Koda Martin to Cuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Koda Martin to Cuse

Does anybody know what the A&M board is saying about the transfer? He seems to have been an important player to them.

That's a great ask...we need to know that perspective ):)

He will need time to adjust. I will preface this with saying that I love the move and I get it. He will add to an already deep unit that might be our strongest behind the QBs? As a unit, right? That said, you wonder what some of these guys that have been grinding all spring for a spot, sone rwd shirting, waiting 2-4 years for their shot and then...BAM!!! here comes coach's son in law immediately eligible and a stud . Gotta be a kick in the oranges .
I think being a d-1 athlete u should know that coaches are always trying to recruit over u. At least I would know. Either way it helps us out because he is pushing our other guys or they are pushing him. Competition is the key. What’s the old saying iron sharpens iron or something like that. Lol.

Anyone laying odds on what degree program he enrolls in?

Strickland and Neal must be licking their chops to run behind this line. I won't bring up Ron Dayne's love child again but I really hope we see the Clemson Strickland this year early against some of the lesser teams we have scheduled.

I think Dungey is going to have big rushing totals to go with passing and will be a Heisman contender if he plays 12 games. Gonna try and put some $$$ on that. Got to win one of the FSU/Clemson games and beat the bad teams and Pitt and get to that bye 5-1.

I have no idea who Babers will put where on the OL but I will assume knowing his offense and if they are moving the ball he ain't taking any linemen out... so whomever is in during a good drive is staying in unless there is an injury or the like (insert cramp here). Plus, the group that is consistently having good drives will be the ones smashing away. What a nice problem to have.

Only one concern is that I remember when Dino first arrived it was the O-Line that had the toughest time adjusting to the faster pace. Looking at stats from last year, A&M averaged around 72 plays per game; Syracuse 88. About 22% more plays per game. Shouldn't be a big deal but expect there will be a bit of an adjustment

Fair question. Even if he can only go, let's say, 78 plays (just pulling out a random number), it would seem that this year, we'd actually have sufficient depth to cover the rest without the line falling apart.

I have no idea who Babers will put where on the OL but I will assume knowing his offense and if they are moving the ball he ain't taking any linemen out... so whomever is in during a good drive is staying in unless there is an injury or the like (insert cramp here). Plus, the group that is consistently having good drives will be the ones smashing away. What a nice problem to have.

I don't think he knows. He'll find out in fall practice. Then the injuries will start and that will make decisions for him. I know he likes his linemen to be versatile so he can put the best available guys out there.

I have to be honest with you. I thought this guy would be more dominant.

Koda Martin is not the issue -- our OL interior is fairly weak, that's the unit's issue.

It's too bad the team feels the need to head out into the "western new york night." That seems unnecessary when they can do plenty rignt in central new york.

Seriously though, that's a nice story.

It's too bad the team feels the need to head out into the "western new york night." That seems unnecessary when they can do plenty rignt in central new york.

Seriously though, that's a nice story.
I doubt Koda has been west of Armory Square and DestinyUSA since he has been here. Maybe the NYS Fair and the amphitheater?

I doubt Koda has been west of Armory Square and DestinyUSA since he has been here. Maybe the NYS Fair and the amphitheater?

I don't think the author knows the difference between CNY and WNY although Syracuse is West of Albany. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom