Kiss Cam - no means no | Syracusefan.com

Kiss Cam - no means no

The author, I think, needs to have a drink or two. Comparing a kiss in public to 'violent rape' is a bit of an overreaction ( :rolleyes: ). But that's just me.

i believe that under the new uniform consent laws documents must be signed by both parties pre-pucker.

Affirmative consent is a clear, unambiguous, knowing, informed, and voluntary agreement between all participants to engage in sexual activity. Consent is active, not passive. Silence or lack of resistance cannot be interpreted as consent. Seeking and having consent accepted is the responsibility of the person(s) initiating each specific sexual act regardless of whether the person initiating the act is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Consent to any sexual act or prior consensual sexual activity between or with any party does not constitute consent to any other sexual act. The definition of consent does not vary based upon a participant’s sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Consent may be initially given but withdrawn at any time. When consent is withdrawn or cannot be given, sexual activity must stop. Consent cannot be given when a person is incapacitated. Incapacitation occurs when an individual lacks the ability to fully, knowingly choose to participate in sexual activity. Incapacitation includes impairment due to drugs or alcohol (whether such use is voluntary or involuntary), the lack of consciousness or being asleep, being involuntarily restrained, if any of the parties are under the age of 17, or if an individual otherwise cannot consent. Consent cannot be given when it is the result of any coercion, intimidation, force, or threat of harm.”

The author must be trolling. (Please be trolling!)
Syracuse.com posts this nonsense that's the sad part.

The guy who covers the Bills posted a video of a drunk fan in the parking lot last week guzzling a beer then smacking his head into a van or a bus. Then said if the Bills keep winning things will get crazier in the parking lot and was promoting this drunken behavior. Wonder if it will still be funny when that same drunken fan or one just like him you are endorsing to get "crazier" is behind the wheel after the game and takes a life!

Syracuse.com is utter garbage.

OK. I sort of happen to thing he is over reacting also. But as one of the females on this board I also have to say that one should always respect the word "no" from a women, whether it starts as only a kiss or more. Because often if it is 2 people in a room it could start as saying"no" to a kiss and then "no" to something else and then ultimately lead to sexual abuse. I do think it is a bit worrisome that this is the culture our young students have that they did not respect the girls saying no to the kiss cam. Once again this is only if it actually happened this way which seems to be in question in the first place. But let's not underestimate the power of the work "No" especially when dealing with young and impressionable college students.

the point is that writers at Syracuse.com are driven by clicks, the writers that keep their job generate the most revenue and the revenue is generated by internet traffic. if you are reporting on boring crap that no one clicks on, you ain't got a job, even though that could be things that are actually important like city policy meetings or other local politics. I think it illustrates the point that there is some sort of built in local resentment toward SU that has yet to be resolved. i live and work in Syracuse, but i didn't grow up here, and the people my age that i know that did grow up here mock the football program. something dramatic changed right around when i moved here in 2000. they still had a season ticket base but something happened and the city has not embraced football since. basketball on the other hand shows the people will show up. for a winner.

Today's sign that the apocalypse is upon us. Holy moly

Even though that letter was absolutely ridiculous I can't say im sad to see the kiss cam go. First off 75% of the time the people they pick would spend there 8 seconds of fame pointing at the big screen or screaming at it thinking they were on TV. Second it felt like I was stuck in some late 80's or early 90's timewarp with how old the concept was and the god awful music they used to accompany it with.

Still to let some douchey letter be the deciding factor is such typical/classic Syracuse.