Knicks vs Heat | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Knicks vs Heat

Who ya got?

• Knicks

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Heat

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Melo has so much more heart than Lebron. Just have to win on Monday. No biggie. Still a lot to like about this Knicks team.

Ha, dude, Chandler has played terribly today. Not that there weren't some bad calls, but he's been awful. If you won't concede that I am not sure what to say.

You don't have to say anything, as long as you think you're watching a legitimate basketball game.

Melo has so much more heart than Lebron. Just have to win on Monday. No biggie. Still a lot to like about this Knicks team.

Yes, it's only a matter of time before the league gives them a championship. With Anthony and Lin, it's guaranteed.

no Shump means a lot of JR Smith the rest of the series. OK, now its officially over.

Before the series I was hoping to win a game. Not sure that's going to happen now. (I'm assuming Shump is done).

The refs were not good, but the Knicks did not look at all prepared to handle the Miami D. I am going to be interested to see how they adjust in game 2.

The flopping really sucks. There has to be a way to handle it better.

It was mostly the refs fault the Knicks lost by 30. Is that the consensus :eek:

They changed the entire game mid second qtr, sucked the life out of the knicks and they lost it...watching with a bunch of heat fans and they agreed...knicks had no shot this series but that reffing was attrocious

They changed the entire game mid second qtr, sucked the life out of the knicks and they lost it...watching with a bunch of heat fans and they agreed...knicks had no shot this series but that reffing was attrocious

Call me old fashioned...I tend to focus in on 27 turnovers by the Knicks. 27. I don't care if the refs last names are all Ewing. You are not beating the Heat with 27 cough ups.

The knicks flat out sucked. Period. Stoudemire and Anthony shooting a combined 7-22 lost the game.

Si writer nails it

SI's Ian Thomsen with a great line:
These two franchises used to physically beat each other up. But in today's NBA, the game is less about punishing the opponent and more about looking like a victim. The old-timers must hate to see what has become of this rivalry.

I think it can both be true that the refs were really bad, especially in the last 6 min of the second half or so, and that the Knicks were massively outplayed, which is basically my opinion on the situation.

The flopping really does suck. One of the things that really turns me off to soccer.

I think it can both be true that the refs were really bad, especially in the last 6 min of the second half or so, and that the Knicks were massively outplayed.

It is true, i know the knicks are clearly inferior but the reffing just droce me crazy...just o around other boards and objective college fans are saying how bad the refs were. Mike breen was questioning them, thats all you have to know really

Check out the free throw disparity and come back and see me.

Did you watch the game? Anyone with any objectivity at all could see the Heat are in a different league and much more aggressive offensively. If ESPN's shot chart is correct, Melo and Stat combined for 4 shots in the paint.

It is true, i know the knicks are clearly inferior but the reffing just droce me crazy...just o around other boards and objective college fans are saying how bad the refs were. Mike breen was questioning them, thats all you have to know really

I hate the calls like the one on JR Smith and Lebron in the corner. That's basically going to be a foul every time because of how it looks regardless of what actually happened. Didn't really look like a lot there.

There was also one where JR drove and it looked like he may have gotten hit but there was no call. Van Gundy was saying he liked it not being a foul, and maybe he is right, but the only thing i was thinking is that if it was Wade on the drive they would've called a foul.

I hate the calls like the one on JR Smith and Lebron in the corner. That's basically going to be a foul every time because of how it looks regardless of what actually happened. Didn't really look like a lot there.

There was also one where JR drove and it looked like he may have gotten hit but there was no call. Van Gundy was saying he liked it not being a foul, and maybe he is right, but the only thing i was thinking is that if it was Wade on the drive they would've called a foul.

How bout chalmers on the drive where they waited until he missed it to call the foul lol, fields maybe grazed his pinky or something it was ridiculous, battiers flops where hes clearly moving, melo getting the t for passing the ball to the ref, i could go on and on but its pointless...i just wish they would let em play like they did in the nineties

How bout chalmers on the drive where they waited until he missed it to call the foul lol, fields maybe grazed his pinky or something it was ridiculous, battiers flops where hes clearly moving, melo getting the t for passing the ball to the ref, i could go on and on but its pointless...i just wish they would let em play like they did in the nineties

Oh the Chalmers one; I feel like I have seen that more than ever this year in the NBA; the play where whether or not they call a foul depends on if he makes the shot or not. (When they showed the replay, to be fair, I thought Fields slapped down on his wrist.) I think most of the charges in the first half were the right calls though.

Leave it to some posters here to trot out the old "crooked refs" meme in a game Lebron and Miami won by 30.

OH BUT DID YOU SEE CARMELO IN THAT MEAINGLESS REGULAR SEASON GAME>??????

When I have read about 5 articles today on the Knicks/Heat game and each article has 1-2 paragraphs dedicated to the Knicks essentially being neutered by the officiating in the second quarter after it was 30-29 it says something......30-29. 1 point game and then the refs took over. Im sorry, but how can anyone root for Leflop and co.? Its disgusting what this sport is becoming. Tyson Chandler almost got ejected because Lebron is a little b!tch. The Knicks could not even attempt to play defense because if we even looked at a Heat player for too long it was a foul, meanwhile the Heat countered their lack of a big man by learning how to flop.

I wasnt able to watch the game (Thank God) but I followed on gamecast and after the 30-29 second quarter mark Gamecast looked like this: (Lebron James draws foul, JR Smith charging foul, Dwayne Wade draws foul, Tyson Chandler charging foul, Chris Bosh draws foul, Mario Chalmers draws foul, Lebron James draws foul, Tyson Chandler flagrant foul. The Heat at one point had shot 25+ free throws compared to less than 10 by NY.

Have fun rooting for the Euro-pu$$y Heat. I like their new zebra uniforms. If this is how this series is going to be officiated the Knicks should just forfeit. The Knicks played TERRIBLE, but you cannot tell me they werent completely destroyed from that 2nd quarter. As bad as they played it was 30-29 until the refs interjected themselves into the game. Its disgusting what teams like the Heat have turned basketball into. Old school players must throw up watching this garbage. Why the &*&% do I have to hear Jeff Van Gundy going off on the officiating everytime I watch a Knick game? Unfortunately us Knicks fan knew it would be like this and after one game have no reason to think otherwise.

Its easy to look at the final score and say bla bla Knicks lost by 40, dont blame the refs but if you didnt watch the Knicks get their balls chopped off by the officiating in the second quarter than you dont know what youre talking about. I went back on dvr and watched the second quarter and almost broke my cable box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom