Kinda OT: for EPL fans - is JB really Arsene Wenger? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: for EPL fans - is JB really Arsene Wenger?

I’ll play...

Chelsea to me is UCONN... good because of a ton of money (State of Connecticut and one coach Jose). Had some success after said coach left but now are struggling. Easy to hate, a$$hole fans

Man City - I don’t think the Nova comparison holds because Nova has done it the right way whereas Man City bought their way in... kind of like Louisville did with Pitino. Also the pressing style of play holds too.

ManU - Duke... Wildly successful, iconic coach (Fergie) and everyone hates them.

Real Madrid - Kentucky... I know it’s not an EPL team but both are historic teams who have a history of big name coaches and star players and also for firing successful coaches (tubby and ancelotti)

Tottenham - to me this is Arizona... great talent that finishes highly but doesn’t actually win anything

Liverpool - UCLA... once dominant and never able to reclaim the glory days though they can be entertaining at times

Arsenal - Syracuse... one coach teams wedded to a system that is outdated. Both programs need a reset.

UNC - Barcelona... plays off of historic rival, entertaining team with an amazing history. Generally even neutrals like them as opposed to their rival.
Good comps here.

If he isn't trying to change then why go get JG3? He's the opposite of the last decade of points we have had since Flynn.
Good take here as well.

I believe this point was spot on and it’s from 2014.
Lol it’s crazy.

I believe this point was spot on and it’s from 2014.
Lol it’s crazy.
Arsenal would kill for Wenger and his 19 Champions League appearances in 20 seasons right now.

They are in 8th place, just fired their coach, are on their worst run of results in 27 years.

it actually is a good comparison because all Wenger did was win.

Their miserable fan base deserves what they currently have.

Arsenal would kill for Wenger and his 19 Champions League appearances in 20 seasons right now.

They are in 8th place, just fired their coach, are on their worst run of results in 27 years.

it actually is a good comparison because all Wenger did was win.

Their miserable fan base deserves what they currently have.
No actually they wouldn’t.
Arsenal was in the Europa League Final last year and finished 5th.
They will be fine. They didn’t spend money last window. Had to sell Giroud to their rival over a year ago.

They will be fine. Our fanbase isn’t miserable. This program has been mediocre for 6 years and their is no reason to feel optimistic about the rest of Jim Boeheim’s tenure as he doesn’t change and is way passive aggressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom