KSU/Macgruber | Syracusefan.com

KSU/Macgruber

Timonen

All Conference
ok, so i've seen about 15 total minutes of KState this year. From the box score, it appears that macgruber is small and got his points completely by driving to the basket.

i can't imagine he's going to be doing that against our defense (based on skill, size and zone). he'll be driving and dishing (or putting up bad shots), I imagine, which hopefully leads to a bunch of transition.

who knows them well enough to explain what they'll likely do?

i know that because they shot terrible yesterday, they will come out hitting 7 of their first 10 against us, including going 4-5 from deep.

Other than spradling and mccgruder they dont have any 3 point shooters it looked like...,jimmy will not let mccgruder best us no way

images.jpeg
images.jpeg

Sorry, but if we lose to this guy we should quit playing D1 basketball

Their point guard Rodriguez is a freshman but pretty good. He can also shoot the 3.

i know that because they shot terrible yesterday, they will come out hitting 7 of their first 10 against us, including going 4-5 from deep.

While only 2-12 from 3, they were 50% from the field yesterday. Not too shabby.

Ahhh...last I heard, Jimmy won't be playing tomorrow.

Lol you know what i mean, hell have the zone haded towards him and theyll trap on the ing to make him pass...the zone works great against teams with just one top perimiter player

K-State is one of the most unimpressive looking teams from a physical standpoint I have ever seen. They look like a rec league team at the local YMCA. I will be really pissed if we lose to these guys led by a guy name Macgruber.

Lol you know what i mean, hell have the zone haded towards him and theyll trap on the ing to make him pass...the zone works great against teams with just one top perimiter player
Of course, you're right. But, I'm just not seeing the same fire on defense, the so-called "active zone" we saw early in the season. We can only hope...

K-State is one of the most unimpressive looking teams from a physical standpoint I have ever seen. They look like a rec league team at the local YMCA. I will be really pissed if we lose to these guys led by a guy name Macgruber.

....and what did UNCA look like to you?

I agree with that,definitely dont see the "fire" right now, kids dont look like their enjoying themselves either

Kid is a heck of a player and we had better stick somone in his crawl at all times. As he goes KState goes. When he is on they win when off they dont. We need to take him out of his game.

My concern is that the KSU team is going to emulate what UNCA did so effectively in the 2nd half--get the ball on the wing behind the guards, turn / face up, and take it right at the centers.

And if the centers challenge shots, then they'll be out of position to rebound, playing right into KSU's strength on the offensive glass.

None of which matters if we make some @#$% shots.

Their point guard Rodriguez is a freshman but pretty good. He can also shoot the 3.
He's been VERY inconsistent and isn't overly athletic. He doesn't concern me at all.

He's been VERY inconsistent and isn't overly athletic. He doesn't concern me at all.

...which of course means that he's going to go 4 for 5 from three point range tomorrow against us.

...which of course means that he's going to go 4 for 5 from three point range tomorrow against us.
...ya maybe, we always seem to have a "complimentary" player achieve some sort of career high against us. Symptom of of the zone.

Yep, noticed that too. Everyone is built solid except for that Henriquez who is lanky. His wingspan must be up there in the low 7'0 range, though. If he had finished some of those dunk attempts it would not have been as close of a game. I don't think we make it to 55 pts tomorrow. Hopefully they only make to around 50.

If there was ever a time to bring out the press this is it. Nobody for KSU wanted to touch the ball when the other team pressed. The press wasn't all that impressive but it turned out to be effective. We should be able to get some turnovers today and some easy run outs.

One thing I really hope we start doing is just let teams shoot that mid range, free throw line jumper and just get a hand in their face. Teams have to prove they can hit that consistantly and even if they do, its only 2 points. Im soooooooo sick of collapsing on that and letting a wide open 3 point shot go up. Threes are game changers in the tournament. They seem to be mini momentum builders since every possession is worth so much. You know if we collapse somehow Macgruber is going to be wide open somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom