Kentucky being handled by Richmond | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky being handled by Richmond

Which makes sense. Bryant merely played us tough(when we couldn’t practice for 2 weeks), while Richmond pretty much dominated Kentucky.

richmond would probably be a 15-17 point favourite against Bryant. Whether that means something who knows.

I believe people are way overplaying the no practice card, in assessing how bad we played. I could be wrong and others are right.

Either way, We will find out more over the next 3 games if any concerns coming out of this were valid or not. But patience and message boards often do not mix.

as noted I am not making a big deal of one game as it may have little predictability. I am most annoyed by JBs excuse making and demands for schedule changes moving forward when almost every team will face similar adversity at one point this season. Just deal with it.

Last edited:
richmond would probably be a 15-17 point favourite against Bryant. Whether that means something who knows.

I believe people are way overplaying the no practice card, in assessing how bad we played. I could be wrong and others are right.

Either way, We will find out more over the next 3 games if any concerns coming out of this were valid or not. But patience and message boards often do not mix.

as noted I am not making a big deal of one game as it may have little predictability. I am most annoyed by JBs excuse making and demands for schedule changes moving forward when almost every team will face similar adversity at one point this season. Just deal with it.

I mean...you practice basically every day in basketball for a reason. This isn’t the NBA.

I gotta wonder if maybe we aren't going to see more of these kinds of upsets against teams that normally have big-time home court advantages?

Is it possible that the absence of thousands of fans in the stands has something of an 'equalizer' effect?

Once your team is down to a 'lesser' team playing out of their minds, you no longer have a very noisy crowd getting your team pumped up for a big comeback.

Could this actually be a new COVID factor that will be impacting games?

I can't disagree with you more. One team practices for two weeks and the other doesn't. And it showed in every way. Bryant was prepared and ready to play. Syracuse wasn't.

Last edited:
I gotta wonder if maybe we aren't going to see more of these kinds of upsets against teams that normally have big-time home court advantages?

Is it possible that the absence of thousands of fans in the stands has something of an 'equalizer' effect?

Once your team is down to a 'lesser' team playing out of their minds, you no longer have a very noisy crowd getting your team pumped up for a big comeback.

Could this actually be a new COVID factor that will be impacting games?
Well, no home crowd certainly doesn't hurt the visiting team.

SF over UVA, Duke struggled some with Coppin St, now UK with a surprising home loss. Definitely a trend out there.

Oh and Ohio St had to rally to end up beating UMASS Lowell.

Cuse fans in 2015: “ugh I’m sick of recruiting long athletes for the zone, we need to get better offensive players!”

2020: “ugh enough of these guys who can only shoot .. we need to be better on defense!”
Spot on.

Richmond was a likely tourney team last year. Bryant was #234 in the country per KP.

I am not going to make a big deal out of one game, but the way this board equalizes all mid major teams is quite odd to me.

its wild. My guess is ignorance. NEC champ is consistently a 16 seed. Bryant will probably not be the champion.

its wild. My guess is ignorance. NEC champ is consistently a 16 seed. Bryant will probably not be the champion.
tfw it's ignorant to say Kentucky should've been able to at least hang tough w Richmond

lol really?

yes really...can you read?

“the way this board equalizes all mid major teams is quite odd to me.”

this is what I was responding to. I didn’t bring up Kentucky at all in my post. Maybe you meant to reply to someone else?

There is a large and growing group on this forum who need to see blowouts of crap teams regardless of situation to feel any to sort of confidence about this program. There is no point in trying to convince them otherwise. That said, for those of us still carrying hope and optimism, there has been far too much reason for doubt in the past four years than optimism so one can't blame the cynicism. I think circumstances warrant another look before we pre judge either SU or Bryant ( I pointed out their similarities to the older Iona squads in another thread) even with the historical knowledge of both teams.

“The way this board equalizes all mid major teams is quite odd to me.”
I accept your apology.
way to be purposely dense, it's really impressive.
no one was saying Richmond in any way = Bryant. Some of us were pointing out that Kentucky, supposedly a top-10 team, was dominated by a solid Richmond team

way to be purposely dense, it's really impressive.
no one was saying Richmond in any way = Bryant. Some of us were pointing out that Kentucky, supposedly a top-10 team, was dominated by a solid Richmond team

is it possible I never said that anyone was saying Richmond = Bryant?
again...you are read some deeper meaning Into the post. I’m explaining my post to you and you are calling me purposely dense. nice.

is it possible I never said that anyone was saying Richmond = Bryant?
again...you are read some deeper meaning Into the post. I’m explaining my post to you and you are calling me purposely dense. nice.
again, most impressive

There is a large and growing group on this forum who need to see blowouts of crap teams regardless of situation to feel any to sort of confidence about this program. There is no point in trying to convince them otherwise. That said, for those of us still carrying hope and optimism, there has been far too much reason for doubt in the past four years than optimism so one can't blame the cynicism. I think circumstances warrant another look before we pre judge either SU or Bryant ( I pointed out their similarities to the older Iona squads in another thread) even with the historical knowledge of both teams.

Every thread is turning into the same argument no matter what the topic starts out as.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom