Women's Lacrosse - Kenzie Kent named new WLAX Assistant Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Kenzie Kent named new WLAX Assistant Coach

Well, there’s the confirmation. Best regards to Kenzie, I wish her well wherever she ends up next. I certainly appreciated all that she has done for ‘Cuse in her short time here.

I wonder who coach has in mind to help get this program over the hump.

That sucks. She has coaching in her blood and she was just getting started. I know Kayla thought highly of her. She praised Kenzie in one of her press conferences. I think it was after the JMU game. She said that even though Kenzie coaches the offense, it was her who suggested that Queri be put in Chevarie's spot on defense. And it worked great.

I don't think I realized how great of an athlete she is. I was just reading this article and watching the video in it

She seems like a great girl and will be missed. Good luck to her

Levy would be a good pick she is currently at Florida. Technically Kayla can make 2 hires now that the.NCAA allows 3 full time assistants unless Gebhardt becomes full time

Levy does have multiple years of D1 coaching experience and is a good option. Just to play devils advocate here— has Colorado and Florida made significant improvements the years Levy was there? I don’t know if I can say that with 100% confidence.

I think Gebhardt should be promoted as the 3rd full time assistant. It only makes sense with everything that he has done for this program, i.e. getting Asa to massively improve in 2020 and 2021, getting Delaney Sweitzer out of her head to massively improve from the 2022 season. I was really worried about the goalie play going into the 2023 season but Delaney made me shove my foot in my mouth by not only rising to the occasion, but winning IWLCA goalie of the year. I think Asa was the best goalie her senior year as well, despite losing in that championship game. If anyone deserves anything, it’s definitely Gebhardt. He is a miracle worker.

The big question is if Gebhardt even wants to be full time I don’t know what he does outside of coaching .There is no doubt he is a great coach with that said a lot of Delaney’s training is done through the Goalie Smith academy same as Will Mark it seems to be the latest and greatest goalie technique school. Shooters will eventually adjust to this style and goalies will have to adjust again it’s a never ending dance.

Another possible scenario is if Kenzie is going to Harvard is someone leaving Harvard? if that someone happens to be Becca Block she would be a tremendous addition on the defensive side.There are alot of Cuse alums coaching on the women’s side all depends on how Kayla wants to approach things

Another possible scenario is if Kenzie is going to Harvard is someone leaving Harvard? if that someone happens to be Becca Block she would be a tremendous addition on the defensive side.There are alot of Cuse alums coaching on the women’s side all depends on how Kayla wants to approach things
Since it’s been reported that Kenzie is headed back to Harvard my guessing she would be replacing their current offense coordinator Kiley Anderson and reuniting back with Wills and Block. If anyone is getting let go at Harvard it would be her, not Becca IMO.

Plus, I don’t know if we need another DC. It all depends on if Gebhardt is getting promoted, but we would then have 3 DC’s on staff to 1 OC with Kayla. I think we need to split it up evenly with 2 DC’s : 2 OC’s. If we were going to add another DC I would suggest Asa Goldstock since I think she has done well at USC in just one year, but I’m just thinking out loud rn.

I agree with 100 percent of what you said just a purely hypothetical if it was Becca I just don’t know about Gebhardt becoming full time Im all for it if he does. With that said I believe he came on after Maggie Koch left there have been multiple openings since then including when Regy Thorpe left for him to become full time and it hasn’t happened he may have a job outside of lacrosse that keeps him from becoming full time I honestly just don’t know

I agree with 100 percent of what you said just a purely hypothetical if it was Becca I just don’t know about Gebhardt becoming full time Im all for it if he does. With that said I believe he came on after Maggie Koch left there have been multiple openings since then including when Regy Thorpe left for him to become full time and it hasn’t happened he may have a job outside of lacrosse that keeps him from becoming full time I honestly just don’t know
It says in his profile on cuse.com that he is a regional sales manager for a medical device company

Another interesting Candidate would be Riley Donahue she was coaching at ECU but has recently moved back home. Great player coaching experience with a father who is an absolute lacrosse mastermind

Well it won’t be Riley Donahue she was added to Lemoyne’s staff they got a good one

The new coach is Abby Rehfuss. Very highly regarded. Current head coach at Siena.

Strong family ties to SU.

The new coach is Abby Rehfuss. Very highly regarded. Current head coach at Siena.

Strong family ties to SU.

Very interesting hire obvious ties with her brother and growing up in the Albany area with Kayla. She is also a practicing lawyer with her father part time. Will be very curious to see if SU brings on a 3rd assistant or if Gebhardt becomes full time

I don’t know what this means for the staff but there were definitely four coaches there and introduced. Kayla, Caitlin, Rehfuss and Gebhardt. Don’t know if that means Gebhardt is full time but he was there and working the goalies. Based on track record of SU sports info, we should know something by February.

I don’t know what this means for the staff but there were definitely four coaches there and introduced. Kayla, Caitlin, Rehfuss and Gebhardt. Don’t know if that means Gebhardt is full time but he was there and working the goalies. Based on track record of SU sports info, we should know something by February.

Gebhardt still listed as a volunteer assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom