Kidd vs. Shaw | Syracusefan.com

Kidd vs. Shaw

PoppyHart

All American
What does this say for the value of paying your dues as an assistant? Sure, Kidd might have been a leader on the court like all those catchers who go on to skipper MLB teams, but it seems like the notion of earning your stripes is being pushed aside here. And it's not like Brian Shaw can't think under pressure.

Brian Shaw will get a team one day, and he will do well.
Sonics '14?

What does this say for the value of paying your dues as an assistant? Sure, Kidd might have been a leader on the court like all those catchers who go on to skipper MLB teams, but it seems like the notion of earning your stripes is being pushed aside here. And it's not like Brian Shaw can't think under pressure.

Agreed. Nothing against Kidd, but coaching isn't the same as being a player [even for a guy who understands the game from a PG position like Kidd].

I think it had a lot more to do with Kidd being close to DWilliams, and the Nets' desire to appease their star player to ensure he remains in Brooklyn.

Not sure if you saw but Patrick Ewing's son tweeted why was Kidd getting this opportunity but his dad has been an assistant for ten years and still no head coaching job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if you saw but Patrick Ewing's son tweeted why was Kidd getting this opportunity but his dad has been an assistant for ten years and still no head coaching job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'd say it had something to do with his dad being evil incarnate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom