Lack of a D1 point guard... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lack of a D1 point guard...

The replay clearly showed Hughes tripping over his own leg.

Hughes was terrible as well. He slipped on a wet spot on the floor. They are regressing at the wrong time.

in a board of H0T Takes i'm going to ahead and say the lack of development from non Battle players is terrible. howard can't dribble. What has been gmac doing with him in practice for four years. the staff has to take a long look at everything this offseason or JB's tenure will end with a whimper.

in a board of H0T Takes i'm going to ahead and say the lack of development from non Battle players is terrible. howard can't dribble. What has been gmac doing with him in practice for four years. the staff has to take a long look at everything this offseason or JB's tenure will end with a whimper.

JB made a point of it in his presser. He said Frank can't get around anybody. When a reporter asked if that was due to his injury JB waved that off and said it had nothing to do with his injury. Frank doesn't have the handle/penetration game to be a PG and yet doesn't shoot well enough to be a SG.

JB made a point of it in his presser. He said Frank can't get around anybody. When a reporter asked if that was due to his injury JB waved that off and said it had nothing to do with his injury. Frank doesn't have the handle/penetration game to be a PG and yet doesn't shoot well enough to be a SG.

Who's fault is it that we don't have a serviceable p5 point guard?

Maybe Carey comes good next year but he is a head case at the moment... Remember when Knoblauch for the Yanks went from an all-star 2nd baseman to literally being unable to throw a baseball?? Carey looks like he's lost so much confidence he can't handle basic dribbling skills. He may need a sports shrink.

Frank is who he is... There's no breaking news story there. Plays well at times and other times so bad he looks drunk. He is wildly inconsistent, much like this team... And he looks like he's lost a step since the injury, unfortunately... Especially on lateral quickness.

Plus running battle into the ground to try makeup for a lack of point guard saddles our best player with running the show and stifles his natural scoring ability. If he's forced to do this a lot more, he'll be on fumes for any postseason.

It's a crappy thing to HAVE to do.

Recruiting fail.

Last edited:
Who's fault is it that we don't have a serviceable p5 point guard?

Maybe Carey comes good next year but he is a head case at the moment... Remember when Knoblauch for the Yanks went from an all-star 2nd baseman to literally being unable to throw a baseball?? Carey looks like he's lost so much confidence he can't handle basic dribbling skills. He may need a sports shrink.

Frank is who he is... There's no breaking news story there. Plays well at times and other times so bad he looks drunk. He is wildly inconsistent, much like this team... And he looks like he's lost a step since the injury, unfortunately... Especially on lateral quickness.

Plus running battle into the ground to try makeup for a lack of point guard saddles our best player with running the show and stifles his natural scoring ability. If he's forced to do this a lot more, he'll be on fumes for any postseason.

It's a crappy thing to HAVE to do.

Recruiting fail.

It's hard to fully diagnose Carey's issues without being in his head, but the view toward a confidence crisis is not unreasonable.

And otherwise I'd say you've summed up things pretty well. Unfortunately.

I thought the Albany transfer who played for FSU last night would have been our best PG.

So that means the staff knows they have a deficient guard and never did anything!? i hope that is not the case.

So that means the staff knows they have a deficient guard and never did anything!? i hope that is not the case.
The staff tried. They didn't just sit on the couch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom