Kyle lowry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle lowry

Tremont Waters wasn't a good fit for the zone or something like that. We play the 2-3 right? Yeah that was it, he wasn't a good fit for the zone.

This program has never recovered since we whiffed on Daryl Dawkins and he went straight to the NBA.

This program has never recovered since we whiffed on Daryl Dawkins and he went straight to the NBA.

Why couldn't we get Lebron? We just won the Championship and had Carmelo. We could've had a dynasty. Unacceptable.

Anyone remember that College SI magazine they did in 2005 where if all
players had to go to college for 3 years.
In their simulation Syracuse wins a second NC in 2005 over Tyus Chandler and Tony Parker UCLA team.
Beating LeBron James led Ohio State in the sweet 16?
I think I have it at my parents home when I go home.
It even covers for why we didn’t win it in 2004 with Melo saying he got a high ankle sprain and wasn’t available for the NCAAT.

Why are you so sure that we had any choice in the matter? You know for a fact that Lowry wanted to go to Syracuse - signed sealed and delivered?

He's a Philly kid who went to Villanova, a Philly school.

Oof. Chocolate Thunder AND Bazely. Program is cursed.

In their simulation Syracuse wins a second NC in 2005 over Tyus Chandler and Tony Parker UCLA team.
It even covers for why we didn’t win it in 2004 with Melo saying he got a high ankle sprain and wasn’t available for the NCAAT.

How good would our 96 team have been if we had Kittles AND Ray Allen?

"I've found a way to get Bonds and Griffey and we wouldn't have to give up that much!"

"Don't tell it to me, George, tell it to the new assistant to the general manager."

It's nice to finally have a fun thread. And funnier because the OP was clearly serious.

Wish we could've traded #74 for #75. Ha

I think he was on our radar for a time, before he prepped in New Jersey I want to say he was at Brooklyn Tech Poly Prep?

UF really struck gold with that team, this was right around that time that white kid with the hops and their version of Roberson either graduated or left early, and the 2004 recruiting class wound up just killing it for them. I don't even think Taurean Green shows up in the top 100, and Horford's sitting there in the 40s (not that he would've been interested in SU with Warrick and Roberts in front of him).

Noah would've been perfect for SU. We say that about everyone, but he was a hard worker, crazy athletic, and had very little offensive game (and wouldn't have demanded the touches that a lot of talented bigs would). I was friendly with some guys in college who were close with both Jo and Taurean, I remember asking about Noah's recruitment and what he thought about SU, but I can't for the life of me remember the reply. It does stick with me that he took special pride in beating SU in the preseason tournament in fall 2005. As another tri-state area guy, he was really rubbing Roberts' and Watkins' faces in it. Roberts didn't take it well.

Another blast from the past scrolling through that list, I think we were involved with #5, 6, and 7 for quite awhile. Obviously Gay had the AAU funny business that led to the NCAA's rule change on scheduling exhibitions, Telfair's recruitment became a mess after he was an early 'Cuse lean, but Hairston kind of fell off the radar. Wonder what lured him out west.

Last edited:
s-l300.jpg

This is the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom