Women's Lacrosse - Kenzie Kent named new WLAX Assistant Coach | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Kenzie Kent named new WLAX Assistant Coach

8EC79F56-8573-4401-B1F1-2ECC80073E9E.gif
Kenzie,Welcome to Kayla’s staff; you look like a great addition!

Didn’t know where to put this, so I guess it goes here. Heard from multiple people over the last week or so that Kenzie is no longer on the staff. No one knew exactly where she was heading but common thread was this was a personal move not professional.

Didn’t know where to put this, so I guess it goes here. Heard from multiple people over the last week or so that Kenzie is no longer on the staff. No one knew exactly where she was heading but common thread was this was a personal move not professional.
She was meh here

She is still listed as a coach on the website and on her IG and Petro is gone from the mens page

Kenzie will definitely be missed. Sucks that she won't be around to help coach the '23 and '24 classes that she helped recruit; with the '24 class looking to be maybe the best in the country/the best this program has ever seen. I wish her luck to wherever she is headed next.

I wonder who Kayla plans on replacing her with. Hopefully it's someone who has a good track record of improving programs, and has had a lot of experience/success. I'm interested to see how this one plays out. As great of a recruiter Kayla is, I'm sure, or at least hope, that she will nail this next hire.

Isn't D1 allowed to add a third assistant now or something as well?

Yes they are allowed a third assistant but im not finding any official sign of her being gone maybe wishful thinking on my part

July has turned into a really crappy month for Cuse Lax!!! Maybe August will be better!!
Going to miss Kenzie … wish her nothing but the best!!

Well, there’s the confirmation. Best regards to Kenzie, I wish her well wherever she ends up next. I certainly appreciated all that she has done for ‘Cuse in her short time here.

I wonder who coach has in mind to help get this program over the hump.

Well, there’s the confirmation. Best regards to Kenzie, I wish her well wherever she ends up next. I certainly appreciated all that she has done for ‘Cuse in her short time here.

I wonder what Courtney Martinez Connor is doing .. lol.. I have no idea who they are looking at.. just a name that popped in my head

Hawryschuk or Tyrrell would be my immediate thoughts Kenzie had very little coaching experience before coming here. I think Emily or Meaghan would be great at player development Chuk did some coaching at Niagara I believe
I like those.. not that I know that much .. lol.. another name at their age is North.. but I do like your guesses

No chance this happens he has been a head coach for a long time Brent is clueless. North would be a good pick but I think she makes quite a bit with her year round clinics and also has gotten into the broadcast side

Alyssa Murray Cometti would be another gray pick already here in Syracuse was an assistant at Michigan and ran a club team but I believe she just had another baby timing maybe off

Gotta think they look for someone with offense and draw experience. I would love for them to add a coach with a few years on the college level and/or with some recent pro/international playing experience. I think someone like Nicole Levy would be a much better hire than a fresh grad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom