Kenterius Womack to transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kenterius Womack to transfer

I'm disappointed because the guy is 6' 8," weighs over 300 pounds and appears to be pretty agile.

I understood that he was a project but was hoping that he would develop.

When a guy with the physical dimensions that Jon Burton presents does not pan out, I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed that Womack didn't work out either though he never really knocked me out - he seemed way to slight to be effective on the field.

maybe his lack of development was due in part to Joe Adam.

and Womack is twice the size of Riley.

Y'all keep talking about Fredrick but seem to have forgotten the other RB that came in the 2015 class that hasn't seen the field with this staff...Tyrone Perkins. At least I can't remember him out there.

Just because someone drops on the depth chart does not mean he is "in the dog house." It just means that there are others who could better perform all of the responsibilities of the position. The position has changed at SU. It's not Frederick's fault but it is his problem. Personally I would think that many very good RB's would struggle with line calls etc. If he can get over that apparent deficiency he could be a very valuable contributor. If I was to hand the ball 25-30 times to a RB on this team JF would be the guy. I don't really see that happening in the next couple years at SU.

Sure dog house might be the wrong word.

Sorry to see Womack leave. Wish him well and thank him for choosing to be Orange. Things didn't work out for him and I understand he has made a choice. He seems like a class act and his family seems to have ingrained that in him. All the best.

ok, I am confused. You say you know nothing. Then you he wasn't able to call out line adjustments like the other two backs. Either you are on staff or you have super sonic hearing in a large crowd during the game.
I'm not an insider, and suspected the same things.

i'm concerned because he's the best RB on the team. And why can't he win the job back in the spring with a strong off season?
Best RB by what metric?

Apparently the coaching staff believes he's the 3rd best RB on the team, and that's the only measure you can place on it.

Best RB by what metric?

Apparently the coaching staff believes he's the 3rd best RB on the team, and that's the only measure you can place on it.

the eyeball metric.

look, he's the best kid at taking a handoff and running with the football. it's not debatable. if there are other things JF doesn't do well I get that, but he's the best pure running back...and it's not even close.

if you want measurable metrics

Strickland - 162 for 566 / 3.5 avg / 4 TD long of 49
Fredericks - 28 for 139 / 5.0 avg / 0 TD long of 29

Fredericks - 107 for 607 / 5.7 avg / 4 TD long of 75

Yes yes I know they are different offenses and that's fine. But Fredericks hits the hole harder, has great vision and cut back ability and makes people miss. Heck. George Morris is better than Strickland and Neal.

Last edited:
the eyeball metric.

look, he's the best kid at taking a handoff and running with the football. it's not debatable. if there are other things JF doesn't do well I get that, but he's the best pure running back...and it's not even close.

if you want measurable metrics

Strickland - 162 for 566 / 3.5 avg / 4 TD long of 49
Fredericks - 28 for 139 / 5.0 avg / 0 TD long of 29

Fredericks - 107 for 607 / 5.7 avg / 4 TD long of 75

Yes yes I know they are different offenses and that's fine. But Fredericks hits the hole harder, has great vision and cut back ability and makes people miss. Heck. George Morris is better than Strickland and Neal.
fredericks also played vs 2's in most of his games this year.

With 2's blocking 2's.
To date nobody on this board seems to have any inside information about the strange case of Jordan Fredericks. Why don't we leave it at that until somebody knows more than just their own hunches?

Y'all keep talking about Fredrick but seem to have forgotten the other RB that came in the 2015 class that hasn't seen the field with this staff...Tyrone Perkins. At least I can't remember him out there.

Perkins was Slotted as a hybrid and Babers moved him to the slot. There's nothing really to talk about with him.

In terms of him transferring out, not everybody is going to leave. Teams have a 3/4 deep and not everybody can play. Ideally you'd like the pups who stick with it take over as juniors and seniors.

And so did Strickland and Neal. They didn't do against the 2's either. Those kids took most of the scrub handoffs.

There's no doubting JF's full time true frosh numbers crushed what Strickland did.

Good luck kentarius Had a great discussion with him at fanfest when he first came up. He loves fishing

With 2's blocking 2's.
To date nobody on this board seems to have any inside information about the strange case of Jordan Fredericks. Why don't we leave it at that until somebody knows more than just their own hunches?
The information is the coaches saw them in practice every single day, and decided that Neal and Strickland were better RBs and they received snaps as such.

That's the inside information. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous, because the coaches obviously will put the players that give them the best chance to win on the field. Plain and simple.

Usually, but they also had Riley returning instead of Estime for the 1st few games, so they make mistakes
The information is the coaches saw them in practice every single day, and decided that Neal and Strickland were better RBs and they received snaps as such.

That's the inside information. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous, because the coaches obviously will put the players that give them the best chance to win on the field. Plain and simple.

Usually, but they also had Riley returning instead of Estime for the 1st few games, so they make mistakes
That wasn't a "they missed something" mistake but a conscious decision to not have Brisly on the field for every play. Not saying it wasn't a mistake in judgement but there was thought behind it, it's not like they didn't see he could return kicks at a high level.

Arguing otherwise is ridiculous, because the coaches obviously will put the players that give them the best chance to win on the field. Plain and simple.
Now that's silly. Coaches are willing to risk millions in salary to play lesser players, just because.

Last time I talked to Pig's mom, he was leaning heavily towards Troy and South Alabama, if I . They're both a little over an hour from where his family lives.
Troy would be good. I just hope that he gets a good shot at getting some playing time.

I'll be driving by there in a few weeks on my way to 30A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom