Kenny Anderson: "I wanted to go to Syracuse." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kenny Anderson: "I wanted to go to Syracuse."

Can you imagine Kenny throwing all the ooops to ALL of those guys?
Plus Dave Johnson & Richie Manning.
He probably would have averaged a double/double for the entire season.
Sigh.

Wonder if he ever thinks about it

3 lottery picks, another first rounder and a darn good college player in Thompson in one lineup. That talent would have been unreal.

Yeah, and not only 3 lottery picks but 3 top 3 picks!

Plus Dave Johnson off the bench. Loaded.

In one of the big profiles of Boeheim during the 1996 Final Four run, Anderson's mom was quoted as saying of JB and Syracuse: "It's cold there, and that man is too."

ugh. I have so many things to say about this. But I am going to refrain from saying anything negative about a single mom.

ugh. I have so many things to say about this. But I am going to refrain from saying anything negative about a single mom.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, and not only 3 lottery picks but 3 top 3 picks!

Plus Dave Johnson off the bench. Loaded.

UK kind of had 3 top 3 picks over 2 years... but 1 never suited up. and the 3 didnt play on the same team as 1990 would have.

and 1990 was back in the days that college wasnt a 1 and done stepping stone.

No doubt we would have faced off with UNLV in the finals. That 90 team bowed out to the Gophers in the 90 sweet 16.

I remember Kenny Anderson as a junior saying "Billy Owens and I will be rocking the Carrier Dome"

It was set for Kenny to take over for Sherman.

I still feel the 89 team was the best team we ever had.

Cut the check.

I hope some of you in the recruiting threads understand that it isn't these kids making the decisions in some of these cases. Even if he wanted to go to SU and committed, his mother could have stopped it from happening by not signing the NLI.

Cut the check.

I hope some of you in the recruiting threads understand that it isn't these kids making the decisions in some of these cases. Even if he wanted to go to SU and committed, his mother could have stopped it from happening by not signing the NLI.

On the other hand, I hope some of you in the recruiting threads understand that sometimes it IS these kids making the decisions. See: Thompson, Taurean -- who wanted to attend SU all along, but had to fight an uphill battle with his mother who wanted him to go anywhere but Syracuse.

There's no hard and fast rule. There are examples of kids making the decisions by themselves, families being influential, handlers from outside the family being influential, and every point in between on the continuum.

Cut the check.

At the end of the day its the kids decision, remember when Landon Collins picked Bama, and his mom wanted him to go to Lsu badly, and disagreed on national tv.

If anyone is in the Nyc are, Kenny Anderson is going to be on Daily news live on sny in a bit.