Kentucky vs. Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs. Louisville

Eric15

Living Legend
If Kentucky goes into Louisville and wins by 15-20 tomorrow, then I think this entire college basketball season is just a big waste of time. Crown them.

hqdefault-2.jpg

Going to be interesting to see how Harrell plays against NBA size. He's a generous 6'8 and is going up against three guys who are 2-3 inches taller

I'm more curious to see how Kentucky looks in Feb-March when they are playing for their NBA Draft status. I was at the Dome when the Wall-Cousins team lost to WVU and that was a complete self-implosion that night. Seriously that team might be one of the most talented college teams in the last 10 years and they got beat by a team with 0 NBA guys.

I would say even if they lose to Lville, I would still bet my house on them winning it all.

Any team that struggles to beat Columbia is not a lock. They have more talent but will they have it 6 games in a row in march or have that game where they shoot 2-20 from deep

Any team that struggles to beat Columbia is not a lock. They have more talent but will they have it 6 games in a row in march or have that game where they shoot 2-20 from deep

Did someone say 2-20 from deep?

(Syracuse team photo here)

I think Eric15 has it right. My sense is, if Kentucky wins relatively easily they will attain that, Tiger-Wood-in-His-Prime vibe. That thing where competitors fold come crunch time because the level of domination previously exhibited creates the illusion of invincibility. If they denude Louisville after the humiliation of UCLA, and given the talk that UK could seriously challenge an NBA team (whether even close to true or not), then they will rattle around opponents heads' before they even leave the locker-room, for the rest of the season.

Regardless, I think CBB is broken right now and needs the NBA to change its draft rules to better serve the longterm interests of both levels of the sport.

And what are you supposed to do about routing for someone? Kentucky v Louisville? That's like having to choose between ISIS and the Nazis.

In terms of the tournament, I really don't expect UK to get much of a challenge until the Elite 8. So the questions really becomes, can they beat 3 very good teams like Arizona, Wisconsin, then Duke? This is a very good UK team in what I'd call a weak college basketball year. check out the teams that are a shell of their usual self:

Syracuse
MSU
Florida
UNC
Kansas
Michigan
Uconn
Pitt

Want to know why the NCAA has no interest in investigating UK recruiting? The media loves an undefeated powerhouse in any sport. It's good for TV ratings. Good for busine$$. The NCAA is loving it.

I think Eric15 has it right. My sense is, if Kentucky wins relatively easily they will attain that, Tiger-Wood-in-His-Prime vibe. That thing where competitors fold come crunch time because the level of domination previously exhibited creates the illusion of invincibility. If they denude Louisville after the humiliation of UCLA, and given the talk that UK could seriously challenge an NBA team (whether even close to true or not), then they will rattle around opponents heads' before they even leave the locker-room, for the rest of the season.

Regardless, I think CBB is broken right now and needs the NBA to change its draft rules to better serve the longterm interests of both levels of the sport.

And what are you supposed to do about routing for someone? Kentucky v Louisville? That's like having to choose between ISIS and the Nazis.
My good man, that is easy! We obviously root for Louisville. We now need to have - ULP! - ACC pride. I always like to root for the conference overall, because a strong ACC is always good for us, just as a strong BE used to be good for us. Anyway, that's how I manage complicated loyalties, but others might disagree.

I also have my beloved Louisville cousins to consider, but that's a whole other bucket o' worms.

My good man, that is easy! We obviously root for Louisville. We now need to have - ULP! - ACC pride. I always like to root for the conference overall, because a strong ACC is always good for us, just as a strong BE used to be good for us. Anyway, that's how I manage complicated loyalties, but others might disagree.

I also have my beloved Louisville cousins to consider, but that's a whole other bucket o' worms.

I disagree completely. UK all the way. Rooting for Lville is along the same lines as Gtown, UConn, Pitt, etc. Too much bad blood between us.

I disagree completely. UK all the way. Rooting for Lville is along the same lines as Gtown, UConn, Pitt, etc. Too much bad blood between us.

What bad blood is there between SU and Louisville? I know we've played some great games over the past decade, but I don't recall any specific incidents where the fanbases wouldn't respect each other.

Eric15 said:
What bad blood is there between SU and Louisville? I know we've played some great games over the past decade, but I don't recall any specific incidents where the fanbases wouldn't respect each other.

I don't understand why we would hate half the teams people bitch about around here.

Georgetown is about the only team on his list that would warrant such hate. Sure I dislike those teams when they play SU but none have the history like Georgetown and even that isn't what it was in the Big John Thompson Big East.

Never said I don't respect them. In fact quite the opposite. I hate them because Pitino plays us so well.

Trueblue25 said:
they'll lose within the next three weeks..

If they get by Louisville who beats them in the next month?

image-3935663333.jpg

If Kentucky goes into Louisville and wins by 15-20 tomorrow, then I think this entire college basketball season is just a big waste of time. Crown them.

View attachment 32284

It's too bad there wasn't some way for both of them to lose in the same game!

I'm more curious to see how Kentucky looks in Feb-March when they are playing for their NBA Draft status. I was at the Dome when the Wall-Cousins team lost to WVU and that was a complete self-implosion that night. Seriously that team might be one of the most talented college teams in the last 10 years and they got beat by a team with 0 NBA guys.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300860096

4-32 from 3 is gonna do you in almost every time.

Full_Rebar said:

They lost to a well coached two seed by seven when they shot horribly. I wouldn't call it a huge meltdown.

KingOnuaku said:
I expect Harrell to have a monster game.

We should see if he plays 32 minutes, anything more prove Pitino is garbage and plays tired and exhausted players.

See, I actually think that Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe team was better than this one - and I also think the A.Davis team was better than this one. Sure this one has more in terms of quantity but his year's kentucky is sheer size and numbers. Good chance they'll win it all but they're certainly beatable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom