Kent Syverud letter to Miner | Syracusefan.com

Kent Syverud letter to Miner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseOnly

All American
I wasn't sure if anyone had posted about this yet.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....ium_task_force.html#incart_hbx#incart_best-of

Declined to appoint someone to Miner's task force to look at feasibility and impact of a new stadium in side the city. This is fantastic!

Pretty much says to me anyway that Miner stubbed her toe with this opportunity.

If this has already been posted, please delete but I hadn't seen it until this morning.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....ium_task_force.html#incart_hbx#incart_best-of

Declined to appoint someone to Miner's task force to look at feasibility and impact of a new stadium in side the city. This is fantastic!

If this has already been posted, please delete but I hadn't seen it until this morning.

Kent doesn't play small ball. I like this guy - he's smarter than anyone else he's dealing with and he's going to get exactly what he wants even if it takes a few years.

i don't blame miner for putting on the brakes - it's not her fault the whole project came out at the eleventh hour

but i also don't blame syverud for not wanting to waste anytime listening to the dopes on her task force.

I am starting to really like this guy. He gets it. He's dealing with a Mayor owned by local unions and he is not going to play her 24 member study group save face game.

Now the Mayor has a commission to study nothing. What a screw up.

I am starting to really like this guy. He gets it. He's dealing with a Mayor owned by local unions and he is not going to play her 24 member study group save face game.

She claims to know nothing about the project and I guess that is why she is qualified to lead the task force. The entity that wanted the stadium is not a part of it. Should make for some lively meetings!

Shades of this memorable moment:
Animal-House2.jpg

FWIW, I live in St. Louis and graduated from Washington U School of Law and know the school and its administration well. Kent is a very smart person and administrator and believe he will do a fantastic job at SU.
I am a big fan of no nonsense people. The comment about the mayor having a taskforce to study nothing is hysterical just like our mayor.

Translation: Thanks, but we will wait for the next Mayor.

BTW, 24 people is not a "Task Force." What a joke.

Last edited:
This whole thing is just turning into a public spectacle.

Minor is a clown

At least in this case, Syverud apparently sent a letter (or more likely email) directly. Yeah, a source always gives those up, but people can get access to almost anything these days. I just think it's worse when people play out their arguments with open letters in the editorial section.

Would be better if he just scheduled a meeting and told her what he thought, but no one does that anymore.

It almost appears as though this was penned with the public in mind as if it was purposely leaked. Anyone else think so?
No, but I'm sure he expected that it would be leaked and wrote it accordingly.

At least in this case, Syverud apparently sent a letter (or more likely email) directly. Yeah, a source always gives those up, but people can get access to almost anything these days. I just think it's worse when people play out their arguments with open letters in the editorial section.

Would be better if he just scheduled a meeting and told her what he thought, but no one does that anymore.
She was probably to busy to take a meeting.

I am not in favor of this stadium proposal as I have seen it, so for me her putting in a monkey wrench was a good thing.

Yep. He has to think that way these days.

Even if he went to her office (because I doubt she was coming to him), and had a closed door meeting, if it were me, I'd be speaking as if the whole thing was recorded. Sign of the times.

Joanie also sent a letter to the mayor stating that she was not designating a county rep. Said that if the task force wanted to enlighten her about anything they could set up an appointment with her.

Just wanted to chime in...She is not owned by local Unions...it's real easy to put stuff out there, just make sure it's fact!!! How do I know...because I work for one(Local Union)...smdh!!!

That is how she made her living and what she will go back to when she is done. If you can't see that you are not looking.

Joanie also sent a letter to the mayor stating that she was not designating a county rep. Said that if the task force wanted to enlighten her about anything they could set up an appointment with her.

Where did you see that, I would love to read it. Do you have a link?

Just wanted to chime in...She is not owned by local Unions...it's real easy to put stuff out there, just make sure it's fact!!! How do I know...because I work for one(Local Union)...smdh!!!
Let's see , your posting on a Syracuse fan site and you are a local union member and you don't want a new stadium? Isn't there going to be like a 100 million in labor payed out , much to union works ? Seems odd , unless you work for the mayor.

Let's see , your posting on a Syracuse fan site and you are a local union member and you don't want a new stadium? Isn't there going to be like a 100 million in labor payed out , much to union works ? Seems odd , unless you work for the mayor.
I don't work for the Mayor, and I never said I didn't want to see a stadium built. What I said was She wasn't owned by the Locals...I think you barking up the wrong tree...why U Mad Bro?

BTW...Not all Unions are of the Construction trade...but I guess you knew that...:noidea:Oh Lord

I don't work for the Mayor, and I never said I didn't want to see a stadium built. What I said was She wasn't owned by the Locals...I think you barking up the wrong tree...why U Mad Bro?

BTW...Not all Unions are of the Construction trade...but I guess you knew that...:noidea:Oh Lord
Well , it makes it sound like she is right. Coumo , Mahoney ,the University, they are either crooks or incapable of making good financial projections. The city doesn't have any skin in the game, or at least very little. There has had to have been 50-100 new stadiums , arenas and ballparks built in the last 10 years around the country , but no , they are all incompetent idiots , we won't stand for this here in CNY. When you see insanity in action , it can be maddening.

Well , it makes it sound like she is right. Coumo , Mahoney ,the University, they are either crooks or incapable of making good financial projections. The city doesn't have any skin in the game, or at least very little. There has had to have been 50-100 new stadiums , arenas and ballparks built in the last 10 years around the country , but no , they are all incompetent idiots , we won't stand for this here in CNY. When you see insanity in action , it can be maddening.

I don't disagree with you...Just wanted to state that she wasn't owned by the Locals. I am not originally from Syracuse, moved here from NYC (Brooklyn). I've lived here for over 20 years, with only a break for Military service. I personally think people in Syracuse think too small.It's almost like they expect the 1950's to be rolling around again. When I heard about the Stadium, I was all for it. I was recently in Baltimore, and had a chance to visit Camden Yards, I would have loved to see them do that to the area, it would have been a big deal, and I know that it is pretty irrelevant now, but the capacity of the stadium was well over 50k.

I
Love
This

Mayor Miner so mishandled this. God forbid she seized an opportunity to play ball and get those $16 million in material improvements along the way.

Hope the next election has candidates who combine Miners legitimate caring for the City with the savvy of what needs to be done to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.