Kneeling MLB Version | Syracusefan.com

Kneeling MLB Version

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of MLB.

I like and follow the Rays, Yanks and Mets (when I have time and I do watch some games).

If any of these teams support kneeling, I am done with each team that condones it.

I have enough politics shoved down my throat daily.

It took me 15 years to come back to MLB after all the strikes...could I come back from kneeling and pandering to BLM...we'll see.

I'll be honest...I'm a casual fan of MLB.

I like and follow the Rays, Yanks and Mets (when I have time and I do watch some games).

If any of these teams support kneeling, I am done with each team that condones it.

I have enough politics shoved down my throat daily.

It took me 15 years to come back to MLB after all the strikes...could I come back from kneeling and pandering to BLM...we'll see.
I am sure you will be missed.

Don't be so smug...

There are millions out there that feel the same.

Thanks, I guess. I do know the definition of condone, generally. I'm curious about what you view as a team condoning kneeling.

Let's say Aaron Judge kneels. Are you out, because him kneeling at all is something you take to mean as the Yankees condoning it?

Or Judge kneels, and the Yankees release a statement, and Judge says he felt he needed to do it once and now feels his action made a statement, and going forward he won't. Did the team condone it, and you're out?

These are genuine questions. I'm really curious. It's fascinating figuring out what's in bounds vs out of bounds for people, and why.

Not sure...I'll know it when I see it.

We'll see how MLB handles this

Not sure...I'll know it when I see it.

We'll see how MLB handles this

I think they're going to handle it by allowing American citizens to protest peacefully. They'll prolly issue a statement standing in solidarity with their players and maybe even go as far as condemning systemic racism.

Those bastards.

I think they're going to handle it by allowing American citizens to protest peacefully. They'll prolly issue a statement standing in solidarity with their players and maybe even go as far as condemning systemic racism.

Those bastards.
What would happen to you in the Army if you kneeled in uniform?

They can kneel all they want off the field. In uniform they are there to play a game and pay respect to the Flag. If they don't want to pay respect to the Flag tell us and they can sit in the dugout.

It is better to hijack the conversation and make it about the troops.
Adam and I are Veterans...I only asked him. As far as I know there are very few of us on the board that are.

Kindve a weird tradition to do before a game anyway, if you think about it. IMO. What’s the point? What does the national anthem have to do with sports in the first place?
If you are a Globalist you are right...just pay respect to the world. I'm an American and it has been tradition to do it. I did it at school, little league and cub scouts. If you want to remove the national anthem and the flag at public places continue to vote for the left fringe candidates.

If you are a Globalist you are right...just pay respect to the world. I'm an American and it has been tradition to do it. I did it at school, little league and cub scouts. If you want to remove the national anthem and the flag at public places continue to vote for the left fringe candidates.

So “it’s tradition”?

I get that. But I’m curious as to why? Still don’t really see the point or the connection. It’s just a game.

I personally enjoy the anthem. But I still don’t really understand the point.

What would happen to you in the Army if you kneeled in uniform?

They can kneel all they want off the field. In uniform they are there to play a game and pay respect to the Flag. If they don't want to pay respect to the Flag tell us and they can sit in the dugout.

I don't think they uniforms they wear, and the ones that we wore are remotely the same thing. You know exactly what would happen if I kneeled in uniform. As a member of the Armed Forces I would never kneel in uniform, just as I would never wear my cover indoors, salute in a combat zone, or walk while smoking.

They've been doing all this off the field for years and nobody cared, nothing changed. (You can google this, I don't have time to search and post examples)

Also, I love our anthem. When attending games I always try to make sure I'm in my seat in time to see the colors marched out, and to stand for the anthem. That feeling of being in a full stadium, someone on the field signing an amazing version of our anthem, watching that flag blowing in the wind, gives me chills.

That flag represents freedom, America, democracy. It represents everyone who fought and died for that flag. Players are able to kneel because that flag still flies high. Because this is still America, and they are free to do so. I'm proud that I was a very small part of that

My favorite part of this article.

The anthem’s adoption also gave way to a new American pastime, almost as beloved as sports itself: complaining about people’s behavior during the national anthem. By 1954, Baltimore Orioles general manager Arthur Ehlers was already bemoaning fans he thought disrespected the anthem by talking and laughing during the song. Ehlers briefly stopped playing the anthem altogether, before relenting to pressure and reinstating it a month later.