Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23)

RB suspended...PG breaks hand....

3957C8FF-373B-42C9-8769-BD9F855D221C.gif

Dumb question: do teams get an extra scholarship to use if a player gets a medical redshirt (not that a broken hand should take that long to heal)?

He seems to have weak bones. ???
I'm guessing you are joking.

Cuffe's first injury was MCL and PCL tears (ligaments in his knee). It is probably just bad luck that he broke his hand, not a pattern.

It's a little like saying Chris Sale having Tommy John surgery two years ago and him having a line drive hit his finger last year are related and indicate a pattern of being injury prone.

It does, however, make it significantly less likely that Cuffe will be playing big minutes this season. He really needed a good summer and preseason to beat out the guys who are likely in front of him.

Practicing shooting with your off hand only helps if you are Hank Gathers.

Dumb question: do teams get an extra scholarship to use if a player gets a medical redshirt (not that a broken hand should take that long to heal)?
No, unfortunately. Thirteen scholarship players are the most a team can have. They can have additional non scholarship players. I am not sure of the number but those non scholarship players have to pay for their education and living expenses.

No, unfortunately. Thirteen scholarship players are the most a team can have. They can have additional non scholarship players. I am not sure of the number but those non scholarship players have to pay for their education and living expenses.

Not gonna stress this one. If it's a simple break it's not a long healing process and easy to stay in shape and recover quickly.

Major bummer. I feel like Cuse is cursed sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom