Kiss Cam - no means no | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kiss Cam - no means no

In my 4 or 5 years of going to games, the Wake Forest game was the first time I can remember them showing students in the student section, and it definitely resulted in some more passionate kissing than the usual pecks that you see at every game. Don't recall seeing any women shake their heads saying "no" though. It's funny that the letter writer said the woman shook her head and then the guy grabbed her face and stuck his tongue down her throat because the way I recall it, the opposite happened. They both kinda looked at each other and then the girl eventually grabbed his face and started making out. But like the letter writer, I may just be mis-remembering it.

I do remember commenting to my brother that I was a bit shocked that they focused so much on the students though, and that I thought they were lucky that nothing too over the top happened.

Throw a Go-Pro on one of the 'flyers' on the cheerleading team or on the Orange Girl. I'd rather watch that during breaks. I would assume it may cause people to appreciate them more.

Aaaaaaaaand... this just made the national news (NBC Nightly News). Oh Lord

image.jpg
U

This story just made the news in Chicago... Good grief

I wonder if this "controversy" will still be going when hockey season starts. The Crunch KissCam always ends with two players on the opposing teams bench. Adds a whole new dynamic for people looking to be offended.

Being originally from Orange, NJ, I am offended when the crowd shouts out "Let's Go Orange" for I have some bad memories of my former hometown growing up.

Think I will send a letter stating that they do not shout that out anymore and instead "Let's Go CUSE"!

What a joke!

I actually sympathize with the people who want to ban the camera. I had a VERY bad experience with the crowd camera at a Syracuse game a few years ago. The camera caught me talking with a Georgetown fan who happened to have the seat next to me.

Big mistake. My father didn't speak to me for 5 years.

How about a "Show your t*ts" cam? A little mardi gras action to make LSU feel at home.

That's some real Out-of-the-Box thinking right there.

I actually sympathize with the people who want to ban the camera. I had a VERY bad experience with the crowd camera at a Syracuse game a few years ago. The camera caught me talking with a Georgetown fan who happened to have the seat next to me.

Big mistake. My father didn't speak to me for 5 years.
Aaaaaand now you have herpes, right?

I don't the guy was even at the game. He likely saw what happened with the Mets and decided to have some fun and get a local 15 minutes of fame. Now he has national attention and is probably laughing his ass off.

i'm actually fine with no kiss cam. it puts girls in a weird spot.

e
OK. I sort of happen to thing he is over reacting also. But as one of the females on this board I also have to say that one should always respect the word "no" from a women, whether it starts as only a kiss or more. Because often if it is 2 people in a room it could start as saying"no" to a kiss and then "no" to something else and then ultimately lead to s e xual abuse. I do think it is a bit worrisome that this is the culture our young students have that they did not respect the girls saying no to the kiss cam. Once again this is only if it actually happened this way which seems to be in question in the first place. But let's not underestimate the power of the work "No" especially when dealing with young and impressionable college students.

As another woman on this board I think your post makes valid points. The guy disregarded the girl's wishes and that brings up the 'no means no' thing that the letter complained about. I'm sure the girl complained as well. (In my world the guy would also complain that I punched him in the nuts on the screen with possibly dozens watching)

While the issue of s e xual abuse and assault are serious, the actions of one douchebag dont represent an entire crowd. other posters have suggested other things to be banned if that's how they're going to play it.
Thinking about it, one letter writer was complaining about one mad kisser. It should have cancelled each other out

I'm not a twitter expert, but doesn't it say he lives in Denver?

longislandcuse said:
Steve Port just got EVISCERATED by Dennis Miller onThe O'Reilly Factor

Just saw it. Funny. Love Dennis Miller.