breathing"
BradPittFace10.JPG

Tee, that's disgusting! You go too far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom