Kirk Martin Reassigned to Support Role | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kirk Martin Reassigned to Support Role

We could hire 10 NJ based contacts and we are not making inroads to that state, way to many big boys fighting over that state.
Our starting QB is from there.

I get it, I'm sure its competitive as all heck. I just think that when you have limited resources you have to make the most of each one you have. I love the recent hires and near miss, but I think we're at a point where we need to maximize every coaching/support position.

This just feels like it was done to help out a buddy, I dont think we can afford to do that at this point in the program.

Someone said earlier that Dino knows whats best and that is probably true. Just win baby.

Coach Martin will do an excellent job in this position. He built Manvel high schools program from scratch and turned it into a Texas power house. He has a great personality and from what I hear, the players like him. He can be a tremendous tool for the on field coaches as he breaks down film and provides them with scouting reports. In my humble opinion, this was a good move for all involved and will only make Syracuse University Football better. Go Orange!!!!!

My opinion he would have been better for the open high school contact position. (Per Article) Being a former high school coach he would be a tremendous help to the program in contacting and speaking to current high school coaches.?

what is the budget for this support role 100K plus benefits? and thats probably high. if you could show the AD that 2-3 of these support roles would make a difference ad you staffed them with kids at 50K he would probably do it.

Every time I see this thread as I’m scrolling my heart keeps dropping because it looks like it says “resigned” initially. Just me?

what is the budget for this support role 100K plus benefits? and thats probably high. if you could show the AD that 2-3 of these support roles would make a difference ad you staffed them with kids at 50K he would probably do it.
Boomer Dad talking here:

You need men at least 30 years old talking to HS School Coaches in states like TX, NJ and FL. You can't come off looking like a G5 or FCS program.

The younger guys need to stay internal to the program doing tasks.

I bet ADJW understands this.

BTW, there are exceptions to the rule.

In my own career field: (military) you were never really in charge of larger units until you have at least 8-10 years of experience out of college. IMHO it is kinda similar in college football.

Last edited:
Boomer Dad talking here:

You need men at least 30 years old talking to HS School Coaches in states like TX, NJ and FL. You can't come off looking like a G5 or FCS program.

The younger guys need to stay internal to the program doing tasks.

I bet ADJW understands this.

BTW, there are exceptions to the rule.

In my own career field: (military) you were never really in charge of larger units until you have at least 8-10 years of experience out of college. IMHO it is kinda similar in college football.

My 10 year old calls me boomer and I want to punch him in the face. I'm like your grandparents are boomers you jack@ss. ;-)

I think it's good to have a balance between grey and youth on the sideline.

I know the younger generation knows more than the younger generation before them and the younger generation before them. It's the smartest younger generation in world history but they can still learn a lot from the old timers btw the ages of 40-50 who ya know have been there done that and learned a lot along the way. These are still the people who have to resonate with the parents when it comes to recruiting. Parents don't want to send their kids off with some bro. They want to send their kids off to father figures who they believe will take care of their kids.

Last edited:
younger generation is why the iowa debacle happened.. tons of smart kids coding now but more mistakes than ever

younger generation is why the iowa debacle happened.. tons of smart kids coding now but more mistakes than ever
I don't know if I'd blame it on young kids. Their lead engineer was a Google veteran. More likely the issue was hiring a firm that's never designed an app before, and not performing adequate testing...

Now back to regularly scheduled programming of Kirk Martin's new role, which BTW I think is a fantastic move. This also buys him a year if he does want to get back into coaching. I think Dino is letting him down easy seeing how he's family.

Last edited:
by young i say people under 40.. every year we hire younger people at work who are really smart but they make dumber decisions

Don't know about that. He was probably earning six figures at Manvel and paying less taxes.

if we are paying oc/dc 2-3-400K were paying QB coaches that much too and support staff?

paying someone 50-75K to cut film is pretty good money since its usually a starting type position

Maybe for someone else, but let's just say Kirk is doing OK.

You mean hiering interns to do do high profile coding always goes well?

Good for him. He can go back to Texas where he has a son in college at UNT. Colleyville is a nice area outside of Dallas.
mpsnew.png

Colleyville/Grapevine stadium.

Would love to bring in someone w/ a little NFL or even major college experience for this role like BC. Someone with good line experience to act as an extra developmental coach would be great, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom