Kneeling MLB Version | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kneeling MLB Version

I'm still bothered by my favorite team's closer strangling a woman.
Yeah - that’s a tough one to reconcile in my mind. He won’t be around this year so we’ll have to wait.

Edit: at quick glance I thought you were talking about German

Last edited:
I understand your point, Mark. It is hard to get away from politics these days and sports would usually take care of that for us.

Dino living as a black man in America has a different worldview than most of us here. If he chooses to take a knee, I trust that he has the right reasons to do so. And if he does, we should probably listen to why.

We live in the United States of America.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I am trying myself to not care about culture war issues anymore. All they do is divide and nobody wants to sit down and fix problems anymore.
Social media has injected a lot of toxic energy into this country.

With that said if black athletes or coaches or any one for that matter wants to make a political statement they should be able to do as long as it is peaceful.
I honestly don’t care if athletes want to kneel for the national anthem. They have their reason(s) for doing it.
I am not going to attempt to read their minds. I understand their is still systematic racism in this country. I am not going to care if athletes want to protest what they don’t like.

I don’t think we should care what the athletes do as its entertainment and if you don’t want to be entertained by the sport you can find another outlet.

I do think the toxicity of social media is hurting this country in a way I don’t know if it can ever be healed. The unity after 9-11 feels like 100 years ago.

Alsacs I agree with most of what you said...save for the fact of protesting while on the field. All it does is bring drama and division. Do it off the field. Okay I've said my thoughts.

We live in the United States of America.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I am trying myself to not care about culture war issues anymore. All they do is divide and nobody wants to sit down and fix problems anymore.
Social media has injected a lot of toxic energy into this country.

With that said if black athletes or coaches or any one for that matter wants to make a political statement they should be able to do as long as it is peaceful.
I honestly don’t care if athletes want to kneel for the national anthem. They have their reason(s) for doing it.
I am not going to attempt to read their minds. I understand their is still systematic racism in this country. I am not going to care if athletes want to protest what they don’t like.

I don’t think we should care what the athletes do as its entertainment and if you don’t want to be entertained by the sport you can find another outlet.

I do think the toxicity of social media is hurting this country in a way I don’t know if it can ever be healed. The unity after 9-11 feels like 100 years ago.
Facebook and Twitter can fffffffffff right off.

Alsacs I agree with most of what you said...save for the fact of protesting while on the field. All it does is bring drama and division. Do it off the field. Okay I've said my thoughts.
I understand that position but I said it my way because these players feel pressure from their communities we fans don’t see and if they choose to send a message they likely know that platform is the manner to do it.

I don’t think kneeling is disrespectful. Sitting down is disrespectful. Nate Boyer a veteran in the military and former NFL player was the person to suggest kneeling as the way to protest peacefully.

Its interesting that you consider standing at attention and looking at the flag, during the playing of the National Anthem, to be a nonpolitical gesture. Maybe i am conflating patriotism with politic-ism? Some would describe protesting peacefully as an act steeped in patriotism, as the right to protest is a founding tenet of our Nation.

I’m more pissed abt automatic runners in extra innings

I get that they are under a time crunch and need to get these games in and don’t want marathon games going on all night. But yeah...it’s a weird rule. Wish they’d do away with it for the playoffs at least.

Wish they’d do away with it for the playoffs at least.
Yeah, it’s complete nonsense doing it in the playoffs.

And the regular season...? Cap games at 11 innings and if there is no winner, call it a tie.

zolo3rd1dw151.png

I am sure this has been posted many times already.