Lack of a D1 point guard... | Syracusefan.com

Lack of a D1 point guard...

Inconsistent PG play by a guy better suited for SG (and I’ve always defended frank) and zero low post scoring presence outside of complete outliers is the problem. Unfortunately that’s 40% of the lineup most of the time, and the positions that are not usually interchangeable unlike the 2-4.

Never showed up at the start and Battle took over PG while he was still on the court in 1st half down by double digits.

JB puts him back in the 2nd half once we're in the game... 7-0 run for the noles and we get our doors blown off after that... at home again.

I like Frank, but I also know he has the occasional deer in the headlights game...

Tonight was one of those.

You'd think JB would know this and know when to throw the hook.

You'd think JB would know this and know when to throw the hook.
? He put him back in to give Tyus a break and then quickly put him back on the bench after two bad plays in a row.

Frank was abysmal and Carey looks like an elementary kid Learning to drive for the first time. I dont know what's going on with him but hes regressed to the point where he doesn't look like a D1 player out there

Carey is horrified of making a mistake, so he's mechanically thinking about every move he's making which is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

Not sure what Franks plus/ minus was but had to be terrible. He is lazy on defense and dribbles the ball around on offense, can’t to the basket or shoot the three with any consistency. Lastly he did not pass the ball well tonight. We seem to be a better team with Buddy on the floor even when he missed 3s tonight. Sure wish Carey could dribble without losing the ball he would definitely be playing this year

Frank was abysmal and Carey looks like an elementary kid Learning to drive for the first time. I dont know what's going on with him but hes regressed to the point where he doesn't look like a D1 player out there
Can you say Carey regressed? As good as he was in NYC his terrible handle led cuse to the deficit in the first half against UConn. I mean the scoring disappeared but the rest was there the whole time. Just easier you look past when he puts up 20

? He put him back in to give Tyus a break and then quickly put him back on the bench after two bad plays in a row.

Yeah, and that's when our chance of winning died.

We had 4 scorers. They had 10 scorers. And we couldn't outscore them, no duh.
If only there was a position on the court that helped distribute the ball to players in a position to score...if only...

Frank looked listless tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to find out he was battling some sort of sickness.

That or he's injured again would be the only real reasons...

frank was an abomination tonite. but hes been a lazy player for 4 years, especially on defense defending the 3, so i shouldnt be surprised.

heres how frank plays d...im gonna back off you and dare you to shoot a 3 cuz you aint making it...oh snap he made it. ok im gonna back off and dare you to shoot anothet 3 cuz you aint making 2 in a row. oh snap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom