King Joseph gifts Nikes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

King Joseph gifts Nikes

Exactly! If I had $600 as a freshman in college, I sure wasn’t spending it on 15 strangers!
Well, there are plenty of ways a college kid could spend money on or with strangers that are NSFW.

The negativity in and around Syracuse is comical

The kid does a nice gesture, people say it wasn’t big enough. Smh

When have we ever seen any other student athlete do this for a whole other team? Doesn’t matter the value of what he got them, what matters is the thoughtfulness.

What a shame.

Great job by King!

I bought the field hockey team three cans of Manwich last week and got no recognition at all.

Years ago, I bought the women's bball team at my school a couple rounds of drinks to celebrate a big win. If only I had known then that it would have been golden social media content. Gold, Jerry, Gold!

When have we ever seen any other student athlete do this for a whole other team? Doesn’t matter the value of what he got them, what matters is the thoughtfulness.

What a shame.

Great job by King!
wHy dIdN'T He bUy tHeM LaMbOrGhInIs???

:rolleyes:

What a shame.

Great job by King!
I don't think it was that he did it, just that it was video contentable, if that's a word.

What a shame.

Great job by King!
Noooo, it's the value.. If he handed out pennies or pieces of gum to each women's basketball player it would not be considered a thoughtful gesture but rather a condescending gesture. Didn't you ever see the Seinfeld muffin top show, where people would eat the muffin tops but instead of throwing out the bottoms they thought they'd give it to the homeless so they could get some societal karma points just to have them rejected by the homeless too? Why don't you just drop off some chicken skins and lobster shells?!

Noooo, it's the value.. If he handed out pennies or pieces of gum to each women's basketball player it would not be considered a thoughtful gesture but rather a condescending gesture. Didn't you ever see the Seinfeld muffin top show, where people would eat the muffin tops but instead of throwing out the bottoms they thought they'd give it to the homeless so they could get some societal karma points just to have them rejected by the homeless too? Why don't you just drop off some chicken skins and lobster shells?!
Oh FFS

I don't think it was that he did it, just that it was video contentable, if that's a word.

Kids share everything these days on social media??

It’s not his fault it got picked up and went viral within and around Syracuse?

Kids share everything these days on social media??

It’s not his fault it got picked up and went viral within and around Syracuse?
Didn't say it was his fault, not even addressing his act directly. But to say value and price has nothing to do with gift giving never has given or received a gift. Just the way it is. It's not a gift unless it has some appropriate or significant value to the receiver. When my multi billion dollar company used to give $25 grocery cards for employee recognition I thought it was such a condescending and patronizing act. Give me a significant raise that you could afford instead of keeping my money and then give me $25 to celebrate me. Lame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom