Kenny Anderson: "I wanted to go to Syracuse." | Syracusefan.com

Kenny Anderson: "I wanted to go to Syracuse."

All these years this one still hurts the most.

Agreed. I'll never be able to "forgive" Kenny Anderson for this. What might have been.

What an uncomfortable paragraph this is...

"His home life was difficult when he was a child. He was raised in a single-parent home by his mother and was once sexually abused by an older man in the neighborhood. And even though he was a star basketball player at a young age, he would spend as much time as he could at the gym and library so he could be in his bedroom as little as possible. That’s because he shared it with his mother and her boyfriend."

I'm obviously bummed he didn't play for us, but it sounds like he had way bigger issues to deal with.

He used to have a "handler" (now I really worry more about who that dude was) at all his Archbishop Molloy games. He's stand alone and wear various Starter jackets of teams recruiting Kenny...so all the buzz would be about where he's going because of the signs given off by the Starter jacket.

1989-90

Anderson
Thompson
Coleman
Owens
Ellis

1990 NC

3 lottery picks, another first rounder and a darn good college player in Thompson in one lineup. That talent would have been unreal.

“I wanted to go to Syracuse University, but my mother went to visit Georgia Tech with me, and on the way home she said: You’re going to Georgia Tech. Coach Cremins will take care of you,” he says in the film.

Kenny Anderson’s relationship with his mother (and his money) profiled in new film ‘Mr. Chibbs’

In one of the big profiles of Boeheim during the 1996 Final Four run, Anderson's mom was quoted as saying of JB and Syracuse: "It's cold there, and that man is too."

There should be an organization called masb, mothers against syracuse basketball, they hate us.

In one of the big profiles of Boeheim during the 1996 Final Four run, Anderson's mom was quoted as saying of JB and Syracuse: "It's cold there, and that man is too."

I remember reading that in a newspaper article, at the time when Anderson committed to GT.

Anderson led a much less talented GT team to the final four. I can't even imagine what he'd have done on our squad, substituted for Michael Edwards. What a missed opportunity that was.

Can you imagine Kenny throwing all the ooops to ALL of those guys?
Plus Dave Johnson & Richie Manning.
He probably would have averaged a double/double for the entire season.
Sigh.

55669773.jpg