Kelly C Seubert players lounge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kelly C Seubert players lounge

This was a gift of pure love. Kelly was one of the most special people I have ever known. When she passed away, I told Jim and Juli that I wanted to do something tangible in her memory. Jim immediately said our players lounge was seriously lacking when compared to lounges at the schools we compete against and recruit against. And he asked whether I would be willing to fund an upgrade/rennovaton of it. Since Kelly so loved the players ... and the players so loved Kelly ... this seemed very appropriate, and I immediately said yes.
A dedication was supposed to take place on the day before the Duke game (when I was going to be on campus), but understandably it got canceled after the horrible automobile accident earlier that week.

Amazing! Drew B just sent this to me this AM.

This was a gift of pure love. Kelly was one of the most special people I have ever known. When she passed away, I told Jim and Juli that I wanted to do something tangible in her memory. Jim immediately said our players lounge was seriously lacking when compared to lounges at the schools we compete against and recruit against. And he asked whether I would be willing to fund an upgrade/rennovaton of it. Since Kelly so loved the players ... and the players so loved Kelly ... this seemed very appropriate, and I immediately said yes.
A dedication was supposed to take place on the day before the Duke game (when I was going to be on campus), but understandably it got canceled after the horrible automobile accident earlier that week.
Not adding anything that hasn't already been said, but a beautiful space honoring a special woman donated by an amazing woman.

Thank you sister!

Fresh style, with a bridge to the past (photo of Melo and list of past BB captains). Well done, Joyce.

With you opening by reflecting on Kelly being one of the most special people you've ever known, I'm compelled to come out of the lurker shadows and offer my thoughts for just a minute. I never had the good fortune of meeting Kelly, but I have met you, and you're my point of focus here.

This is the first I'm finding out about this project, and your involvement in it. It's just spectacular, Joyce. Thank you. The epic generosity that you've shown at so many levels--and my family and I have felt it directly more than once--is one of the great marvels of my life. Life's got so many challenges, and it's tough to stay positive sometimes (especially in today's sometimes-toxic environment). But you consistently make the world a better place, while never seeking credit for all the good that you do. My hat's off to you. Thank you again for everything.

Last edited:
Classy move to honor Kelly and all she was to the Syracuse Basketball Program. I can not add to all the wonderful deserving comments made above. Just thank you for your generosity.

With you opening by reflecting on Kelly being one of the most special people you've ever known, I'm compelled to come out of the lurker shadows and offer my thoughts for just a minute. I never had the good fortune of meeting Kelly, but I have met you, and you're my point of focus here.

This is the first I'm finding out about this project, and your involvement in it. It's just spectacular, Joyce. Thank you. The epic generosity that you've shown at so many levels--and my family and I have felt it directly more than once--is one of the great marvels of my life. Life's got so many challenges, and it's tough to stay positive sometimes (especially in today's sometimes-toxic environment). But you consistently make the world a better place, while never seeking credit for all the good that you do. My hat's off to you. Thank you again for everything.
Couldn’t say it any better!

Thanks Joyce ,for all of the good you do. The world is a better place because of your kind heart and generosity.

This is awesome on many levels and seems like a perfect tribute to someone who meant so much to the program.

Very nice

...wish we had had that!

lossy-page1-239px-1917-18_Syracuse_Orangemen_basketball_team.tif.jpg

Last edited:

Typical CTO...

She doesn't post much anymore but, for those of you who don't know her, she IS the glue which holds this board together.

Back when this board was still in its relative infancy, she hosted numerous gatherings to help members of the board get to know each other. Pre-game gatherings (Luka's in Ridgefield Park for dinner!!!!), athletic dinners in the city, pre- and post-games at the Sheraton, she was the driving force behind the cohesion of this board.

Her efforts have now morphed into board-wide gatherings such as the Fine Mess tailgate and TexanMark away games but, make no mistake about it, CTO was the root cause of all that our board does together. Without her, this place is just Syracuse.com with better graphics.

Her generosity is unbounded, as is her love for our alma mater. In addition to this lounge, she has an auditorium named after her in Newhouse - because she funded it. And I am sure that there are countless other projects around the university where she is the driving force that I don't even know about.

And she has passed along her generosity. I never really thought about donating to my alma mater until speaking with CTO about all that she was doing for the university. She spurred me to want to become a donor.

So, a heartfelt thank you to you, CTO, for all that you have done, and continue to do, for both this board and for our university...

Now I know exactly how I'd like to decorate my basement. If only I get convince my wife to go along with the orange color scheme...

Looks amazing!

Thank you for everything you do for the program and around here.

So to my earlier question -- recruiting cache aside, do the players actually hang out in these lounges? Somehow I have visions of them holed up in their dorms/off-campus houses playing fortnite over a six-pack of cheap beer... you know, like practically every other student. They don't have that privacy in the lounge.

But if this helps get Gerry finally catch Moby Dick, that's all that matters.

So to my earlier question -- recruiting cache aside, do the players actually hang out in these lounges? Somehow I have visions of them holed up in their dorms/off-campus houses playing fortnite over a six-pack of cheap beer... you know, like practically every other student. They don't have that privacy in the lounge.

Have you ever said anything positive about anything or anyone? Have you ever been in the Melo Center? Have you ever seen the way players hang out there? Do you think Jim Boeheim, given his unlimited choices of how to honor Kelly Seubert, would choose something that isn't important? Do you think I would give the university a useless gift? Most importantly, did you ever meet Kelly Seubert and marvel at the wonderful, loving bond between her and the players?

I suspect your answer to all these questions is "no."

Last edited:
Have you ever said anything positive about anything or anyone? Have you ever been in the Melo Center? Have you ever seen the way players hang out there? Do you think Jim Boeheim, given his choice of how to honor Kelly Seubert, would choose something that isn't important? Do you think I would give the university a useless gift? Most importantly, did you ever meet Kelly Seubert and marvel at the wonderful, loving bond between her and the players?

Down goes Franco!!! Down goes Franco!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

If you've read anything about athletic facility renovations across the country, it's obvious that donations play a huge part in financing those and it's not just "ACC money." For someone who has been as vocal about the Dome renovations as you have been before anything has even been done, one would think you would be appreciative of a donor who is able and willing to donate to upgrade our facilities.

However you chose to continue your streak of never having anything positive to say about anything. Congrats sir, you have now become the 2nd person I have put on ignore, something I very rarely do because it makes threads hard to follow. While I appreciate different viewpoints, life is too short to continue to read someone who never has anything positive to say about anything.

But I digress and back to the point of the thread, thank you cto for your generosity in supporting our program and the gesture of remembering Kelly in this way. While I never met her, it's very obvious from those who did what a great person she was and the impact she had on the program and those who knew her.

Have you ever said anything positive about anything or anyone? Have you ever been in the Melo Center? Have you ever seen the way players hang out there? Do you think Jim Boeheim, given his unlimited choices of how to honor Kelly Seubert, would choose something that isn't important? Do you think I would give the university a useless gift? Most importantly, did you ever meet Kelly Seubert and marvel at the wonderful, loving bond between her and the players?

CTO -- channeling her inner Stephon Marbury.

Not sure if you skipped over my initial response in this thread where I applauded the investment. There was no “but” - and I’m not sure why my question was twisted into a criticism other than people are looking at the name of the poster and seeing what they want to see.

We desperately need more people like cto to stay competitive in the arms race. I was just asking how often the players would use the lounge when they already spend hundreds of hours a week practicing in the Melo center. It’s not a knock on the investment at all. It was a simple question that I figured someone with access would be able to answer.

Quite simply cto , the world is a better place with people like you in it.

Love for SU Basketball aside, this was just a tremendously thoughtful gesture.

Thank you, personally, for making me feel better about this big rock today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom