Kenny and Barkley: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kenny and Barkley:

The fact that Kenny and Chuck view anything other than straight man to man as BS reminds me of an old guy going on and on about how no music will ever sound as good as it does on vinyl.

and dare I say Barkley's 76ers/Suns teams would've loved to have thrown one at Jordan back in the day. .

I don't agree with that Jordan and Pippen would have ate the zone alive. Jordan was MONEY with that mid range fadeaway jumper.

I don't agree with that Jordan and Pippen would have ate the zone alive. Jordan was MONEY with that mid range fadeaway jumper.
He couldn't shoot over Rak Christmas though.

You're going out on quite the limb, saying Michael Jordan would have done well against our zone.

I'm not saying they wouldn't, but I'm sure some coaches would've liked to give it a try. I'm not necessarily thinking about a pure 2-3. Maybe you play everyone man-2-man except the center so he can roam the paint for when they go to the basket. Maybe you double team off the ball sometimes. Remember too that Pippen wasn't the Pippen that everyone remembers until their first run in '90-'91. Prior to that if you handled Jordan you won, hence the "Jordan rules" defense that the Pistons developed. I'm just saying that in the NBA you can run iso stuff that you can't run in college because of the defensive restrictions. In college you have more freedom to switch defensive styles based on opponent or effectiveness within a game. Jordan was my favorite player and I don't think anyone could defend him, but it would've been interesting to see the chess match with less regulation.

So the consensus is that the zone is absolutely the hardest defense to play against?

A well played zone with long athletic guys can work very well against college competition. Most college players don't have enough skills to really hurt kill the zone and most teams don't have enough guys equiped to do it together. Plus they don't see it regularly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom