Kenterius Womack to transfer | Syracusefan.com

Kenterius Womack to transfer

Makes sense. I don't think he would have seen the field here other than on specials. Hopefully he can find somewhere he can contribute

Good luck to him. If he wants to return somewhere close to home and get playing time, UAB might be a good choice, as they resurrect their program.

cCzCedlr_bigger.jpg
Katrina‏@womacksmom3 34m34 minutes ago

As a family we stand behind Pig & the decision that he has made. Thank you all for your love, kindness & support to our family. #GoOrange
1f34a.png

Attrition likely not over.

Anyone know who else is likely on the way out? I think the move that could potentially turn out worst for us is Fredericks.

I won't be shocked at all if Fredericks leaves but hopefully not.

Sad to see this. KW loved rhe cuse area and embraced the change a few years ago when arriving checking out a chiefs game and trying to be part of the community . heard he had good hands in practice . bummed about this. good luck KW.

Sad to see this. KW loved rhe cuse area and embraced the change a few years ago when arriving checking out a chiefs game and trying to be part of the community . heard he had good hands in practice . bummed about this. good luck KW.
Good hands. Good athlete. What happened?

Good hands. Good athlete. What happened?

Maybe too light? its different when you are recruited by one regime and another comes in. they all have different talent opinions. happened to me in college . i played baseball in fla, recruited by one coach , he left the next year, i then spent 3 years trying to overcome new recruits of the new regime that simply were more favorable bc they were their recruits. i get it.

Saw that Jon Burton played on Saturday.

I always liked his size - I'm disappointed that he either decided to leave or was advised to leave.

Burton was a Greg Adkins flyer who was brought in right before Marrone's staff exited. He had 4 years to do something here on a team that had both depth and talent issues on the O Line and he wasn't really able to do much of anything with 2 different coaching staffs.

Can't exactly understand why you'd be upset at this development. If guys aren't going to contribute and we have an opportunity to move them along then that is exactly what should be happening.

Wilson falls into the same boat. Both seemed like good kids but neither was going to really help the team.

I'm more disappointed with Womack than any of the kids leaving with eligibility left because he is a dynamic athlete that just couldn't find his niche here.

Class act all the way, too bad.

Insofar as the rest of the attrition is concerned, net positive for the program, IMO. Always knew that the fishes and loaves wouldn't tell the story until after the season.

Burton was a Greg Adkins flyer who was brought in right before Marrone's staff exited. He had 4 years to do something here on a team that had both depth and talent issues on the O Line and he wasn't really able to do much of anything with 2 different coaching staffs.

Can't exactly understand why you'd be upset at this development. If guys aren't going to contribute and we have an opportunity to move them along then that is exactly what should be happening.

Wilson falls into the same boat. Both seemed like good kids but neither was going to really help the team.

I'm more disappointed with Womack than any of the kids leaving with eligibility left because he is a dynamic athlete that just couldn't find his niche here.

Agree, Womack was dynamic and at one point flashed good hands and route running . hs shortstop . hood athlete . thought he would contribute here but again , new regime maybe didn't think he was a fit. tough spot. also...loved Burton as a player. met him on the field 2x at the spring game . a beast , in shape , looked the part. might have been a lack of motor and/or footwork to play tackle .

Hmm. Was there anybody else on the roster from the previous staff that seemed to be redshirting and then ended up playing. Those are folks I think might be likely to leave, since they'd sit a transfer year anyway. Why sit for two years redshirting if that's the case?

In any event, sad to hear of a player leaving, especially a guy that really seemed to be positive off the field. Best to you, Womack family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom