Kentucky vs. Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs. Louisville

They lost to a well coached two seed by seven when they shot horribly. I wouldn't call it a huge meltdown.

That might be true, but its a lot more fun to say a team imploded because they were selfish and playing for their draft stock than simply say they missed some shots, right?

Which is also why no matter how dominant they are, anything can happen in a one and done scenario.

I see South Carolina winning after a death stare from Frank Martin stuns the UK players.

And what are you supposed to do about routing for someone? Kentucky v Louisville? That's like having to choose between ISIS and the Nazis.
Seriously? Get a grip. After SU, I like Louisville. Of course I've lived here for quite awhile and know a lot about the athletic program and school.

it should be one hell of a game and it one of the few non-SU college games that is a "must watch" for me. I hope LVille gives them a hell of a game. Rick should have some interesting schemes. I'd love him to throw varied presses right from the jump. I don't really care who wins because just about any outcome has a great #narritive.

as for conference rooting allegiance, my head is all #goacc but my heart doesn't really care. I was a massive Big East fan and rooted for every BE team (other than GTown) as a secondary allegiance. I even like UConn, just not most of their fans. I used to care about insignificant games like Prov/Seton Hall. now, Wake/VaTech...not so much.

there is no ACC team that I hate. so far among the new "rivals" a mild dislike for Clemson is about it.

so GO LOUISVILLE, I guess

They are going to lose tomorrow to Louisville.

ACC is the conference we are in and i eant our conference to look strong. Looks better when we win against the upper level teams.

Not to mention Kentucky is annoying to me. Between the love fest from media and their coach.

They lost to a well coached two seed by seven when they shot horribly. I wouldn't call it a huge meltdown.

I was there and it wasn't just the shooting. It was the shot selection, Wall not playing defense on Mazzulla, Cousins bitching and moaning the whole game. People sitting behind the WVU bench said the asst coach spent the entire game yelling at the Kentucky bench. WVU had no one inside who could handle Cousins and Kentucky launched 32 3's. It just shows that talent doesn't always win out, and that night it looked like 5 guys playing for themselves, and not as a team. The team led by Davis had clear roles and worked together...we'll see which direction this Kentucky team takes, but too early to crown them.

I know that a Louisville win would make the ACC look good, but the spiteful SU fan in me would like to see Kentucky win, espn gush about their undefeated season all long, and then to watch them lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Kentucky is good but take them out of Rupp and they don't get every call and look beatable.
BTW watching this game makes me forget how much I hate the UL PA announcer and his 3pt calls. He makes Mr.Excitement look like Bob Shepard.

I luv that both teams play hard and try and make u miss as opposed to hoping u miss. I luv u play hard for a few then rest.

Last edited:
Kentucky is good but take them out of Rupp and they don't get every call and look beatable.
BTW watching this game makes me forget how much I hate the UL PA announcer and his 3pt calls. He makes Mr.Excitement look like Bob Shepard.

Him and the Heat PA guy are unbearable, have to watch it on mute

Two of the best teams this year, the defense is amazing in this game but offense in college bball is very very poor this year and many games almost unwatchable, this game included

Louisville's guards are quick on quick, but I'd let them shoot all day long. You can't go in with anything weak in this game. I think a good (doesn't have to be great) defensive team who can score can beat both of these teams (ie. /Duke, Arizona).

Last edited:
Not much offense - intensity is off the charts though.

For a ridiculously bad offensive game, still kind of fun to watch.

Calipari with a somewhat weird sideline interview...thought he might break out a puppet and do some ventriloquism.

Calipari with a somewhat weird sideline interview...thought he might break out a puppet and do some ventriloquism.
I love his ego, its like in his mind hes won 4-5 natl championships. Its either hes counting his chix before they have hatched or hes confusing his recruiting accomplishments w his coaching accomplishments...

He's calling out Louisville for the clutch and grab that they are known for. Nobody from the opposing teams ever likes it, but they get away with it and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

He's calling out Louisville for the clutch and grab that they are known for. Nobody from the opposing teams ever likes it, but they get away with it and that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Very true - they do get away with a lot. That dive by Jones was embarrassing.

I just like that he was having a conversation during the interview with 3 or 4 people and he was playing all the roles.

I know it's an ugly game but you can see physically UK is basically throwing out a NBA team out there.

The problem is not defending against Kentucky. The problem is scoring against them. Three are very few good shooters in college ball anymore and it's hard to score inside vs. 6-10, 7-0, 7-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom