Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

And this, ladies and germs, is why I'm finding it tougher and tougher to get it up for college basketball. NBA, greatest show on Earth.

Problem is there are a lot of games that are blowouts.

This though? Unreal. Playoffs should be awesome

Watch Enes Kanters reaction on the replays.. The dude is resigned to the L when the ball leaves Stephs hand.

In a few years MJ won't be considered a top 5 player. Can't wait.

It's so dumb. We've got morons like Cedric Ceballos and Stephen Jackson claiming their non championship winning teams were better. That's just going way too far.

LOL, Jackson's team was less than 10 years ago!!! Even if you think the players were better "back in the day" (I don't), it isn't like it's changed that much in 10 years

Warriors were rubbing it in a bit against the Thunder. That escalated quickly. Pretty close game and then the Warriors slammed the door.

Warriors were rubbing it in a bit against the Thunder. That escalated quickly. Pretty close game and then the Warriors slammed the door.

OKC is in free fall.

There is a chance LAC catches them, which would make the greatest second round in playoff history with GSW v OKC and SAS v LAC.

East is one good team away from making this 2nd round of the playoffs really good. I would want Miami as the 8th team.
Cleveland vs. Miami, Toronto vs. Boston
West
Golden State vs. OKC/LAC, San Antonio vs. OKC/LAC

It's really annoying this is becoming a thing. I'm blaming Barkley primarily.

I posted Game 7 of the 84 Finals in the Steph Curry thread. People should watch that game. Curry would score 80 against that D. I really think college teams play better defense now than what was played in the 80's. The defense in the 90's was good, but the players weren't as skilled IMO. The players now are just much more skilled overall.

I'm not sure anyone will touch the Warriors until they get to the Spurs

I think OKC could get two games against GSW if they were at full health.

Not sure I would bet on it, but I think they would put up a good fight.

The problem is that Donovan isn't a good coach. At least not yet. And OKC's defensive discipline is just atrocious. A team like GSW that moves the ball just breaks down OKC's defense so easily.

OKC also still plays hero ball and defenses are just too advanced for that to win a title nowadays.

I posted Game 7 of the 84 Finals in the Steph Curry thread. People should watch that game. Curry would score 80 against that D. I really think college teams play better defense now than what was played in the 80's. The defense in the 90's was good, but the players weren't as skilled IMO. The players now are just much more skilled overall.

I like to call 1980s defense "coast til the 4th quarter" defense.

East is one good team away from making this 2nd round of the playoffs really good. I would want Miami as the 8th team.
Cleveland vs. Miami, Toronto vs. Boston
West
Golden State vs. OKC/LAC, San Antonio vs. OKC/LAC

That would just be incredible.

I really enjoy watching all those teams.

I think OKC could get two games against GSW if they were at full health.

Not sure I would bet on it, but I think they would put up a good fight.

The problem is that Donovan isn't a good coach. At least not yet. And OKC's defensive discipline is just atrocious. A team like GSW that moves the ball just breaks down OKC's defense so easily.

OKC also still plays hero ball and defenses are just too advanced for that to win a title nowadays.

Its funny because I've been one banging the drum that OKC with Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka healthy can play with anyone, but I've reached the point where I'm just not sure anyone is going to touch the warriors over 7 games

I love Carmelo, I ride or die with this dude... but even I need to ask the question after tonight's game with the Celtics. When was the last time Melo just knocked down a straight game winning shot?! It seems like a decade. When he was with Denver he seemed to knock down clutch shots on the regular. With the Knicks it just seems like time after time it's a missed pull up or contested 3... need a game winner from Melo soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom