Key move by JB | Syracusefan.com

Key move by JB

y

• y

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • n

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
letting Triche bring the ball up and MCW playing a little more off the ball once in the frontcourt. I think it won the game.
Completely agree. A terrific moveby jb. Smith is such a menace with his ball pressure, particularly against a 6''5 pg. that move really freed up mcw

Also could see our zone start to sag off the guards down the stretch. Forced Siva into some 3s he really didn't look like he wanted to take, he went 1-7.

Also when he backed off Siva on the defensive end. Seemed to lead to a lot of UL standing around and watching Siva jack a few threes. In a game of possessions, those empty trips were huge.

There were two momenets in the same sequence at the end of the first half when Triche's court savvy was evident: the first was recognizing that Louisville had switched-up their defense, and Triche directed our play spacing. The second was after the Fair's missed shot when Grant rebounded and we retained possession, Triche immediately knew to pull the ball out and work for the last shot - which he subsequently dished to MCW for a 3, which tied the score after being down most of the 1st half.

letting Triche bring the ball up and MCW playing a little more off the ball once in the frontcourt. I think it won the game.

The same JB that received 1 vote in the BS ESPN game coaching poll they released this week? Couldn't be...could it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good observation - doubt we win without that move. And I hope we see a bit more of that going forward.

Agreed. I love MCW and think he has a tremendous amount of potential, but the fact is he is not very strong, and he looked intimidated to start the game. Brandon is a fourth year starter, and he's strong as an ox. He wasn't going to let those little Louisville fleas effect his handle.

It was the right thing but should have been done earlier. MCW seemed to care too much about proving he could bring it up by himself. If you noticed Triche, he frequently passed off on his way up the court. ...didn't need to show the world how well he can dribble.

Not only was BT a "man among boys", especially on his drives to the basket, but he took excellent care of the ball. One of the big keys was he only had one TO in 38 mins!

Brandon has to handle the ball against pressure. He's stronger than mcw and has the experience against pressure. Mcw can run the offense once were in the half court against pressure.

No doubt a subtle move that may not have been noticed by everyone. MCW gets to frantic sometimes while Triche is more under control and experienced in big moments. JB was the MVP.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget Keita. I thought he played really well in the second half. Had a key and-1 that spurred a run.
You and I disagree, I guess. I thought BMK was pretty poor for the majority of the game. I would have preferred to see Rak in there late.

You and I disagree, I guess. I thought BMK was pretty poor for the majority of the game. I would have preferred to see Rak in there late.

Baye was good enough (two made free throws that made up the final margin - how about that?), but I'd have been happy with Christmas in there. Especially when Louisville had that five-shot possession late in the game.

Agreed. I love MCW and think he has a tremendous amount of potential, but the fact is he is not very strong, and he looked intimidated to start the game. Brandon is a fourth year starter, and he's strong as an ox. He wasn't going to let those little Louisville fleas effect his handle.
Agree on MCW, except for the last possession where he tore it out of Dieng's hands

What? I thought Baye was far superior on defense than Rak in that second half. JB subbed Rak out for playing bad defense IMO.

Brandon has to handle the ball against pressure. He's stronger than mcw and has the experience against pressure. Mcw can run the offense once were in the half court against pressure.

Agree totally. Let Triche bring it up in the back court and free MCW up to distribute from half court in. At the end of the game, though, I got worried when MCW ignored Brandon calling for the ball and took it all on himself; you've got to go with your senior. Finally, Grant off the bench instead of Southerland gives Cuse a more aggressive attack to the basket and better chances on second-chance attempts -- that's how they can best exploit their height advantage over the Cards (this game and next game). Gotta love it!-VBOF

MCW would get the ball on the inbounds and then hesitate instead of moving the ball up the court. It gave Siva or Smith time to become the aggressor.
I kept watching him do that and it was driving me nuts!
Couldn't understand why he kept hesitating and letting defender come up to him instead of pushing the ball up the court quickly and getting away from the press.

I kept watching him do that and it was driving me nuts!
Couldn't understand why he kept hesitating and letting defender come up to him instead of pushing the ball up the court quickly and getting away from the press.
Maybe he's not on a straight line dash to the NBA. Needs more strength - physically and mentally. Hope he does his growing in another year at SU.

If JB didn't do that, MCW would not have been able to walk from exhaustion by the end.

Baye was good enough (two made free throws that made up the final margin - how about that?), but I'd have been happy with Christmas in there. Especially when Louisville had that five-shot possession late in the game.

That possession knocked about 2 days off my life.

He was schooled on the boards a couple of times near the end. Especially on foul shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom