Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

I love Carmelo, I ride or die with this dude... but even I need to ask the question after tonight's game with the Celtics. When was the last time Melo just knocked down a straight game winning shot?! It seems like a decade. When he was with Denver he seemed to knock down clutch shots on the regular. With the Knicks it just seems like time after time it's a missed pull up or contested 3... need a game winner from Melo soon!

Agreed, but those are incredibly tough shots...especially when everyone in the building knows you're the only option. He made two big shots in the closing minutes.

Really hoping he waves that no trade clause and gets traded to a good squad this summer. He's the only player in the league that is leading his team in points, rebounds, and assists, and he's also leading them in steals too. He's got no help whatsoever.

Agreed, but those are incredibly tough shots...especially when everyone in the building knows you're the only option. He made two big shots in the closing minutes.

Really hoping he waves that no trade clause and gets traded to a good squad this summer. He's the only player in the league that is leading his team in points, rebounds, and assists, and he's also leading them in steals too. He's got no help whatsoever.
Carmelo on Boston makes them a dangerous team. He could have gone there this year. He would have had defensive help and mutliple players to help. NYK would have gotten a young player, and 2 Brooklyn picks, Dallas pick and expiring contract.

Boston w/Melo is an ECF team and could make a series with Cleveland.

Carmelo on Boston makes them a dangerous team. He could have gone there this year. He would have had defensive help and mutliple players to help. NYK would have gotten a young player, and 2 Brooklyn picks, Dallas pick and expiring contract.

Boston w/Melo is an ECF team and could make a series with Cleveland.

Not sure that was as realistic a scenario as some think. I've heard(as I'm sure you have too) conflicting reports, so not sure what to believe.

In hindsight, I do think not going to Chicago in the summer of '14 was the right move. They looked great on paper at the time, but Joakim Noah's body has completely fallen apart. Even before he had his season ender this year, he was barely a factor. This is a guy who was getting MVP talk(laughable, but he was still good) a couple years ago, that is younger than Melo! Rose didn't make it back to the old Rose. He's looking better in recent months, but still nowhere close to what he once was. And with the knee problems Melo has ended up having...Thibs likely would've ran him into the ground and ruined him, and Melo would've gotten blamed for everyone else's injuries like he has been in NY for Stoudamire.

I hope a scenario arrises where he ends up on a good squad that's a good situation. In my wildest dreams, Golden State strikes out on Durant and signs and trades Harrison Barnes who wants/gets a max deal(but not from GS) for Melo, and he gets the easiest 20 ppg he's ever gotten in his life while winning a title.

Article on Kawhi (really great): http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/ka...ncan-gregg-popovich-tony-parker-manu-ginobili

He is the only star still rocking cornrows, an outdated tribute to Carmelo Anthony, and he shrugs when friends claim he'd expand his endorsement portfolio if he shaved the braids. He is happy to sponsor Wingstop, which sends him coupons for free wings, so he can feed his Mango Habanero addiction. This winter, after his $94 million contract kicked in, he panicked when he lost his coupons. Wingstop generously replenished his supply.

Article on Kawhi (really great): http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/15/ka...ncan-gregg-popovich-tony-parker-manu-ginobili

He is the only star still rocking cornrows, an outdated tribute to Carmelo Anthony, and he shrugs when friends claim he'd expand his endorsement portfolio if he shaved the braids. He is happy to sponsor Wingstop, which sends him coupons for free wings, so he can feed his Mango Habanero addiction. This winter, after his $94 million contract kicked in, he panicked when he lost his coupons. Wingstop generously replenished his supply.
But seriously, Wing Stop is legit. I have no idea what's in the Louisiana Dry Rub, but it's incredible.

Warriors / Spurs II tonight. In San Antonio so the home undefeated streak is on the line.

Also, I *think* Pop is actually playing the normal lineup (but who knows).

Warriors / Spurs II tonight. In San Antonio so the home undefeated streak is on the line.

Also, I *think* Pop is actually playing the normal lineup (but who knows).

Has to be the first time this season that Golden State is the 'dog (getting 4 1/2).

We'll have to put this thread to bed in a few weeks, start a playoff thread. Giddy-up!

GSW are short-handed, but the Spurs held them to 37 points and basically shut down Steph.

Danny Green is picking him up almost full court, they're switching snd running him off the three point line.

Pop started Aldridge at center and had Duncan come off the bench.

It's really hard seeing how Parker plays a lot in a seven game series against this team, though.

What a game. Huge win for Spurs. Duncan barely played.

Aldridge and Kawhi had big games.

The Spurs will not let Steph get an inch of space behind the three point line.

Howard Beck is reporting that Lebron is willing to take less to play with Wade, Melo and CP3.

Guess the NBA will be the Friends Squad vs Warriors/Spurs for the next 4-5 years with some other games taking place for no reason.

Howard Beck is reporting that Lebron is willing to take less to play with Wade, Melo and CP3.

Guess the NBA will be the Friends Squad vs Warriors/Spurs for the next 4-5 years with some other games taking place for no reason.
Is it Wade, Melo and CP3 or Wade, Melo or CP3?

Lebron in a Knicks uniform would be pretty cool actually.

Still, he'd be much better served to go to a good team/organization instead of just focusing on the star next to him.

Is it Wade, Melo and CP3 or Wade, Melo or CP3?

Lebron in a Knicks uniform would be pretty cool actually.

Still, he'd be much better served to go to a good team/organization instead of just focusing on the star next to him.

I'm not even going to get too greedy...I would love to see Melo play with CP3 and that would be plenty good enough. He has not had a PG since Chauncey in Denver(the NY version of Chauncey was pretty much done). Not a coincidence that was when he had the most success. Also, though he was on his last legs, Jason Kidd was a key on that 54 win Knicks team. I'd love to see Melo play with a PG who just runs the game like that again.

Kawhi with 24 and 7 at the half. Something to keep an eye on.

Good playoff race in the west. Jazz beat the Rockets, Blazers vs Mavericks is a big one too. 4 teams bunched around 3 spots.

That Lebron story is taken a little out of context, no?

"I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. ... At least one, maybe one or two seasons -- me, Melo, D-Wade, CP -- we can get a year in," James told Bleacher Report in February for a feature story on James' and Anthony's relationship that was published Wednesday. "I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

That doesn't sound like something he's planning on doing any time soon. He didn't do all that maneuvering to become a FA this year to take a paycut.

Lebron loves drama. I mean this stuff coming out of his mouth is a bunch of nonsense.

I mean put Carmelo/Wade/Lebron/Paul all one team they wouldn't beat the Spurs or Warriors. Wade is decompsing physically. Paul and Lebron would share the ball.
I am more interested in the races left.
Miami/Boston/Atlanta/Charlotte race for 3-6 is razor thin. Those 4 teams are 1 game apart with 10 games to go.

In the West wow Dallas could fall out as Utah/Houston/Dallas are engaged in a tight race.

Lebron loves drama. I mean this stuff coming out of his mouth is a bunch of nonsense.

I mean put Carmelo/Wade/Lebron/Paul all one team they wouldn't beat the Spurs or Warriors. Wade is decompsing physically. Paul and Lebron would share the ball.
I am more interested in the races left.
Miami/Boston/Atlanta/Charlotte race for 3-6 is razor thin. Those 4 teams are 1 game apart with 10 games to go.

In the West wow Dallas could fall out as Utah/Houston/Dallas are engaged in a tight race.
If CP3/Wade/Melo/Lebron teamed up next year, I guarantee they could get an athletic rim protector to come there along with a couple 3&D guys... I think they would challenge the Warriors.

It may be taken out of context but everyone knows drastic measures will have to be taken to beat GS or SA for the foreseeable future. Lebron says this stuff combined with unfollowing the Cavs on social media. ...something seems up.

If CP3/Wade/Melo/Lebron teamed up next year, I guarantee they could get an athletic rim protector to come there along with a couple 3&D guys... I think they would challenge the Warriors.

It may be taken out of context but everyone knows drastic measures will have to be taken to beat GS or SA for the foreseeable future. Lebron says this stuff combined with unfollowing the Cavs on social media. ...something seems up.

I just mean I don't think it's happening next year. I don't even know how it could possibly happen next year. Paul is under contract for 2 more years, Melo for 3. The quote definitely reads as something he'd like to do before his career ends, but he's not taking a pay cut this summer.

Lebron seems to be playing a lot of games right now. I agree something is up.

And if Lebron/Melo/Wade/CP3 were on the same team next year, of course they would compete with the Warriors and Spurs.

I just mean I don't think it's happening next year. I don't even know how it could possibly happen next year. Paul is under contract for 2 more years, Melo for 3. The quote definitely reads as something he'd like to do before his career ends, but he's not taking a pay cut this summer.

Lebron seems to be playing a lot of games right now. I agree something is up.

And if Lebron/Melo/Wade/CP3 were on the same team next year, of course they would compete with the Warriors and Spurs.
I wonder if Melo could get Lebron to NY (doubtful since nothing good ever happens to us). I don't think Melo will join Lebron in Cleveland. If the Cavs don't win it all this year or if they do and he fulfills his manifest destiny, could he explore other opportunities. You have to think he's not thrilled with not being the center of attention anymore. He's basically an afterthought after Steph.

If the Warriors switched Iguadola for Durant. They wouldn't beat the Warriors.

CP3 is older, Wade is older, Lebron has a lot of miles on his legs. Carmelo can still score. That team would not be better than GS or SA.

Lebron isn't leaving Cleveland. I could see the Cavs trading Kyrie and asking the Clippers about Paul this offseason. I could see the Cavs trying to move Love in a package and getting back Melo. I don't see Wade anywhere but Miami though.

Plus Wade is now in his Dennis Johnson on the Celtics phase of his career. He would be an elite role type of player but he can't dominate a season anymore because of injuries.

If the Warriors switched Iguadola for Durant. They wouldn't beat the Warriors.

CP3 is older, Wade is older, Lebron has a lot of miles on his legs. Carmelo can still score. That team would not be better than GS or SA.

Lebron isn't leaving Cleveland. I could see the Cavs trading Kyrie and asking the Clippers about Paul this offseason. I could see the Cavs trying to move Love in a package and getting back Melo. I don't see Wade anywhere but Miami though.

Plus Wade is now in his Dennis Johnson on the Celtics phase of his career. He would be an elite role type of player but he can't dominate a season anymore because of injuries.
I don't think that is too far fetched honestly. Kyrie shipped out for CP3. Love shipped out in a deal to bring back Melo. I think Wade joins that team.

If Durant joins GS then the NBA is pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom