Kirk Martin Reassigned to Support Role | Syracusefan.com

Kirk Martin Reassigned to Support Role

Good move by Coach Babers and a good move for Coach Martin. After all Coach Martin has to be a pretty organized person considering he built a Texas high school powerhouse from scratch. Also gives him an opportunity to support the on field coaching staff on both sides of the ball and stay involved in game planning, film breakdown and recruiting via film study and official visits. Coach Babers is building it the right way. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

This means two more coaches then? Ward and McClouds spots are open. Gilbert for Martin.

Win win for everyone involved, now martin can hone his craft of working in a power 5 corporation from another texas man who did it himself!

This seems like a good development for everyone, considering the circumstances.

That is good 2 spots are open. It will allow the new Coordinators to bring in their people which is important.

Will be interesting to see if his spot is utilized to bring in a good recruiter or for a DC to bring in one of his guys.

I'll be the outlier on this one. Did we hire the best possible candidate or the convenient one. I dont know the answer, but it looks like the later.
Only Dino knows. I have no problem with this though. The guy can be a source of knowledge and still maintain his contacts in Texas.

Texas like NJ is very provincial. Having Martin helps a bunch.

I hear you. I'd rather have NJ based contacts I guess. It could also be my strong anti-family hiring bias shining through.
We could hire 10 NJ based contacts and we are not making inroads to that state, way to many big boys fighting over that state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom