Kentucky vs. Louisville | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs. Louisville

It would take very crisp ball movement to beat this Kentucky team. Three or four shooters and a strong passer in the middle. Use their aggression against them. They go for every fake, so use that against them. They are deep, so it wouldn't be about getting them into foul trouble, just getting them uncomfortable. Get some points from the line and spread them out so help has to come from too far to work. They are not a great team, they are a great collection of talent. And they have a couple of knuckleheads that could cost them a game or two this year.

Good post, fog.

Put me in the camp that believes that the only team that can beat Kentucky is Kentucky.

eh my view of them hasn't changed after this game. They're very hard to score on but just not very good offensively. Unlikely they'll lose in the garbage conference they're in, but they're certainly not going to waltz through the ncaa tourney

The problem is not defending against Kentucky. The problem is scoring against them. Three are very few good shooters in college ball anymore and it's hard to score inside vs. 6-10, 7-0, 7-0.

Yeah, at the end of the day - that's the issue. UL was getting it down low at times, but they looked overmatched - and their bigs aren't exactly weak.

He's calling out Louisville for the clutch and grab that they are known for. Nobody from the opposing teams ever likes it, but they get away with it and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

I'd wondered where all the clutch and grab posts of Christmas past have gone. It's one of my favorite proprietary board terms, behind "meltdown". Both have been sadly lacking from both board starters and bench posters this year.

I'd wondered where all the clutch and grab posts of Christmas past have gone. It's one of my favorite proprietary board terms, behind "meltdown". Both have been sadly lacking from both board starters and bench posters this year.
That is the easiest way for everyone to understand the style of defense that is taught and executed at Louisville, Pitt and Villanova. Well, Villanova last week took it to a whole other level. It makes for an ugly game and takes away from the beauty of basketball, which is meant to be a fast, skilled and athletic game, in my opinion.

Cuse Action said:
I hope you are being sarcastic, because Rick is anything but a dumb coach.

Big time sarcasm. Pitino is a great coach and he played his best players to win the game, it's the same thing that JAB does but unfortunately JAB gets flack for it.

Great defensive teams, but the 'Ville gave away far too many baskets. Offensively, they aren't much different than we are. Except Harrell is a beast.

Big time sarcasm. Pitino is a great coach and he played his best players to win the game, it's the same thing that JAB does but unfortunately JAB gets flack for it.

While I agree in this case, the difference was they were playing the best team in the country and not a team they were favored to beat by 15. If Chino and Ron don't get more than 2 minutes each during the time the crowd only cares about a taco tomorrow, I will be somewhat surprised and disappointed. There will almost certainly be games against tougher opponents where they are called upon this season.

Last edited:
CaptainJ said:
While I agree in this case, the difference was they were playing the best team in the country and not a team they were favored to beat by 15. If Chino and Ron don't get more than 2 minutes each tomorrow, I will be somewhat disappointed. There will almost certainly;y be games against tougher opponents where they are called upon this season.

If the game is close they're probably not going to play, if we have a sizable lead then of course they will. It's been like that all season.

If the game is close they're probably not going to play, if we have a sizable lead then of course they will. It's been like that all season.

JB did recently mention Chino would get some PT in the ACC, and may have even said he'd be important. I guess it isn't every season where the first month of conference play is more cupcake-laden than the OOC schedule. ;)

Maybe if he was allowed to use Obokoh's 5 fouls in addition to his own.

We would struggle to score 40 against Kentucky; and we might be south of 50 against L'ville.

That'd make way too much sense.

That was a tough game to watch. But I loved the intensity. Folks complain about the offensive woes in college basketball. The simple fix is, blow the damn whistle. I'm sure teams are losing at least ten points per game because they are not getting to the line as often as they should be. And some bunnies/layups are missed because defenders allowed to bump and impede.
There's more contact in college than in the NBA.

Well, if Pitino used his bench they probably would have won. What a dumb coach.

LOL...was thinking same thing when, during the game, they announced that Pitino had only gone 7 deep...

Boeheim is probably a lost cause so I think we send Anomander and his minions to Lousiville to instruct Pitino on the proper use of one's bench...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom