Kentucky steals recruits with benefits | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky steals recruits with benefits

gilardino

Starter
to name a few

1)2012 Noel was set to go to the HOYAS, than the last minute, he is at UK

2)2016, green set to go to CUSE, than he is at UK

3)Knox set to go to Duke, than UK

I recall Coleman's high school coach on radio saying he did not want to go to other schools(did not name UK by name but we all know it was UK) who offered houses and cash. Can someone confirm they heard that?

yet, cause Nancy Cantor was an idiot and reported minor fractions to NCAA we get slammed, meanwhile UK and UNC keep on rolling and going on like no big deal

to name a few

I recall Coleman's high school coach on radio saying he did not want to go to other schools(did not name UK by name but we all know it was UK) who offered houses and cash. Can someone confirm they heard that?

I heard that.

reality is this, we cant beat out UK for recruits, they offer money, houses, jobs and stability for the future. Meanwhile, we have players working at the YMCA and its illegal

Last edited:
There is always a Goliath if not more than one. If you believe that Kentucky offers money or houses or whatever, do you have absolute certainty that we don't offer the same?

There is always a Goliath if not more than one. If you believe that Kentucky offers money or houses or whatever, do you have absolute certainty that we don't offer the same?
no we don't offer houses, maybe the ones in clay at the Orange commons track with street names named after players from 03 team?

There's some irony here complaining about the Coleman situation, given the circumstances that put him into a new school district in high school...

Everybody cheats at the highest level. They have for 50+ years. Of course someone like Worldwide Wes shouldn't be near a college program, but SU's not missing out on recruits because of some ethical set of standards that leave us at a disadvantage.

no we don't offer houses, maybe the ones in clay at the Orange commons track with street names named after players from 03 team?

So you are absolutely positive we don't offer players or players families houses/housing?

As OttoMets just said - cheating occurs at the highest level.

I think if we offered houses we would know, this is a small town

My point is you can't be sure. And maybe we don't. Maybe we offer money. Maybe maybe maybe.

You can't complain that KENTUCKY is "stealing" recruits. I will gladly hear your complains when Boston College has the #1 recruiting class. Not a school that has the second most top 5 recruits since 2007.

We need to offer more money and bigger houses because I don't see what you are saying in our recruiting.

We need to offer more money and bigger houses because I don't see what you are saying in our recruiting.

What I am saying is we are not top dog but I hate when fans complain about Kentucky paying off recruits or blah blah blah all because we didn't get a kid. It happens. As HOFCeluck said - if you don't have proof you're just complaining.

Recruiting doesn't always guarantee final fours either. I think our program has been doing just fine in the last 5 years. Almost on par with Kentucky.

Not sure why you are just coming to this conclusion. PaypalCal has always been a crook wherever he's coached at. Now he's even worse, especially with WWW3 in his hip pocket.

THE NCAA investigated us for 10 years, in those 10 years I am sure they would have found something
Does anyone believe Boeheim pissed off someone notable and they made it their business to come after him personally? I do! There is little explanation why others aren't even being challenged as improprieties abound throughout the NCAA basketball landscape

Hey I am fully aware that it's very likely UK is cheating. Arizona, Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc etc etc I sure all do the same types of things. Doesn't mean that we can't be doing the same kinds of things.

Hey I am fully aware that it's very likely UK is cheating. Arizona, Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc etc etc I sure all do the same types of things. Doesn't mean that we can't be doing the same kinds of things.
Once bitten twice shy

THE NCAA investigated us for 10 years, in those 10 years I am sure they would have found something
Investigated? They didn't investigate. They jammed us on what we self reported

to name a few

1)2012 Noel was set to go to the HOYAS, than the last minute, he is at UK

2)2016, green set to go to CUSE, than he is at UK

3)Knox set to go to Duke, than UK

yet, cause Nancy Cantor was an idiot and reported minor fractions to NCAA we get slammed, meanwhile UK and UNC keep on rolling and going on like no big deal
You leave out Anthony Davis? That dude was the crown jewel of everything wrong with college hoops

You leave out Anthony Davis? That dude was the crown jewel of everything wrong with college hoops

Was it between us and Kentucky for Anthony Davis? I don't remember us recruiting him hard.

Was it between us and Kentucky for Anthony Davis? I don't remember us recruiting him hard.
yes it was, and UK paid him off, but if you ask our leader HOF Celuck, he will tell you otherwise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom