Knapp's career is over | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Knapp's career is over

LeMoyneCuse said:
Subtracting Foy, Robinson, and Knapp, there are still 11 O-Linemen on the roster who could, in theory, be healthy enough to play. Trudo, Emerich, Miller, Palmer, Wolf-Gould (Walk-On), Hayes, Shanley (Walk-on), Hickey, McGloster, Lasker, Burton.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear this about Kyle. However much potential he had I hate to see any guys opportunity to fullfill a Dream to play on this level ended by injury. I lost my last season of HS to injury and with it the scholarship offers went away. I have so much pride in coaching one of our younger guys to the state championships that year. I hope Kyle can find the same joy in coaching and get the most out of a great SU Education.

Tough and frustrating break for Knapp. Now he gets to see if he wants to pursue coaching or another career route and I'm sure he'll be a success at whatever he does. You may be seeing a future NY Giants HC!

So sorry to hear about Knapp. Clealry SU will honor his scholorship so I hope his experience at Syracuse still meets important goals in his life. Happy he is coaching and still connected wit the team. Good Luck.

A promising career cut short and with 3 years of eligibility remaining. I can't help but feel it didn't have to end this way or this early. Three concussions in 8 months and all sustained during practice. I understand that the team has had other concussions besides Knapp this spring. The players are too big and too fast to keep banging heads in practice all the time.

small silver lining, we have an extra scholie for those kids in the fall

Feel bad for him. It must be hard to have something you love taken away unexpectedly like that.

small silver lining, we have an extra scholie for those kids in the fall

As is always said around National Signing Day- These things have a way of working themselves out. Sometimes in unfortunate ways.

As is always said around National Signing Day- These things have a way of working themselves out. Sometimes in unfortunate ways.

Agreed--the numbers always work out, in unexpected ways.

Losing kids like Kris Curtis and Kyle Knapp to career-ending injuries is brutal. Both of them had great potential.

Losing kids like Kris Curtis and Kyle Knapp to career-ending injuries is brutal. Both of them had great potential.

Forgot about him, was his issue concussions too? Is he still at Cuse?

I think he could transfer to another school and still play. I think SU has a 3 concussion rule and you're done. I'm not sure other schools have such a strict rule.

I think he could transfer to another school and still play. I think SU has a 3 concussion rule and you're done. I'm not sure other schools have such a strict rule.

probably best given the current judicial system, and the future lawsuits they could incur. Not to mention the health of the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom