Knicks! (and other NBA action) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks! (and other NBA action)

I wonder if Melo could get Lebron to NY (doubtful since nothing good ever happens to us). I don't think Melo will join Lebron in Cleveland. If the Cavs don't win it all this year or if they do and he fulfills his manifest destiny, could he explore other opportunities. You have to think he's not thrilled with not being the center of attention anymore. He's basically an afterthought after Steph.

I just don't see any possible way it could happen next year. Lebron went through all of this to make sure he was a FA as the cap exploded, and he's going to take less money? ( setting aside how you get Cp3 and wade there)

I think Wade is likely to stay in Miami the rest of his career. He's taken care of them, they've taken care of him. That relationship is really strong. I guess if he were to go somewhere else it would be Cleveland to play with Lebron, but the guy already has 3 rings. I don't know if he's willing to take a huge pay cut to chase another one.

I don't see the Clippers trading Paul for Irving, even with the age difference.

Why does Lebron care so much about playing with his friends? This is now a consistent theme.

I think Lebron just likes himself being part of the narrative. Too much attention on Steph/Warriors/Spurs maybe?

Why does Lebron care so much about playing with his friends? This is now a consistent theme.

To somewhat defend him, it's not just him. Chris Paul did the toast at Melo's wedding a few years back, right? it seems to be a common theme.

I don't see any way this "reunion" happens unless it's when they're all over the hill. LeBron has made it pretty clear that he believes taking less than the maximum salary makes the player's union look weak or something like that. I can't envision him leaving enough money on the table to get all 4 of those guys on one team.

I don't see any way this "reunion" happens unless it's when they're all over the hill. LeBron has made it pretty clear that he believes taking less than the maximum salary makes the player's union look weak or something like that. I can't envision him leaving enough money on the table to get all 4 of those guys on one team.

I really think he meant when he's like 36 or something.

I can't wait to see Lebron play with his son in the future. Lebron's kid looked amazing at a recent AAU tournament.

I can't see Lebron/Wade/Melo/Paul playing together anywhere except USA basketball this summer but I don't think Wade will go again to the Olympics and thru that grind.

Hey Knicks who would you put on the 12 man Olympic team now that Anthony Davis is out.
My team
PG-Chris Paul/Russell Westbrook
SG- Steph Curry/Klay Thompson
SF- Lebron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF- Kevin Durant/Draymond Green
C- DeMarcus Cousins/ Blake Griffin
wildcards: Paul George(as a thank you for the injury he suffered), and because Coach K has a Duke Bias Kyrie Irving.

If K doesn't take a Duke guy I would go with a junkyard dog guy in Kenneth Farried as the 12 guy for Spain insurance.

To somewhat defend him, it's not just him. Chris Paul did the toast at Melo's wedding a few years back, right? it seems to be a common theme.
Generational thing, maybe.

Generational thing, maybe.

Yeah I was thinking maybe it's related to the fact that in the more modern era a lot of these guys grow up playing aau with each other?

I can't wait to see Lebron play with his son in the future. Lebron's kid looked amazing at a recent AAU tournament.

I can't see Lebron/Wade/Melo/Paul playing together anywhere except USA basketball this summer but I don't think Wade will go again to the Olympics and thru that grind.

Hey Knicks who would you put on the 12 man Olympic team now that Anthony Davis is out.
My team
PG-Chris Paul/Russell Westbrook
SG- Steph Curry/Klay Thompson
SF- Lebron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF- Kevin Durant/Draymond Green
C- DeMarcus Cousins/ Blake Griffin
wildcards: Paul George(as a thank you for the injury he suffered), and because Coach K has a Duke Bias Kyrie Irving.

If K doesn't take a Duke guy I would go with a junkyard dog guy in Kenneth Farried as the 12 guy for Spain insurance.

That seems like a pretty good unit; I think you might want another big guy though. Also, Leonard has to be on the team. I'd probably take George off for Leonard. I want another big guy because I'm not sure Blake would work as a 5. Draymond might work in that roll. But what about Deandre or Drummond? They're both athletic bigs who can basically just rebound and play defense.

Yeah I was thinking maybe it's related to the fact that in the more modern era a lot of these guys grow up playing aau with each other?

That seems like a pretty good unit; I think you might want another big guy though. Also, Leonard has to be on the team. I'd probably take George off for Leonard. I want another big guy because I'm not sure Blake would work as a 5. Draymond might work in that roll. But what about Deandre or Drummond? They're both athletic bigs who can basically just rebound and play defense.
Drummond played at the World Championships in 2014 so he could be in play. I just think Blake Griffin has been with USA basketball longer but Green may be the guy squeezed out. If Leonard has to be on the team he would likely be one of the 2 wildcards as well. I think USA basketball wants to offer George a spot because of the injury he suffered.

Blake could be the backup PF and Drummond the backup C and Green is squeezed out.

Drummond played at the World Championships in 2014 so he could be in play. I just think Blake Griffin has been with USA basketball longer but Green may be the guy squeezed out. If Leonard has to be on the team he would likely be one of the 2 wildcards as well. I think USA basketball wants to offer George a spot because of the injury he suffered.

Blake could be the backup PF and Drummond the backup C and Green is squeezed out.

Blake is awesome, I'd like to keep him on the team. He doesn't scream out 5 to me though. That's the only thing. Though maybe that only matters against Spain

My starters would be:

Steph
Klay
Bron
KD
Draymond

Subs:
CP3
Russ
Kawhi (I actually think Kawhi should start, just don't think it will happen)
Melo
DMC

Last two spots if you have vets:
Whatever two Nike guys you have to put on the team to make sure Nike flips the bill.

All joking aside, I would love to see Jimmy Butler and DeAndre.

Three point shooting lineup:
Steph
Klay
Kawhi
KD
Draymond

All defense lineup:
CP3
Klay
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi
Draymond or DeAndre

And 1 Mixtape lineup:
Steph
Russ
LeBron
KD
DeAndre

The Boston Celtics are the 1 in the 54-1 at Oracle Arena.

This loss is huge for San Antonio. They are a way better version of the Celtics and now can beat GS on the road in the playoffs.

Also GS now has to beat SA to break the 72 win record. Also Boston is a cluster with Atlanta/Charlotte/Miami.

They play Charlotte/Miami at home and Atlanta on the road and this GS win could get them home court round 1.

The Boston Celtics are the 1 in the 54-1 at Oracle Arena.

This loss is huge for San Antonio. They are a way better version of the Celtics and now can beat GS on the road in the playoffs.

Also GS now has to beat SA to break the 72 win record. Also Boston is a cluster with Atlanta/Charlotte/Miami.

They play Charlotte/Miami at home and Atlanta on the road and this GS win could get them home court round 1.

I wonder how much Pop will care about SA's home undefeated streak and the chance to be the first team to go 41-0

I lean toward him not caring at all, but I could be wrong. 41-0 is pretty incredible.

Yeah, that is my sense, too. I think it's a nice-to-have for him, but he's not going to stack his lineup. If they go 41-0 and it's because Boban dropped 25 and 12, so be it.

Like 2 days after he did the Lowe podcast. Super weird.

The problem is that if you hire Hinkie, you have to buy in, full boat.

This was always going to take a long time. I'm not saying I agree with his process, but once you hire him, you need to give him the leash to get to the end.

And good luck with Bryan Colangelo. That should be a disaster.

This was always going to take a long time. I'm not saying I agree with his process, but once you hire him, you need to give him the leash to get to the end.

Do you have to if you think he made poor draft picks? Playing devils advocate here.

Like I'd have to imagine he'd have some more rope from the owners if he drafted Pozingis instead of Okafor. Friend of mine made a point; KP refused to work out, interview, etc with the Sixers. I think they deserved to be knocked for creating an atmosphere where one of the elite prospects in the draft has no interest in playing for you.

Last edited:
Do you have to if you think he made poor draft picks? Playing devils advocate here.

Like I'd have to imagine he'd have some more rope from the owners if he drafted Pozingis instead of Okafor.

They are both assets and neither will be top five players in the league. Porzingis definitely fits the current NBA, but was a bigger risk. Okafor is a perfectly fine draft pick if you are looking for a solid asset to trade at a future date.

Noel should be the center of the future unless Embiid can come back and prove himself.

In Hinkie's eyes, being the sixth seed in the playoffs and getting your butt kicked is worse than acquiring assets.

Again, not saying I agree because he, to me, was just way too inhumane to the players, especially considering how young they were. But if you buy in, you got to go the full distance.

I can't believe they think Colangelo is going to be the guy to get them to where they need to be.

Like I said, more playing devils advocate than anything else. I agree Noel is the C of the future, and I really don't know what Okafor projects to be. he can't guard anyone.

I mean, or it could be on Hinkie to do more than just perpetually acquire assets and actually build a team.

I mean, or it could be on Hinkie to do more than just perpetually acquire assets and actually build a team.

If your goal is to win a title, he did the right thing.

If your goal is to be good enough to make the playoffs, he did the wrong thing.

Plucky, feel-good teams don't win NBA titles. You need real talent. And you either need to draft or acquire that talent with assets.

Not sure what they expect with Colangelo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom