Keita... | Syracusefan.com

Keita...

bpo57

Living Legend
averaging one personal foul for every six minutes of time on the court. Yikes.

Keita plays good d but other then that I dont understand the long least from JB, hes an absolute blackhole on offense and is horrendous rebounding the ball. We really need him to step up if James is out for several more games or even the season. His inability to rebound even off of FT's is a huge liability.

I've never seen a player called for so many blocking fouls. He averages more blocking fouls than points lately.

Yeah, still taken aback at how fast JB goes to Baye when Rak makes a mistake. Nova hadn't scored in 5-10 minutes with Baye on the bench, Rak plays the high side in the post and gets beat and JB jumps up to Baye back in (he sat him back down because Baye had 3 fouls).

I guess JB gives Baye the leash because he hustles, but he hasn't rebounded much lately - just lots of tipping the ball around. Gotta get Rak motivated, so maybe we should run some plays for him early (i don't know) - it's not like we're scoring anyway might as well try it on some early possessions. And no need to pull after EVERY mistake, he doesn't do that with Baye.

Yeah, still taken aback at how fast JB goes to Baye when Rak makes a mistake. Nova hadn't scored in 5-10 minutes with Baye on the bench, Rak plays the high side in the post and gets beat and JB jumps up to Baye back in (he sat him back down because Baye had 3 fouls).

I guess JB gives Baye the leash because he hustles, but he hasn't rebounded much lately - just lots of tipping the ball around. Gotta get Rak motivated, so maybe we should run some plays for him early (i don't know) - it's not like we're scoring anyway might as well try it on some early possessions. And no need to pull after EVERY mistake, he doesn't do that with Baye.

Yeah, Baye's going through a rough stretch right now. He's a complete non-entity on offense (which is a problem on a team that's already so limited offensively) and he's having difficulty securing rebounds.

I would like to see Rock with the same leash that MCW has. Both need it being young guys with little to no experience. Granted MCW has to play because of numbers but how is Rock going to get better when he gets yanked for doing the same things Keita (a year older with much less upside) does?

You're kidding, right? That stat is horrible. Averaging 5 fouls for 30 minutes is horrible. I like Keita as a back-up center as he can contribute in certain limited but important ways but to say 5 fouls in 30 minutes is acceptable is just crazy. When he commits those fouls he helps the other team get in the bonus faster plus he then has to be more passive as he gets in deeper foul trouble.

You're kidding, right? That stat is horrible. Averaging 5 fouls for 30 minutes is horrible. I like Keita as a back-up center as he can contribute in certain limited but important ways but to say 5 fouls in 30 minutes is acceptable is just crazy. When he commits those fouls he helps the other team get in the bonus faster plus he then has to be more passive as he gets in deeper foul trouble.

You just blew my mind.

Talking to yourself? Gollum is that you?

You just blew my mind.

Talking to yourself? Gollum is that you?
What's wrong with that. I talk to myself all the time.

Sorry to confuse ya, pal. I think if you read this short thread it's pretty easy to surmise who I was responding to.

And now triple quotes :eek:

I called BMK a hot mess after the last game and was told I was being too harsh. I stand by that assessment. He's out of position too often, when he collapses on someone he keeps his arms down so he's extremely easy to pass over (resulting in at least one easy layin for Yarou yesterday), and he has no ability to get into position to take a charge, but keeps on trying.

Still gives us more than dc does. Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the only choice, I'd agree, but JB is pulling Rak very quickly and going to Baye. I think you need to keep Rak out there and let him play through one or two mistakes.

They just need to play better. Im tired of watching rak and dc make the same mistakes every game

They just need to play better. Im tired of watching rak and dc make the same mistakes every game

Agreed. I'd like to see all of them go and actually secure a rebound with both hands. DC looks like he still can't extend his arms completely above his head. Baye had good hands early in the year and seems to be losing those. And Rak brings the ball down to his hip with his right hand nearly every time. Some annoying little guard is going to figure that out and pick his pocket for an easy layup at some point.

Keita fit better on last year's team because it had a lot of effective scorers on offense so it didn't matter that he doesn't score. This year the team is shall we say offensively challenged and it really hurts to have to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end. I like his energy in short bursts but he is fouling at a ridiculous rate. The most effective lineup is when Rak plays center with Grant (or JS) at forward.

Rak fronted the post man! You can't front the post man in the 2-3 zone, its a dunk every time there is not weak side help. We never front the post for that reason. Rak needed to take a seat. Baye fouled out in 9 mins and Rak played 40mins so I understand this comment at all.

Rak fronted the post man! You can't front the post man in the 2-3 zone, its a dunk every time there is not weak side help. We never front the post for that reason. Rak needed to take a seat. Baye fouled out in 9 mins and Rak played 40mins so I understand this comment at all.

It was the first half, Rak hadn't played 40 minutes yet.

My point is, Rak gets a hook almost immediately after a mistake. Rak fronts the post after playing well for a long stretch, Nova hadn't scored in forever, and JB immediately gets Keita up to get him out (except Keita had 3 fouls so he sat him down). The game before, another close one, Keita failed to box out a player on free throws twice allowing them to regain possession and he's not pulled. Keita gets a MUCH longer leash than Rak - and would have had more than 9 minutes if he didn't foul out so I mean the minute situation is kind of irrelevant last game.

I have no issue with Keita playing, just at how JB tends to yo-yo Rak in and out a lot, and doesn't really do the same to Keita for the same type of mistakes.

It was the first half, Rak hadn't played 40 minutes yet.

My point is, Rak gets a hook almost immediately after a mistake. Rak fronts the post after playing well for a long stretch, Nova hadn't scored in forever, and JB immediately gets Keita up to get him out (except Keita had 3 fouls so he sat him down). The game before, another close one, Keita failed to box out a player on free throws twice allowing them to regain possession and he's not pulled. Keita gets a MUCH longer leash than Rak - and would have had more than 9 minutes if he didn't foul out so I mean the minute situation is kind of irrelevant last game.

I have no issue with Keita playing, just at how JB tends to yo-yo Rak in and out a lot, and doesn't really do the same to Keita for the same type of mistakes.

Ok but fronting post is more than just a mistake. Its deciding to freelance and go against the game plan. It's not comparable to missing a block out. The defense doesn't work if you front the post it can EVER happen. Baye is never out of position he gets beat or out muscled for rebounds because he is not strong enough but he covers a lot of area in the zone. Rak's issues are effort and focus those things will always get you on the bench and they should, that has the be the consequence or you will never get the effort or focus needed from the player.

Still gives us more than dc does. Not even close

And that would be what exactly? He cant score and has like 2 rebounds in 3 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom