Kenterius Womack to transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kenterius Womack to transfer

How many more are we expecting to leave? Also this is going to bring up quite a few more open schollies, are we thinking a lot of JUCO?

How many more are we expecting to leave? Also this is going to bring up quite a few more open schollies, are we thinking a lot of JUCO?

We have room for 24 newbies right now.

Rumor is the staff is looking at 25-27.

Agree, Womack was dynamic and at one point flashed good hands and route running . hs shortstop . hood athlete . thought he would contribute here but again , new regime maybe didn't think he was a fit. tough spot. also...loved Burton as a player. met him on the field 2x at the spring game . a beast , in shape , looked the part. might have been a lack of motor and/or footwork to play tackle .

He has always looked the part. No doubt about that.

Attrition likely not over.

Anyone know who else is likely on the way out? I think the move that could potentially turn out worst for us is Fredericks.

Very likely Frederick leaves from what ive heard.

really was hoping pig would find a spot here. good luck to him, though.

One of the good kids, that's too bad for us, but maybe best for him. Hope he finds a great spot.

If he leaves then we really need to hold on to both FR as they might well be the #1-#2 backs and that also means we would need to hit RB hard again the next year to have any depth at all.

We have room for 24 newbies right now.

Rumor is the staff is looking at 25-27.

Not sure if that is a rumor, I thought Babers actually said that in one of his mid-week radio shows.

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned if Fredericks leaves, he was so far in the dog house he basically did nothing for us. It free's up a scholarship for a player that might actually do something.

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned if Fredericks leaves, he was so far in the dog house he basically did nothing for us. It free's up a scholarship for a player that might actually do something.
Dog house?? Please enlighten us why he is in the dog?? A bunch of us tried to figure it out. You speak as if you know.....

i'm concerned because he's the best RB on the team. And why can't he win the job back in the spring with a strong off season?

i'm concerned because he's the best RB on the team. And why can't he win the job back in the spring with a strong off season?

Exactly, obviously a rough season but I was hoping there wasn't a permanent lock on the doghouse.

I'm sure he could possible win the job in the off season, but to me it seems like he buried himself deep this season. I'm guessing he would have to so up in shape, not overweight, learn where to line up, and know the line coverage calls to sniff the starter spot. Anything can happen, but I'm not going to worry about him transferring we will be fine.

Burton was a Greg Adkins flyer who was brought in right before Marrone's staff exited. He had 4 years to do something here on a team that had both depth and talent issues on the O Line and he wasn't really able to do much of anything with 2 different coaching staffs.

Can't exactly understand why you'd be upset at this development. If guys aren't going to contribute and we have an opportunity to move them along then that is exactly what should be happening.

Wilson falls into the same boat. Both seemed like good kids but neither was going to really help the team.

I'm more disappointed with Womack than any of the kids leaving with eligibility left because he is a dynamic athlete that just couldn't find his niche here.

I'm disappointed because the guy is 6' 8," weighs over 300 pounds and appears to be pretty agile.

I understood that he was a project but was hoping that he would develop.

When a guy with the physical dimensions that Jon Burton presents does not pan out, I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed that Womack didn't work out either though he never really knocked me out - he seemed way to slight to be effective on the field.

Dog house?? Please enlighten us why he is in the dog?? A bunch of us tried to figure it out. You speak as if you know...
I know nothing, but what else could it be? Reports of him showing up out of shape to spring ball, he had issues lining up correctly, and he was not able to call out line adjustments like the other two running backs. If I can see all of that I'm sure the coaching staff see's way more and would lead one to believe he was in the dog house.

I know nothing, but what else could it be? Reports of him showing up out of shape to spring ball, he had issues lining up correctly, and he was not able to call out line adjustments like the other two running backs. If I can see all of that I'm sure the coaching staff see's way more and would lead one to believe he was in the dog house.
ok, I am confused. You say you know nothing. Then you he wasn't able to call out line adjustments like the other two backs. Either you are on staff or you have super sonic hearing in a large crowd during the game.

For what it's worth, during Dino's locker room speech, #22 was up front and looked all in to me. He seems all in to me too. I understand this is a situation we wished we had answers too. It is what it is , for now. A new day is coming, let's see how it pans out for the remaining players. I wish them all the best. GO CUSE!!!

ok, I am confused. You say you know nothing. Then you he wasn't able to call out line adjustments like the other two backs. Either you are on staff or you have super sonic hearing in a large crowd during the game.

Watch the game he doesn't go up to the line to make the call, I don't need super sonic hearing. I know nothing as in inside information, sorry for the confusion. I was stating my observations form watching the games. Mahoney had to move him into position a few times. Strickland and Neal (a freshman) both would go up to the line to make the call when it came in from the sideline, Fredrick never did.

Just because someone drops on the depth chart does not mean he is "in the dog house." It just means that there are others who could better perform all of the responsibilities of the position. The position has changed at SU. It's not Frederick's fault but it is his problem. Personally I would think that many very good RB's would struggle with line calls etc. If he can get over that apparent deficiency he could be a very valuable contributor. If I was to hand the ball 25-30 times to a RB on this team JF would be the guy. I don't really see that happening in the next couple years at SU.

Just because someone drops on the depth chart does not mean he is "in the dog house." It just means that there are others who could better perform all of the responsibilities of the position. The position has changed at SU. It's not Frederick's fault but it is his problem. Personally I would think that many very good RB's would struggle with line calls etc. If he can get over that apparent deficiency he could be a very valuable contributor. If I was to hand the ball 25-30 times to a RB on this team JF would be the guy. I don't really see that happening in the next couple years at SU.
I understand what you are saying and if that is the case he may very well leave. What a shame.

. Wrong. Mahoney made the line call once. Mahoney moved him and move Strickland once, life went on. Go back and look at the few times he played he made line calls. Well maybe you watched that one game where Mahoney made that one line call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom