Landers Nolley in the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Landers Nolley in the portal

True but I am pretty sure someone transferred within the conference last year under the new guidelines.
There are no "new guidelines" they are still proposals that haven't been approved yet. If they do get approved, I'm quite sure that the conferences will still be able to keep their rules to discourage intra-conference transfers for undergraduates. He is still subject to the ACC's rule which takes away a year of eligibility, so he'd only play for 1 year for SU.

There are no "new guidelines" they are still proposals that haven't been approved yet. If they do get approved, I'm quite sure that the conferences will still be able to keep their rules to discourage intra-conference transfers for undergraduates. He is still subject to the ACC's rule which takes away a year of eligibility, so he'd only play for 1 year for SU.
Wait, I thought he was a freshman this year. Did I read that wrong?

Wait, I thought he was a freshman this year. Did I read that wrong?
My bad. Then he'd play for 2 years. If he goes to any non-ACC school, he could play for 3 by using his redshirt year as the year he has to sit out.

My bad. Then he'd play for 2 years. If he goes to any non-ACC school, he could play for 3 by using his redshirt year as the year he has to sit out.
No worries. I just wanted to make sure I had the details in my head right.

No worries. I just wanted to make sure I had the details in my head right.
I saw "sophomore" in some posting and thought he was a sophomore this year rather than a rising sophomore.

I hope we can get someone who is a better on the boards. Don't get me wrong, any port in a storm but if we are hoping, my hope is for someone , I don't know if better is the right word, but different.
I’ll take him over door #2 until someone says JB found the fountain of youth and is hammering the portal with a sledgehammer.

He doesn’t seem to very committed to a school. He’s just hopping around. Maybe not the team kind of guy.

He doesn’t seem to very committed to a school. He’s just hopping around. Maybe not the team kind of guy.
There’s literally hundreds of guys a year just like this. Coach left so he transfers. He graduates and has an extra year of eligibility and decides to explore another school as a grad transfer. It’s almost the new normal given the new transfer rule and the Covid eligibility rules.

I’m not really familiar with him but seems weird that people are so excited about adding a guy that has managed to shoot over 38% from the field one out of 3 years and doesn’t rebound. Is he a great defender or something?

I’m not really familiar with him but seems weird that people are so excited about adding a guy that has managed to shoot over 38% from the field one out of 3 years and doesn’t rebound. Is he a great defender or something?
No.

He is a solid rebounder even if his numbers dipped at Memphis ( less minutes). Penny played 10 guys. Just look at his freshman year at VT. He had a number of double digit nights on the boards.

Average as a defender though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom