Kurt Warner says Ryan Nassib lacks 'wow factor' | Syracusefan.com

Kurt Warner says Ryan Nassib lacks 'wow factor'

Kurt Warner should go back to his new tv show, as he's beginning to lack brains.

Who cares if he lacks the wow factor. I remember a QB that just won the Super Bowl and lacks the wow factor as well. Just get the job done and press on.

Bill Polian said he is the only guy who is a leader who galvanizes the team and they believe in him to lead them to comebacks. (Paraphrasing,) Also said he din't have to meet him to know that, he saw it in tape.

Bill Polian said he is the only guy who is a leader who galvanizes the team and they believe in him to lead them to comebacks. (Paraphrasing,) Also said he din't have to meet him to know that, he saw it in tape.
What a differnce a year makes. The background talk in 2011 was that the players didn't like or respect Ryan & that was largely responsible for our weak finish & missing out on a bowl &:blah: :blah: :blah: Oh Lord

nassib is by far from a perfect quarterback. him taking a little criticism when hes projected as a high round 1 or round 2 quarterback is fair. it will be proven on the field soon enough.

I'm rooting for Nassib. I thought he (eventually) developed into a great college QB and hope he is picked in the first round on Thursday because that means rickshaw time.

But I'm skeptical of Nassib as an NFL franchise QB. There's really nothing Warner says that is wrong. And Polian's comments about him are kinda weird as I don't think Ryan is vocal enough to be a truly great leader at the next level. He did a great job in that leadership role as a senior but it was a big weakness before then.

I'm rooting for Nassib. I thought he (eventually) developed into a great college QB and hope he is picked in the first round on Thursday because that means rickshaw time.

But I'm skeptical of Nassib as an NFL franchise QB. There's really nothing Warner says that is wrong. And Polian's comments about him are kinda weird as I don't think Ryan is vocal enough to be a truly great leader at the next level. He did a great job in that leadership role as a senior but it was a big weakness before then.

Yea, I'm in the same boat on all of this except for the leadership part. I think it's difficult for those of us not in the lockerroom and on the sideline to really know that. And what I do know is that the kid took a TON of hits playing in a super-conservative offensive system with solid but not otherwordly talent around him and he never complained or went off on coaches, teammates, etc. That says something.

That said, I'm still pretty shocked he's being talked about as a first-rounder and I'm pretty shocked evaluators seem so certain that he's a future starter in the league. I certainly hope he makes me look like a moron when he's wrapping up his HOF career, but I can see where Warner is coming from.

So did Kurt Warner who, if you remember his story, was bagging groceries at the time he got his big break to go to the NFL. Who ever heard of Kurt Warner at that time.

Jamarcus Russell had the wow factor at LSU, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez had the wow factor at USC, Kyle Boller had the wow factor at Cal(I still remember the NFL draft clip of him throwing a ball 50 yds from his knees), Blaine Gabbert had the wow factor at Mizzou. Andy Dalton didn't have much wow factor at TCU all he did was win. Again, Warner is entitled to his own opinions, but I hate when its judged by the wow factor and the fact Nassib didn't have elite talent surrounding him like most of the WOW factor guys do.

Expecting wow factor for a QB in the first round! Scandalous!

90% of SU fans didn't think Nassib would be drafted at all, a year ago. Now Nassib might (or might not) go in the first round, primarily because it's a bad draft for QBs and FHCDM is the Bills coach (and not because he has any sort of wow factor)? Let's declare a Fatwa on Kurt Warner!

Jamarcus Russell had the wow factor at LSU, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez had the wow factor at USC, Kyle Boller had the wow factor at Cal(I still remember the NFL draft clip of him throwing a ball 50 yds from his knees), Blaine Gabbert had the wow factor at Mizzou. Andy Dalton didn't have much wow factor at TCU all he did was win. Again, Warner is entitled to his own opinions, but I hate when its judged by the wow factor and the fact Nassib didn't have elite talent surrounding him like most of the WOW factor guys do.

Jamarcus had a different kind of wow factor.

Wow that pass was horrid!
Wow another turnover!
Wow he loves the purple drank!
Wow he's out of the league and 300 lbs!!

Warner said he wouldn't take a QB in the first round who didn't completely wow him, basically, right?

Oh man, what a jerk! How dare he suggest that Ryan Nassib, a guy few people a few months ago thought would be a 5th or 6th round pick, if picked at all, doesn't wow him!

He's not saying Ryan is a bad quarterback. He's just saying he doesn't really jump out at him as being an elite prospect, more or less. Hell, even in September and October there were people here saying the same damn thing.

The things we get upset about...damn.

Yes damn it... How dare he not gush over a Cuse player!

Warner said he wouldn't take a QB in the first round who didn't completely wow him, basically, right?

Oh man, what a jerk! How dare he suggest that Ryan Nassib, a guy few people thought would be a 5th or 6th round pick, if picked at all, doesn't wow him!

He's not saying Ryan is a bad quarterback. He's just saying he doesn't really jump out at him as being an elite prospect, more or less. Hell, even in September and October there were people here saying the same damn thing.

LOL. You're right but I think a quote like that would be alot easier to digest coming from Joe Montana than it is from Kurt Warner.

What a genius Kurt Warner is, lol. I'm sure Drew Brees who went in the bottom of the first round didn't have much of that Wow Factor either. Incidently, Greg Cosell said that Nassib reminds him of Brees when Brees was coming out of Purdue with the timing/accuracy of his intermediate throws. Cosell and Caplan start talking about Nassib around 4:22 mark.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-No-1-QB/2e3dcaa7-4f11-4aa6-ba49-e1fe886931c5

Oh man, what a jerk! How dare he suggest that Ryan Nassib, a guy few people a few months ago thought would be a 5th or 6th round pick, if picked at all, doesn't wow him!

Here's what he actually said:

"I want to see that wow factor from a guy I'm drafting in the first round, and I just didn’t see it from Ryan," Warner told NFL Network on Tuesday. "Watching film of this guy - not overly impressive."

Guy is definitely entitled to his opinion. Draft is a huge crapshoot anyway--no sure things. The part about not being impressed with what he sees on film seems to be the opposite of what Gruden and Cossell suggested.

What a differnce a year makes. The background talk in 2011 was that the players didn't like or respect Ryan & that was largely responsible for our weak finish & missing out on a bowl &:blah: :blah: :blah: Oh Lord

And those were the teammates who broke into his apt & stole his tv, no doubt. Those guys will be wearing orange uni's of a different kind when Mr. Nassib is cashing a paycheck in the NFL.

Since when does every quarterback have to be RG3, Andrew Luck, or another quarterback with incredible potential?

Is Nassib a future Hall of Famer? Doubt it.

Is he a future Pro Bowler? Doubt it.

Can he be a starting NFL QB? Without a doubt.

Get the piece that fits the puzzle. A lot of players don't have the "wow factor." But they get the job done and that's what teams will notice when they consider picking him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom