Kentucky vs. Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs. Louisville

The problem is not defending against Kentucky. The problem is scoring against them. Three are very few good shooters in college ball anymore and it's hard to score inside vs. 6-10, 7-0, 7-0.

Exactly my take away. And they lose without Ulis he's way better than either Harrison

Duke would beat them, in my opinion.

Harrell is such a prima donna

There should have been about 20 more fouls called between both teams. Looked like the Nova-SU game - and the common denominator between both of these games is Mike Roberts as an official. Also, Louisville can't shoot a lick.

Tyler Ulis is the lowest rated recruit on the Kentucky roster. He was only #25 in the country.

Ulis is the key to UK. The Harrison twins are too hot/cold to scare you.
Wisconsin/Duke/Virginia can beat UK.

Even a team like Georgetown could matchup with UK.

If we played Kentucky in the tournament, what would our strategy be?

Tyler Ulis is the lowest rated recruit on the Kentucky roster. He was only #25 in the country.
"He was only #25"

I hate Kentucky.

I luv that both teams play hard and try and make u miss as opposed to hoping u miss. I luv u play hard for a few then rest.

I'll be thinking of you the next time the buzzer sounds for a team's shot-clock violation vs. SU. :rolleyes:

We'd be in serious trouble. Joseph just isn't experienced or physical enough to matchup.

We'd have to ask Gbinije and Cooney to takeover and beg Roberson and Xmas to take over the boards.

What a stupid foul.

Mental errors and immaturity will be a reason this team disappoints down the stretch. Just my opinion.

I doubt we score 30 points against UK but if their shooting wasn't good I think we could hold them in the 50's.
UK can't stop shooters from hitting 3's. UL can't shoot 3's like us.

Watching these teams, we need to play a lot more physical than we do. Both these teams ride the opposing guards, grabbing, pushing and under the boards they push, shove, hip check. The refs will only call 15-20 fouls a game per team no matter how many fouls you commit. They will not blow the whistle every play. These teams commit 100 fouls and only 15-20 get called. We need to join in on this and stop just being the victim of it.

To be honest I think Rak could still hold his own offensively and defensively against this Kentucky team.

Watching these teams, we need to play a lot more physical than we do. Both these teams ride the opposing guards, grabbing, pushing and under the boards they push, shove, hip check. The refs will only call 15-20 fouls a game per team no matter how many fouls you commit. They will not blow the whistle every play. These teams commit 100 fouls and only 15-20 get called. We need to join in on this and stop just being the victim of it.
We are passive aggressive team. It is very frustrating sometimes as we let less talented teams hang around. We aren't changing under JB now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Miss this attitude.

To be honest I think Rak could still hold his own offensively and defensively against this Kentucky team.
Rak would foul out in 10-20 minutes. Wily Cauley-Stein is going to be the DPOY of the year there is no shame that he would shut Rak down and UK would eat us alive on the defensive glass and would probably get 20+ offensive rebounds.

Maybe if he was allowed to use Obokoh's 5 fouls in addition to his own.

We would struggle to score 40 against Kentucky; and we might be south of 50 against L'ville.

Did UK hire Jaime Dixon's assistant from last year. I always joked Pitt had a consigliere with how sharp that Pitt assistant dressed it looked like he was on the UK bench at the end.
Damn you Calipari if you hired that Pitt assistant.

Alsacs said:
Did UK hire Jaime Dixon's assistant from last year. I always joked Pitt had a consigliere with how sharp that Pitt assistant dressed it looked like he was on the UK bench at the end. Damn you Calipari if you hired that Pitt assistant.

Yep. Barry "Slice" Rohrssen.

It would take very crisp ball movement to beat this Kentucky team. Three or four shooters and a strong passer in the middle. Use their aggression against them. They go for every fake, so use that against them. They are deep, so it wouldn't be about getting them into foul trouble, just getting them uncomfortable. Get some points from the line and spread them out so help has to come from too far to work. They are not a great team, they are a great collection of talent. And they have a couple of knuckleheads that could cost them a game or two this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom