Kelvin Sampson on Families at the Tournament | Syracusefan.com

Kelvin Sampson on Families at the Tournament

Well, it is televised. But I’m ok with this as long as they help with fans travel to the tournament also.

I think they can pay for families to go to the Final Four, for those teams. Not sure if it is full travel, an allowance, but I think they did something for that a couple of years ago.

I think they can pay for families to go to the Final Four, for those teams. Not sure if it is full travel, an allowance, but I think they did something for that a couple of years ago.
NCAA to pay for family travel under pilot program | NCAA.com

The NCAA will pay up to $3,000 total in travel, hotel and meal expenses for family members of each student-athlete who competes in the Final Four semifinal games but don’t advance to the championships. The NCAA will pay up to $4,000 in expenses for each of the student-athletes who compete in the men’s and women’s basketball championship games. The College Football Playoff may provide up to $3,000 in travel expenses for families of each competing student-athlete.

OK so they pay for semi final and finals.

Why can't the schools pay for parents of players or does the NCAA consider that to be an illegal benefit?

Won't write anymore because I get too upset at the hypocrisy and self indulgence of that two bit outfit.

I agree with Kelvin but he better be careful re the NCAA or he may be playing 5 on 8 against UK.
Too late. Also Kelvin bitching about the NCAA... something something glass houses

NCAA to pay for family travel under pilot program | NCAA.com

The NCAA will pay up to $3,000 total in travel, hotel and meal expenses for family members of each student-athlete who competes in the Final Four semifinal games but don’t advance to the championships. The NCAA will pay up to $4,000 in expenses for each of the student-athletes who compete in the men’s and women’s basketball championship games. The College Football Playoff may provide up to $3,000 in travel expenses for families of each competing student-athlete.
This is pathetic. It should be for every game! It doesn’t matter how much it costs them. There are too many high paid executives and administrators in the NCAA anyways.

What about parents to football bowl games? What about parents to other D1 championships? What about D2 and D3?

Well, it is televised. But I’m ok with this as long as they help with fans travel to the tournament also.
Really? You think fans should get the same help as player's families? With regards to it being televised, the people that can't afford travel are also less likely to have cable packages that have the non cbs channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom