Kneeling MLB Version | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kneeling MLB Version

Also, I love our anthem. When attending games I always try to make sure I'm in my seat in time to see the colors marched out, and to stand for the anthem. That feeling of being in a full stadium, someone on the field signing an amazing version of our anthem, watching that flag blowing in the wind, gives me chills.

That flag represents freedom, America, democracy. It represents everyone who fought and died for that flag. Players are able to kneel because that flag still flies high. Because this is still America, and they are free to do so. I'm proud that I was a very small part of that

At least they didn't kneel during the national anthem.

Still Pandering. Was going to watch some of the game but didn't after I heard

You mean that 1% stuff y’all got?!
JRHEETER will kick your ass over that.

BTW, I used to get beer at the Brewer's Retail as a college student. It was priced nearly identical to US beer...today it is double.

The Duty Free is still decently priced...so I usually grab a 12 pack after my jaunts over to Canada

pretty sure that the Yanks & Nats kneeled in unison before their game today.

...as did the Dodgers and Giants.

Isn't singing the national anthem a political act?
That's a disgusting question.

I would have liked you to ask that question of my family members at my father's military funeral when they played the National Anthem.

Or how about asking that question of the grieving at Arlington National Cemetery when they play the National Anthem over the loudspeakers.

I lost schoolmates during the Vietnam war and went to their military funerals and watched the pain of family members as the National Anthem was played. Do you think, regardless of their political stance, that at that time they were thinking of the National Anthem being a political statement?

I would say that you never served in the military and lost friends during battle.

Maybe I’m wrong. Perhaps you should enlighten those of us who do not see a political statement being made by the National Anthem.

“Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”

Tell us, where do you see politics in those lyrics?

God Bless America, and our National Anthem.

That's a disgusting question.

I would have liked you to ask that question of my family members at my father's military funeral when they played the National Anthem.

Or how about asking that question of the grieving at Arlington National Cemetery when they play the National Anthem over the loudspeakers.

I lost schoolmates during the Vietnam war and went to their military funerals and watched the pain of family members as the National Anthem was played. Do you think, regardless of their political stance, that at that time they were thinking of the National Anthem being a political statement?

I would say that you never served in the military and lost friends during battle.

Maybe I’m wrong. Perhaps you should enlighten those of us who do not see a political statement being made by the National Anthem.

“Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”

Tell us, where do you see politics in those lyrics?

God Bless America, and our National Anthem.
Thank you to all who have served and all who have sacrificed for our nation.

Honoring a nation, through song or any other means, is by definition, a political act.

Good for you. I'm sorry that peaceful protest offends you.
Police misconduct is a local issue, not a Federal issue. The Flag is a Federal symbol, not a local symbol. Total logically disconnect between action and icon.

Thank you to all who have served and all who have sacrificed for our nation.

Honoring a nation, through song or any other means, is by definition, a political act.
Politics, is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status. ...

Nothing to do with singing

Last edited:
Politics, is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status. ...

Nothing to do with signing
A nation is a political entity. Pledging support for it is a political act.

Ironic that the folks complaining about the kneeling see no problem in their life protesting about what they don't like.
Kelly read this if you are curious my stance... this is why I'm walking away from MLB. He pretty much nails it and as a vet of two conflicts I stand and pay respect to the flag.

Kelly read this if you are curious my stance... this is why I'm walking away from MLB. He pretty much nails it and as a vet of two conflicts I stand and pay respect to the flag.

Four years ago, Mookie Betts said he would never kneel during the national anthem because of his father, Willie, an Air Force veteran who served in Vietnam.

The 27-year-old’s stance has changed. Right before his first official game with the Los Angeles Dodgers Thursday night, Betts took a knee during the anthem. Nearly every player and coach from both the Dodgers and Giants took a knee before the anthem, but Betts was among those who also took a knee during it.

“I wasn’t educated. That’s my fault,” said Betts, who the day prior inked a 12-year, $365 million contract extension. “I need to be educated on the situation. I know my dad served and I’ll never disrespect the flag, but there’s also gotta be change in the world, and kneeling has nothing to do with those who served our country.”