Koda Martin to Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Koda Martin to Cuse

Whoa. This is big.

I assume he is at RT. So does it go conway, Roberts, servais, Adams, Martin? That is a legit o line

Whoa. This is big.

I assume he is at RT. So does it go conway, Roberts, servais, Adams, Martin? That is a legit o line

That’s what I was thinking. Heckel drops back to second team. Should be a very solid line.

Is Koda Martin a good OT? I don't know a lot about him.

Great get! Very good player and also was the weight room mvp at Texas A&M.

Is Koda Martin a good OT? I don't know a lot about him.
He started for Texas A+M...tells me he should be a starter on the OL here...or at worst a very high quality backup.
I assume he'll need to get cleared medically.

Ohhhh BOY!!!! Awesome. You can't win, without winning the line of scrimmage. To h**l with all of you, that hate meathead football. As long as he doesn't displace Conway/Servais I'm fine... Our line just got better. That means Dungy just got better. Only 12, non true frosh available, on the line. We NEEDED this. Very excited.

(Starting SEC LT)

Last edited:
A great addition. This must have been a recent decision. Did he go through spring ball with A&M? If he was transferring, wouldn't he sit out spring ball as to not get hurt? Or, did I read somewhere that he was injured and did not play spring ball this year?

A great addition. This must have been a recent decision. Did he go through spring ball with A&M? If he was transferring, wouldn't he sit out spring ball as to not get hurt? Or, did I read somewhere that he was injured and did not play spring ball this year?
He was practicing with the A&M team, experienced heat stroke and was hospitalized.

Former Manvel standout Koda Martin exiting Texas A&M for Syracuse

Koda Martin recently was in the news after suffering a heat stroke late in one of the Aggies' spring practices earlier this month under new coach Jimbo Fisher.

Koda spent a few days in a College Station hospital after what his dad described as kidney failure from the heat stroke. Kirk Martin told the Chronicle he did not blame A&M at all for the heat stroke, it's just that his son doesn't know when to let up and gave out after taking part in about 40 consecutive plays and then running seven gassers – a sprint from sideline to sideline and then back.

Last edited:
He was practicing with the A&M team, experienced heat stroke and was hospitalized.

Koda Martin recently was in the news after suffering a heat stroke late in one of the Aggies' spring practices earlier this month under new coach Jimbo Fisher.

Koda spent a few days in a College Station hospital after what his dad described as kidney failure from the heat stroke. Kirk Martin told the Chronicle he did not blame A&M at all for the heat stroke, it's just that his son doesn't know when to let up and gave out after taking part in about 40 consecutive plays and then running seven gassers – a sprint from sideline to sideline and then back.
So, this might have been a recent decision if he was participating in spring ball with A&M. Doesn't matter, a quality O lineman. Glad he's coming to play for La Familia, both literally and figuratively.

This is very good news. The rotations and keeping people fresh will also be huge. The 2 lines on O and D are the best combined I've seen for a while on the hill.

With this, the running game will take off and force LB's to play in and open up the passing game to the inexperienced WR's. Add to that the threat of ED taking off and these WR's could not ask for a better situation.

Yeah this is cool news, but I have no idea how good he actually is.

Why? He started all his games in the SEC last year. My guess is that he’ll start here and anytime you can grab a starting OL - he’s good.

This is very good news. The rotations and keeping people fresh will also be huge. The 2 lines on O and D are the best combined I've seen for a while on the hill.

With this, the running game will take off and force LB's to play in and open up the passing game to the inexperienced WR's. Add to that the threat of ED taking off and these WR's could not ask for a better situation.

100%. Throw in a very capable backup to ED and at a few important positions - getting some of the traditionally tougher games more spread out?

It’s going to be a fun season. At the very least - we will compete with a real chance to win in every game we play.

Waiting for the, "What's the over/under on when Tucker medically DQ's him?" bit. Let's not go there please. Have to think it'll take Martin at least a little bit of time to adjust and learn a different scheme. My prediction is that he winds up starting, somehow, by injury or out-performance, once the meat of conference play starts.

I dont see him starting. He is only going to have a few weeks in August to learn the playbook and mesh. Unless he is significantly better than one of the current starters he is going to need time.

Whoa. This is big.

Wait, all last year we heard how servais didn’t grade well, and was playing out of position. We just heard in the spring game report that he was a monster at RT. But we’re going to put him back at C? Don’t we have a real center somewhere in the entire roster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom