Knapp's career is over | Syracusefan.com

Knapp's career is over

Nate Mink‏@MinkNate2 mins
Kyle Knapp is done playing football because of concussion issues. Will help coach.

Ugh...

Well, in no particular order, I was counting on our backup OL reserves to be:

Lasker
Palmer
Knapp
Emerich

Looks like we're down to 8. This is probably a big opportunity for Emerich.

I wonder if it also means that a frosh like Denzel Ward might crack the two-deep.

And more importantly, I wish Knapp the best. Too bad--was looking forward to him playing an important role these next three seasons.

OrangeXtreme said:
Nate Mink‏@MinkNate2 mins Kyle Knapp is done playing football because of concussion issues. Will help coach.
Terrible, awful, sad news.

Damn, so sad to hear.

I thought he was going to be a good one for us.

Best wishes to him in all he does here on out.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 39s
Unfortunate news from the SU football team. Tackle Kyle Knapp has been medically disqualified due to issues with concussions. On that note the team is practicing with extra padding on their helmets in the spring. It looks like a black web that is worn on the helmet

Really awful news. Thought he would be a good one. Love those former wrestlers turned O-Lineman. Best of luck to him and hopefully he can stay engaged with the team in some facet and remain healthy going forward.

I feel awful for him, he would have been a substantial contributor before his career was over.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I hope his life (after football) is not affected by these concussions.

I know a girl who plays both division one soccer and basketball who had to stop playing because of concussions. I feel terrible for Knapp. The concussion problem is one that isn't going away no matter how many rule changes are adopted.

Absolutely horrible for him. He had so much potential, but you have to take care of yourself first and foremost. He has been one of my favorites too.

RF2044 said:
Ugh... Well, in no particular order, I was counting on our backup OL reserves to be: Lasker Palmer Knapp Emerich Looks like we're down to 8. This is probably a big opportunity for Emerich. I wonder if it also means that a frosh like Denzel Ward might crack the two-deep. And more importantly, I wish Knapp the best. Too bad--was looking forward to him playing an important role these next three seasons.

How do go into spring practice with only 9 linemen? Now eight?

Sad, but best for him to quit damaging himself sooner rather than later.

Too bad - Marrone spoke as highly of Knapp as any recruit.

Sad, terrible news-Kyle, keep your chin up. Though this is heartbreaking, you still have your whole life ahead of you.

Wow. That hurts. The kid is making the right decision for his future.

Glad to see he is going to help coach.

Awesome news is that Shaf is honoring his existing scholly.

Wow. That hurts. The kid is making the right decision for his future.

Glad to see he is going to help coach.

Awesome news is that Shaf is honoring his existing scholly.
Not that it matters, but it's probably SU honoring the scholly. Should come off the FB team's books.

Not that it matters, but it's probably SU honoring the scholly. Should come off the FB team's books.

However it is spun, it's great they're honoring it.

I think the concussions been an issue for some time. I think Lasker is solid and he is gonna be valuable to us but it just didnt make since that he was the first lineman in when hickey went down and not Knapp

Tough break for Knapp. I'm glad he's planning to stay and help out with the team instead of trying to transfer someplace else to play.

How do go into spring practice with only 9 linemen? Now eight?

Subtracting Foy, Robinson, and Knapp, there are still 11 O-Linemen on the roster who could, in theory, be healthy enough to play.

Trudo, Emerich, Miller, Palmer, Wolf-Gould (Walk-On), Hayes, Shanley (Walk-on), Hickey, McGloster, Lasker, Burton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom